Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 03-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #29
bisel
Banned

Drives: blue
Hmmm ... I am skeptical that with a $5 switch and a wire cutter you are going to be able to do that. But, am curious ... should you actually accomplish that I would love see how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowen89 View Post
Honestly, I think I'll just spend $5 and splice a single wire and get three way control.
bisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #30
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I'm willing to pay the extra $$ for a quality unit that is 3way and is completely reversible to factory with no wire splicing. I'd be willing to go $170.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #31
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
Hmmm ... I am skeptical that with a $5 switch and a wire cutter you are going to be able to do that. But, am curious ... should you actually accomplish that I would love see how.
There's a single wire in the system that if you cut it, and wire to a 3 way switch, you can ground it, connect it to original connection, or leave it open. And this will accomplish all possible uses.

The problem with doing this so easily or cheaply is that you have to use an entirely different method to not have to cut wires, etc.

I really don't want to step on the original posters toes since he's trying to sell something here, but I'll link to a different post in a bit that would explain this better.

Here is a link to how you can cut one wire and insert a three way switch to control normal/open/close of flaps: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=79

Last edited by mbowen89; 03-06-2015 at 01:43 PM.
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #32
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Just ordered one.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #33
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Hi Mbowen89,

I see what you are trying to do. That may work. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

I have to step aside on that solution, though. A must have criteria for the Forza Controller has to be 100% plug-and-play. And, 100% reversible. So I have to avoid any situation that would involve cutting and splicing wires ... or doing anything which could jeopardize a car's warranty.

Good luck ... and, please let us know if it works out. You may come on to something that can help all of us.

Steve.

Quote:
There's a single wire in the system that if you cut it, and wire to a 3 way switch, you can ground it, connect it to original connection, or leave it open. And this will accomplish all possible uses.

The problem with doing this so easily or cheaply is that you have to use an entirely different method to not have to cut wires, etc.

I really don't want to step on the original posters toes since he's trying to sell something here, but I'll link to a different post in a bit that would explain this better.

Here is a link to how you can cut one wire and insert a three way switch to control normal/open/close of flaps: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=79
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #34
forzasteve

And I thank you

You should have it Monday or Tuesday.

Regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Just ordered one.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #35
mbowen89

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
Hi Mbowen89,

I see what you are trying to do. That may work. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

I have to step aside on that solution, though. A must have criteria for the Forza Controller has to be 100% plug-and-play. And, 100% reversible. So I have to avoid any situation that would involve cutting and splicing wires ... or doing anything which could jeopardize a car's warranty.

Good luck ... and, please let us know if it works out. You may come on to something that can help all of us.

Steve.
I completely understand that! That's how a professional solution should be done
Old 03-06-2015, 09:36 PM   #36
2NASSTY

Drives: 2014 M6 ZL1
I've been following this thread with interest. I'd be more than willing to pay more $$ for a quality 3-way switch that requires no cutting and slicing.

I've been down that road on modifying previous Rides with Nitrous and other mods. More than done with that. I have a loud combo on my ZL1 that is about to get louder with 2" LTs. Even with the fuse in I'm loud on start-up and idle as a DD. Please keep us posted and thanks for your products.
06' LeMans Blue Metallic Z06, 11.726 at 127.80 MPH Motor - SOLD.
96' Impala SS LTx, 11.397 at 118.10 MPH Motor, 1st stage 10.526 at 127.46 MPH
2NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #37
forzasteve

Nice thing about being retired is that I have time on my hands.

I worked out what it will take to do this. It will require a redesign of the printed circuit board and inclusion of a two-channel RF circuit. I will be working with my supplier to see what the cost will be to do this. If I do decide to go on this, I will probably offer the two models side by side. A 2-way controller at a lower cost point and a 3-way at higher cost point.

Regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NASSTY View Post
I've been following this thread with interest. I'd be more than willing to pay more $$ for a quality 3-way switch that requires no cutting and slicing.

I've been down that road on modifying previous Rides with Nitrous and other mods. More than done with that. I have a loud combo on my ZL1 that is about to get louder with 2" LTs. Even with the fuse in I'm loud on start-up and idle as a DD. Please keep us posted and thanks for your products.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #38
2NASSTY

Drives: 2014 M6 ZL1
Steve, thanks for looking into this and congrats on being retired. I like the way you are presenting both options on your end.

I'm sure you will have buyers here that will want either or. Especially non catted ZL1's with LTs making over 600 rwhp. Please keep us posted.
06' LeMans Blue Metallic Z06, 11.726 at 127.80 MPH Motor - SOLD.
96' Impala SS LTx, 11.397 at 118.10 MPH Motor, 1st stage 10.526 at 127.46 MPH
2NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:27 AM   #39
mbowen89

Steve, how do you plan on forcing it closed? The only way to force the relay closed is to ground one side of the relay, overriding the ECM control of grounding, closing the relay. Unless you remove the relay and intervene that way, you can't force the ground on the relay closing it without cutting a wire, that I can see.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #40
forzasteve

Quote:
Steve, how do you plan on forcing it closed? The only way to force the relay closed is to ground one side of the relay, overriding the ECM control of grounding, closing the relay. Unless you remove the relay and intervene that way, you can't force the ground on the relay closing it without cutting a wire, that I can see.
Ahh, you ask how to force them closed. I would love to go into the details, but to do so would be disclosing a method that gives me a trade advantage. I do not know anyone else who has "discovered" how to do this and remain entirely plug and play without wire splicing / cutting.

I have tested this method and it will work just fine. The downside is that the cost will go up as it will require a more complex circuit board and some different components than the 2-way controller.

If I decide to do this, I would disclose how it is done ... but only after I am able to protect the design with a patent application.

Thanks for you interest ... I will keep you all posted.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 03-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #41
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
forzasteve. I'd pay for a 3 way switch controller option.
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #42
mbowen89

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
Ahh, you ask how to force them closed. I would love to go into the details, but to do so would be disclosing a method that gives me a trade advantage. I do not know anyone else who has "discovered" how to do this and remain entirely plug and play without wire splicing / cutting.

I have tested this method and it will work just fine. The downside is that the cost will go up as it will require a more complex circuit board and some different components than the 2-way controller.

If I decide to do this, I would disclose how it is done ... but only after I am able to protect the design with a patent application.

Thanks for you interest ... I will keep you all posted.

Best regards,

Steve
I understand. Good luck!