Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #211
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Hey saw this on Wed night at my cruise night thought you would like it.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1529670335
I love it, but i would really love the 57 olds 88 behind it. Beautiful cars that you dont see that often.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:15 AM   #212
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Yes your feelings get hurt.....you may have to get your head read now that the newly released Blazer is being compared to the 6th gen in the looks department.. ...Camaro suv.....nice.
I been driving a Blazer for 18 years ,its my daily driver and love it ,but i would much rather have the new one look like my Camaro then my old Blazer . I will be in line for the Blazer when sales start. I am sure many people on both sides will have there panties in a twist and i look forward to the stupid talk that will come from it . Only thing i'm thinking about is what color i will get.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:05 AM   #213
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Been reading this thread for days now and my side hurts from laughing so much. I am an old fart that has been thru the 60's muscle car days and some things just don't change.

There were the same arguments going on then about which car had the better looks, power and handling. Then it was off to the streets to prove your point, ahhhh...... the good old days.

Now days, the rants on what's best is done mostly on the keyboard where people can hide. Some of the rants are really quite amusing but, they get the responses they need to keep it going.

Now a little of my rant. Being an old muscle head car guy that has gone thru the classic car journey, I have come full circle to embrace the new tech. I wanted the best tech while getting the muscle I needed to feed my desire for power. I got everything I needed with this modded Z/28 and can't really see any need for more.

You can talk about the styling of cars till the cows come home but, in the end it's all subjective. Power and handling is more objective and can be tested.

So, to that end I hereby claim I have the best Camaro Z/28.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #214
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Everyone knows the 5th gen camaro in black is the fastest,best looking too
Old 06-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #215
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Everyone knows the 5th gen camaro in black is the fastest,best looking too

+1
Old 06-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #216
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I love it, but i would really love the 57 olds 88 behind it. Beautiful cars that you dont see that often.
You have a good eye. The owner of that car has a buddy with the exact car. But its a Nascar version of some sort it says on the info board. Hi po motor...different rims and a great stance. Ill google the car for better info...its also autographed by a famous driver that I don't recall If I see it I will pm you some pics..the car is ultra rare. I'm thinking Richard Petty.

Last edited by rontammy0; 06-23-2018 at 08:22 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #217
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I can't take all the hate for the 2019 refresh crap over there ,it really got old ,i mean to a point of stupid . I don't hate the 5th gen at all i just place it at a different level in the Camaro world then most here . And more importantly 5th Gen forum has rontammy0 ,that alone is worth the price of admission.
Yeah, but that '19 SS refresh is pretty nasty. The frontend now looks like it belongs on a crossover or truck. GM could have done much better than that.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #218
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Yeah, but that '19 SS refresh is pretty nasty. The frontend now looks like it belongs on a crossover or truck. GM could have done much better than that.
well,its gonna be on the new blazer too.corporate identity?
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #219
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
They all can't look as perfect as a 70 RS/SS, i think the refresh will go over just fine once they hit the streets . Never will there be a Camaro that pleases every fan so if people don't like them oh well there is always Mustang , and they are very popular i hear .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #220
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
You have a good eye. The owner of that car has a buddy with the exact car. But its a Nascar version of some sort it says on the info board. Hi po motor...different rims and a great stance. Ill google the car for better info...its also autographed by a famous driver that I don't recall If I see it I will pm you some pics..the car is ultra rare. I'm thinking Richard Petty.
It probably has the J-2, which was 3x 2 barrel carbs. My father restored Oldsmobile’s and our 1955 Super 88 Holiday 2dr hardtop was a National award winner.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #221
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
It probably has the J-2, which was 3x 2 barrel carbs. My father restored Oldsmobile’s and our 1955 Super 88 Holiday 2dr hardtop was a National award winner.
Ya maybe...it had the breather going diagonally across the intake.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #222
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I have thought about long term cost and i'm more worried about the mag shocks then anything else . I just hope all this newer tech will just be old school in years to come , and it will be , and not break the bank.
Replacement mag shocks are already expensive.

I see all this newer tech ending up just like modern Corvettes, where the only replacement parts you'll find are from a junkyard. So many electronic pieces are obsolete for 1997-2000; TPMS, EBCM, SWPS, etc are stupid expensive if you can find them
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #223
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
well,its gonna be on the new blazer too.corporate identity?
Look closer though. They placed the bowtie emblem closer to the grill area not down below on the bumper. The front end on the Blazer actually looks better than what they did to the Camaro.

You know, perhaps somebody screwed up at GM? They accidentally put the Blazer front end on the Camaro and the Camaro front end on the Blazer. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #224
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Look closer though. They placed the bowtie emblem closer to the grill area not down below on the bumper. The front end on the Blazer actually looks better than what they did to the Camaro.

You know, perhaps somebody screwed up at GM? They accidentally put the Blazer front end on the Camaro and the Camaro front end on the Blazer. lol!