Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
Embarrassed to be in the Same Company...

Is it just me or are any of you embarrassed to be in the same company as some Camaro owners? I see more Camaros everyday that are not washed, much less waxed or polished that already look like they are 20 years old. I've seen some Mustangs and Challengers also but the Camaros really seem to stand out. I saw an IOM not long ago that was faded, filthy, like it had been driven exclusively on gravel roads with various bumper stickers literally just slapped on the bumpers (both front and back). I saw another one yesterday that was ragged out with some kind of really cheap cheesy looking wheels and in dire need of a detailing. It makes me want to smack them and ask why did you even bother buying a Camaro in the first place. I mean really they could have gotten a much cheaper used car to trash...
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Its a side effect of having a desirable design thats also offered at a low trim level for a reasonable price. It happened with the Chrysler 300c too IMO... when the masses start to like a car its good for sales, but with that comes a lot of people who just don't know any better.

Unfortunately there is no screening process to own a 'cool' car... though there should be.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
It's not surprising. These are just cars to many people. Their only real attachement to the car is it's the new hot thing to have. They have nothing to sustain there passion, thus it becomes just a car. We are actually in the big minority being a car nut.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
You will see all kinds of cars that are not kept pristine, you may even see a Yugo that is spotless and well kept. It takes all kinds to make a world. I don't care what other people do but it does make me sad to see any nice car looking like crap.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
I get poked fun at quite a bit by family and friends for being O.C. about the Camaro. My DD is a 98 GMC Sierra that is mechanically sound but hardly ever sees a hose and bucket but hey, it's my knock around vehicle. I've had other nice rides and some not so nice but I've always tried to keep them looking as good as possible. I just don't get some people...
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
Chobbs11
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro LS
I am lucky they offered the low trim model, otherwise id be driving the Smart car. I do take care of my ride, though. I am way OCD when it comes to my car!
Chobbs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
dunno, it's their car, maybe just didn't get to it that particular date/time...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
when i was single, the third thing i checked about was the condition and how clean she kept her car. says alot about what other habits may be down the road.
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Could be just bad timing. I know I've driven around with a dirty car for a week or so when I don't get a chance to clean it because of work and school- and I'm just as OCD as anybody on here, I have a closet full of Adam's products to prove it!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I'm ashamed to admit mine is pretty dirty right now. It's been raining practically non stop for the last two weeks, and I have been stupid busy to was it for the 5 min it was not raining LOL. But really I can't stand to drive it when it's barely dirty LOL Quick detail spray before I go anywhere.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 AM   #11
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorduck View Post
Is it just me or are any of you embarrassed to be in the same company as some Camaro owners? I see more Camaros everyday that are not washed, much less waxed or polished that already look like they are 20 years old. I've seen some Mustangs and Challengers also but the Camaros really seem to stand out. I saw an IOM not long ago that was faded, filthy, like it had been driven exclusively on gravel roads with various bumper stickers literally just slapped on the bumpers (both front and back). I saw another one yesterday that was ragged out with some kind of really cheap cheesy looking wheels and in dire need of a detailing. It makes me want to smack them and ask why did you even bother buying a Camaro in the first place. I mean really they could have gotten a much cheaper used car to trash...
not defending them,however,it's a car!..meant to be driven!..i drive it,and i'm really only concerned with keeping the "salt" off it during the winter!..i will wash and wax it once a year just to preserve paint!..other than this,i enjoy the car and drive the s**t out of it!..that's all!..gotta remember that "some" may want to duplicate the used , look of the "older " models to give the car an "older " style with the bumper sticks,and grime!..it's all easily washed off in a drive thru car wash!..just sayin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
It's not surprising. These are just cars to many people. Their only real attachement to the car is it's the new hot thing to have. They have nothing to sustain there passion, thus it becomes just a car. We are actually in the big minority being a car nut.
this is very true!..nothing wrong with this attitude!..it's a car!..it's transportation!.(nice transportation").however it does what all cars do!..gets ya from point a to point b!
it can be an "event phsycological" to some people,however in the final analysis it is what it is!..just a car!..enjoy it,drive the "snot" out of it,and don't forget the rest of your life!
just sayin!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #12
Chobbs11
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro LS
It's much more than "just a car" to me. It's freedom to go when and where you want anytime you feel like it. It's a culmination of man's efforts in engineering and styling all in one mobile package. And it's a promise i made to myself to never be ungrateful for the things I have and not take these things for granted. To respect that promise I take my car in for regular maintenance and I protect it's paint. And I keep the interior spotless. I take these things seriously, as I do all promises I make.

I do however have a life so I can go a full week before I wash my car, and I am ok with that. So... to each, his own!
Chobbs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorduck View Post
There are so many things wrong with this statement it is hard to know where to begin. This is like saying we all have to be a cliche of gun toting Republicans that have lowered their cars and go drag racing all weekend! Who crowned you Supreme Leader of all that is good and right?
This still happens to be the land of the free.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
i'm OCD with my car, but there are times when i have to drive around in a dirty car because i don't have time to clean her...maybe you just caught that person on a bad day...there are some people that just dont give a damn though

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote