Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Interesting facts from datalogging

I went out to PBIR a few nights ago for some TnT and datalogged a run for Ted to look at. The weather was pretty nasty as it was around 83*, 95% humidity, 29.95 baro pressure, da 1695. That might not be bad where you live, but down here, that sucks.
I got kinda nosey and decided to open the log and see what's in there. Most of it makes no sense to me but I did see a few things i recognized.

First off, after idling in the staging lanes, my IAT's started at around 116* and ended at 151* on the run. That's gotta robbing me of a lot of power.

Secondly I noticed that my throttle position never went higher than 71%, if I read it correctly. Does that seem normal? Shouldn't it be much closer to 100%?

Lastly, again if I'm reading this correctly, my quickest shift was the 3-4 and took only .37. This was traditional lift/clutch/shift/clutch/throttle style. not bad for rowing your own gears. How quick are the A6's shifting on their own?
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
I went out to PBIR a few nights ago for some TnT and datalogged a run for Ted to look at. The weather was pretty nasty as it was around 83*, 95% humidity, 29.95 baro pressure, da 1695. That might not be bad where you live, but down here, that sucks.
I got kinda nosey and decided to open the log and see what's in there. Most of it makes no sense to me but I did see a few things i recognized.

First off, after idling in the staging lanes, my IAT's started at around 116* and ended at 151* on the run. That's gotta robbing me of a lot of power.

Secondly I noticed that my throttle position never went higher than 71%, if I read it correctly. Does that seem normal? Shouldn't it be much closer to 100%?

Lastly, again if I'm reading this correctly, my quickest shift was the 3-4 and took only .37. This was traditional lift/clutch/shift/clutch/throttle style. not bad for rowing your own gears. How quick are the A6's shifting on their own?

That is pretty standard for IATS on a pd blower. A little water meth can help that a lot. Depending how the tune is set up it could be pulling a bunch of timing at those high IATS, and robbing power as you said.
I forget exactly the names as I havent logged lately but there are too pids for logging throttle. One reads to 100% and the other only goes to 88% (on a corvette) which indicates full throttle. That is probably the issue there.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:

The throttle will read between 83 - 88 % I think depending on mods. You are not stepping on throttle all the way. I am also currently having the same issue and now have resorted to tapping a note to remind me to use my whole foot on pedal. I was using the bottom of pedal only which caused my throttle problems
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
blufin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
The throttle will read between 83 - 88 % I think depending on mods. You are not stepping on throttle all the way. I am also currently having the same issue and now have resorted to tapping a note to remind me to use my whole foot on pedal. I was using the bottom of pedal only which caused my throttle problems
Do you think that's what it is? The datalog shows exactly 71.37256 for extended periods while in each gear during the run. If I wasn't pushing all the way, wouldn't it fluctuate around? Carpet issue?
Sold
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Do you think that's what it is? The datalog shows exactly 71.37256 for extended periods while in each gear during the run. If I wasn't pushing all the way, wouldn't it fluctuate around? Carpet issue?
That was what I was suggesting could be the issue or foot position as Dan Said.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
thebeast916

Drives: Blown G8 GT
Floor mats? I had the same issue while logging. Floor may wasn't letting me go to the floor.
Not an issue anymore.

I go to pbir all the time. Track prep is not the best. It's decent.
I'll be there soon to test my new setup. Also, those Iats are high just idling if you went at night.
Did you let it cool down, hood open?
I normally start around 90 or so and end around 130 at the big end.
thebeast916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
blufin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
Floor mats? I had the same issue while logging. Floor may wasn't letting me go to the floor.
Not an issue anymore.

I go to pbir all the time. Track prep is not the best. It's decent.
I'll be there soon to test my new setup. Also, those Iats are high just idling if you went at night.
Did you let it cool down, hood open?
I normally start around 90 or so and end around 130 at the big end.
I'm gonna pull my floor mat out the next time at PBIR.

I was idling in line for awhile cuz I was setting up the computer for datalogging had to have the car running. I was also hotlapping as it was crappy weather and the lanes were nearly empty. I can't wait for the weather to break.

Shoot me a pm when you go, I'd like to see your car run.

BTW Ted, I installed your new tune and the car seems to run a little cooler. Thanks.
Sold