Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
z/28 dreamer

Drives: 2015 z/28
Add Deleted

Keeping for now: ADD DELETED!

Last edited by z/28 dreamer; 07-20-2020 at 11:10 AM.
z/28 dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
When you bought this car I was looking at it as well. Very nice car - well bought by you - hope it finds a good home!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
BAN ONE LS7

Drives: 2014 SIM NON AC
Quote:
Originally Posted by z/28 dreamer View Post
2015 z/28 Red Hot with a/c & stereo
2003 miles
$ 55K
Located in Salt Lake City, UT

Time has come to part ways with my baby... Going to focus on off-road again for a while. Figured i would post here first and give someone the opportunity to get a SUPER CLEAN, like new, low mileage Z that knows what they are looking at.

Story of the car:
Originally purchased in California, original owner drove it 541 miles only taking it to local car shows and like events.. Sold the car to a gentleman in Wyoming (was transported via enclosed trailer) Car then sat in an airport hanger and was driven 40 miles in his almost 2 years of possession. I then purchased it Sept of 2019 and the car was delivered with 581 miles.I only take it out on weekends and to car events as well. Has never seen rain and has been garaged it's entire life. Car has never been tracked or abused. Car is in EXCELLENT condition and like NEW interior!

I have all the original paperwork for the car, window sticker, Certificate of Authenticity, yellow spring spacers that the car was delivered with. Ect..

Currently has 2003 miles, car was bone stock when purchased by me with the original Trofeos still on it. I had Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 305 put on it at roughly 600 miles (receipt has exact mileage).Rear diff fluid change @1500 miles and oil changed at the same time.

I have done the following:
-zl1 addons jack pads
-zl1 addons premium rock guards
-Lloyds full set floor mats and trunk mat
-Kicker audio upgrade from GM (all factory plug and play)
-Covercraft dustop car cover
-window tint done by original owner (excellent tint job)
-also have brand new fuel rail covers (letters are flaking on originals)

Can provide more pictures upon request

Please feel free to contact me with any questions
Tyson 801-eight-four-two-5985
Very new car , GLWS. !! Fastest color !!

Last edited by BAN ONE LS7; 07-07-2020 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Update
BAN ONE LS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
z/28 dreamer

Drives: 2015 z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
When you bought this car I was looking at it as well. Very nice car - well bought by you - hope it finds a good home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN ONE LS7 View Post
Very new car , GLWS. !! Fastest color !!
Thanks guys! I'm really on the fence about this decision. I do not need to sell it, and honestly i only see these going up in value over the next few years. We all know how hard it is to find a low mileage example. But i live out in the sticks, every time i take it out, i put a minimum of 75-95 miles per trip. I know it was meant to be driven, and i do love driving it. But i also love the collectible aspect of the car as well. The more miles the less $ imo. What's a guy to do!?!?
z/28 dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by z/28 dreamer View Post
What's a guy to do!?!?
Simple. Keep it. You'll probably never have this dilemma/opportunity again.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #6
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
If I ever were to sell it would be because I’m a bit tired of the car. I’m not too worried about the value of these going up. As awesome as these machines are they are meant for a very small market. I’d hate to sit on a car hoping I can cash it out one day. I’ll just drive it and if I ever reach boredom it will be gone.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:41 PM   #7
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
If I ever were to sell it would be because I’m a bit tired of the car. I’m not too worried about the value of these going up. As awesome as these machines are they are meant for a very small market. I’d hate to sit on a car hoping I can cash it out one day. I’ll just drive it and if I ever reach boredom it will be gone.
Agree - I bought it to enjoy it - for me that means driving it, if the value goes down, so be it, cause I got to enjoy it by driving it. It is a great driver's car, but only if your driving it!

I know others may just enjoy looking at it and collecting it and if that is your thing, more power to you - I say put it in a bubble, there are very few and one day you will be rewarded.

And if you are not with a value increase, well then those that loved driving our cars, will be happy to find a low mile one to start the process all over again.

Of all the cars I have owned there are only two I regret selling, my 2004 GT2 and my 98 - 993 Cup Car. There were others I sold, if I held would have been worth more now than then, but each one led to another great experience and car to drive. Those two were very special driving cars and will be missed and are now stupid expensive, so not likely to be replaced anytime soon.

The Z is special, in the same way to me, so for me its a keeper, and I am not a collector.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #8
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Another strategy to ponder: If you keep it for 20 years, enjoy it and still have only 40-50,000 well maintained miles on it my guess is it will still be very valuable. Kinda my plan at this time. The best 'o both worlds.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:07 AM   #9
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Came very close to buying this car from the original owner three years ago. Super late production, and every stitch of documentation!
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote