Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #253
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It's irrelevant anyway, because he's attempting to make a point that the Vega and/or Monza being similar in appearance to the Camaro, makes it acceptable for the 6th generation to appear similar to the Camry - a comparison which he made.
The more we feed the troll, the more he'll continue with his failed assessments.

Go look at the first response to the OP question , its ok to talk down about the 6th Gen at every chance but when it turns, you want out . I didn't start the negativity ,i'm just giving another point of view . And i'm sure there are many people here that didn't know how similar the fronts were on the 72 Camaro and Vega , i thought i had a good response to the corporate look myself .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #254
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
No, you're thinking of the Chevy Monza for '75. They were based on the Vega platform and came with the 350 V8 in CA and high altitude areas only. The only year it had the 350.
No ,i meant to add a link to show the front of the vega but it didn't work . check out the car in the link , i doubt its a production V8 but its a V8 https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...vega/100953698
Old 06-24-2018, 05:02 PM   #255
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I don`t know about the troll part but he probably should spend more time updating his "View My Garage" than making comparison of different looks.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/camar...=view&id=19251
Yeah , that wouldn't be a bad idea . I have some pictures of my IFO 2010 SS i wanted to add also. Thanks for the reminder .
Old 06-24-2018, 05:06 PM   #256
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I don`t know about the troll part but he probably should spend more time updating his "View My Garage" than making comparison of different looks.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/camar...=view&id=19251
It reaffirms my previous statement about him having sacrificed appearance for performance & seeking self-validation through disparaging comments here about the 5th generation. Otherwise, he would be on the 6th generation forum with similarly minded individuals.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:20 PM   #257
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Not exactly , the 6th Gen has a similar shape grille and stops there . The 5th gen has the look of the 69 all over ,front to rear ,right down to the those rock catching gills , just puffed up . Like a cartoon version of the 69 .
this is really weird because i have to look twice to determine 5th gen or 6th,although the 6th is 7/8 scale...it of reminds me of rontammys venture into the 6th gen forums,but that didnt end well.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:52 PM   #258
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Go look at the first response to the OP question , its ok to talk down about the 6th Gen at every chance but when it turns, you want out .

That was me & I slammed both gens calling the 5th slow. Hardly a glowing endorsement. As I had explained later it was a smarta$$ response to what I felt was just a flamebait thread. Which this is as the OP has scarcely been back. If he was that interested in the discussion he would have contributed more. He also doesn't own a Camaro which is why I think its flamebait even more so.

So I never talked down to the 6th in that post I talked down to both
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:56 PM   #259
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
That was me & I slammed both gens calling the 5th slow. Hardly a glowing endorsement. As I had explained later it was a smarta$$ response to what I felt was just a flamebait thread. Which this is as the OP has scarcely been back. If he was that interested in the discussion he would have contributed more. He also doesn't own a Camaro which is why I think its flamebait even more so.

Love your car, it looks so much better than those ugly 6th Gens. If this discussion doesn't go my way I don't want out.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #260
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
The topic here i was commenting on from the OP was 5th Gen or 6th Gen ,right ? Does that mean i can't talk about the pluses and minuses of each even tho that was the subject ? Since i have owned two 5th Gens and now own a 6th Gen, i think i have plenty to say about which i feel is the better Camaro just as much as the 5th Gen owner that feels the 6th Gen is ugly and not popular . Only difference is i'm not going to get my feelings hurt .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It reaffirms my previous statement about him having sacrificed appearance for performance & seeking self-validation through disparaging comments here about the 5th generation. Otherwise, he would be on the 6th generation forum with similarly minded individuals.
Yeah that sounds like i'm the one that needs validation . In case you missed the question i asked you before i added again for you . This is about 5th Gen or 6th Gen right ?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #261
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post

It probably was flame bait but the 5th Gen or 6th Gen subject is a really good debate and will be for many years , and its all not going to be pretty but in the end we are all talking about Camaros . I just don't take it as personal like many people do and start calling foul .
Old 06-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #262
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
It probably was flame bait but the 5th Gen or 6th Gen subject is a really good debate and will be for many years , and its all not going to be pretty but in the end we are all talking about Camaros . I just don't take it as personal like many people do and start calling foul .
Yes you do.....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #263
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK141SS View Post
Love your car, it looks so much better than those ugly 6th Gens. If this discussion doesn't go my way I don't want out.
Ok so you think the 6th Gens are ugly yet other talk how much they look like the 5th Gens , How does that make sense ? I would have to think they mean the front of the 6th and front of the 14/15 5th gens .
Old 06-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #264
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:

Fair point I don't take it to heart either. We are all car guys who voted their choice with their wallets for their own reasons. I wonder if people on the Prius forums have these types of heated debates over model changes LOL.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #265
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Yes you do.....
Because i'm always up for a good debate?
Old 06-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #266
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Ok so you think the 6th Gens are ugly yet other talk how much they look like the 5th Gens , How does that make sense ? I would have to think they mean the front of the 6th and front of the 14/15 5th gens .
Where does a 6th Gen look like a 5th Gen? The out of place gas cap in front of the rear wheel, the chopped off rear bumper, the shrunken raised quarter window, the crease happy hood? We should start a thread and have a debate on this important subject.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote