Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #3767
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Just learned that yesterday our POS Governor against the state of Md proposed the toughest gun laws in the land. What a complete Douche. Boy I wish I could sell my house and get the F outta here.
I guess we can forget about that CCW that was suppose to pass earlier this year huh.... I wonder how these laws are gonna affect individuals who already have legal "Assault Weapons" registered.... BTW the term Assault Weapon is way over blown.

Just read an article on that... He wants to expel the sell of AR's and he wants fingerprints for all registered gun owners which is a waste of money. He also wants magazine's to be limited to 10rd which is already the case on Rifle sales in MD... again dumb. I simply went on ebay and picked up a few 60 rd. surefires. What us Marylanders need to be afraid of is it states he was sitting next to Bloomberg during this hearing.... Thats the scary part.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #3768
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
They are talking about passing a law in Texas to ban the implementation of any federal ban here. Also, one Congressman from here is talking impeachment if Obama uses executive powers. GOD BLESS TEXAS!
Yeah actually Wyoming was the first to state that plan last week. Also recognizing any other state that follows that plan
Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #3769
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Does anyone know where I can get some 12 gauge 2 1/2 in shells from a 65 year old Husqvarna side by side I just bought? I have only found one place and they are pricey.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #3770
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
I guess we can forget about that CCW that was suppose to pass earlier this year huh.... I wonder how these laws are gonna affect individuals who already have legal "Assault Weapons" registered.... BTW the term Assault Weapon is way over blown.

Just read an article on that... He wants to expel the sell of AR's and he wants fingerprints for all registered gun owners which is a waste of money. He also wants magazine's to be limited to 10rd which is already the case on Rifle sales in MD... again dumb. I simply went on ebay and picked up a few 60 rd. surefires. What us Marylanders need to be afraid of is it states he was sitting next to Bloomberg during this hearing.... Thats the scary part.

I dont think it has anything to do with the CCW. Thats already in the courts and I will say probably end up in the supreme court at some point. Yea I hate living in Communist Md. Its rediculous what all hes proposing. Guess if anything Ill just go to Pa to get what I need, as long as they dont follow in the same path.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #3771
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Just learned that yesterday our POS Governor against the state of Md proposed the toughest gun laws in the land. What a complete Douche. Boy I wish I could sell my house and get the F outta here.
It's like there is a damn competition from different state governers to see who can violate 2A the most

I have a feeling a lot of gun owners will be looking for jobs elsewhere, and losing a lot of weapons in boating accidents while camping.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #3772
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Bill called 'toughest gun control package in the nation' passed by New York Senate

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ew-york-state/

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #3773
GaBoy25

President Obama is weighing as many as 19 different gun control measures that he could take without congressional approval, as he prepares to unveil a comprehensive plan to address gun violence amid claims from Republicans that he's overstepping his bounds.
The president could reveal the details of that plan as early as Wednesday. During the final press conference of his first term, Obama said Monday that he will "vigorously pursue" the recommendations.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2I3sJj3fL

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #3774
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #3775
kalimus

I, for one am hoping two things:

1) That some of the analysis is right, and none of this nonsense will be able to be pushed through Congress

2) That this whole batch of proposals (supported MOSTLY by democrats) will backfire and some dems will get voted out of office, hopefully replaced with people who support our rights. It happened after the first AW ban...

I hate feeling like very few people in the country are batting for us gun owners right now, and that many of the ones that are sound like a bunch of belligerant fools.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #3776
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Or they sound like conspiracy theory nutjobs.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #3777
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Or they sound like conspiracy theory nutjobs.
Truth.

I saw this today, was kind of funny. It's about banning "assault cars".

- Limit gas tank capacity to 5 galls (Seriously, there are gas stations every 30 miles, who needs a 20 gallon tank)
- Require a criminal background check for vehicle purchase (Do we REALLY need crazy people behind the wheel of a 2 ton 60 MPH death machine?).
- If a criminal steals your car, you should be liable for the damage they cause!!
- Require a criminal background check or permit for fuel purchase (We need to control WHO and HOW much fuel drivers use!
- Limit engine power to 65HP (Do we REALLY need to go more than 55 MPH? Not to mention its more fuel economical!!)
-Distinguish between the regular folks with manual transmission vehicles and the lunatic fringe who typically operate vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and evil features such as cruise control. Everyone knows car crashes are more fatal when automatic transmission vehicles are involved.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #3778
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Truth.

I saw this today, was kind of funny. It's about banning "assault cars".

- Limit gas tank capacity to 5 galls (Seriously, there are gas stations every 30 miles, who needs a 20 gallon tank)
- Require a criminal background check for vehicle purchase (Do we REALLY need crazy people behind the wheel of a 2 ton 60 MPH death machine?).
- If a criminal steals your car, you should be liable for the damage they cause!!
- Require a criminal background check or permit for fuel purchase (We need to control WHO and HOW much fuel drivers use!
- Limit engine power to 65HP (Do we REALLY need to go more than 55 MPH? Not to mention its more fuel economical!!)
-Distinguish between the regular folks with manual transmission vehicles and the lunatic fringe who typically operate vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and evil features such as cruise control. Everyone knows car crashes are more fatal when automatic transmission vehicles are involved.

Good chit

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #3779
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
If you guys need to get rid of your AR's, us Canadians can use a few. Hahahahaha.....
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #3780
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Canadians can already get the Tavor, can't they?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun