Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #71
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
I've very lucky, my daily driver is a Silverado that my company provides for me. Mine is a 2014, we get new trucks about every 3-4 years so I'm due at some point but I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's a 4x4 as well and they let us treat is as if it is our own. So, my 2SS although 18 months old only has 4K miles on it. Sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. I got my check for the ceramic coating today, I'll get that done next week. The only thing left to do now is the diminished valve claim which I'm told will be a battle. I hope you're better than new soon.
Thanks again! Must be nice to get a replacement every 3-4 years. Not so for me or others in similar position. But, at least others get new every year or two and you can probably imagine why. For me, I don’t care how old the Crown Vic P.I. is, I just ask, no NEED, it to be reliable and safe. I’ve treated it as my own and tried hard to keep it maintained, not abused, and looking as best as possible. Even spent $350 for a high-end detail once to spruce it up. Oh well, I digress. I can’t wait to get the replacement Tahoe PPV. Thanks again! ��
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #72
HYPER1LE

FINALLY...GREAT NEWS!!! I finally got the HYPR1LE back today. And it looks fantastic! I’m really nit-picky about repairs like this being done to factory specs, fit and finish (panel alignment and uniform gap) and the finish is spot on with the rest of the car that didn’t see any repaint. I only found one thing (slight overspray on the trailing side of the driver’s door and it was corrected on the spot right in front of me in minutes. Other than that, there is absolutely no paint imperfections that I could see or feel, no tape off lines, nothing. I’ll give the detail to clean it up 95%, especially with how dirty it looked inside and under the hood. All in all, great job by Jim Ellis Collision Center. If you live in the Atlanta area and want results like what they achieved, I highly recommend them. Now, yes, I understand it’s been 88 days since the collisiion and getting it back but for the results Inexpected Inwasbwilling to be patient so it could be done right. Objective achieved! Final estimated cost (before diminished value) surpasses $13,000! Yikes!

I wanted to upload some photos of it as delivered but thunderstorms prevented me from doing that. So, in the photos it’s still a drizzle and after driving it some. As for the wheel repair, it did require dismount from car and a complete repaint. Best I can tell, for now, appears spot on. After picking it up, I stopped by Gran Turismo East to confirm my Monday appointment. To my surprise, which was at their closing time, Kieran insisted on putting it on the alignment rack to check that. So, the track alignmemt was dialed in. I’ll go back on Monday for DOT4 brake fluid and to have one of the front tires on my OEM set of wheels and tires remounted...correctly! Didn’t expect the factory to have mounted one inside out. I only caught it myself, odd as that may be, when Inchanged our to the 2nd set (on car now) back in that late fall.

Tomorrow evening she’ll be appraised for DV. He had already told me based on review of estimates and photos, before, during, and after repairs it will be sizable. Will have to wait and see what that amounts to. Coming up...Saturday, oil change and rear diff fluid change at Hendrick (1 of 6 free I got when I purchased the car - already used the 2 from Chevrolet). Then, swap out the all-season set with the OEM set back home. Sunday, Caffiene and Octane at Perimeter Mall. Monday, back to Gran Turismo East. Then, she’ll be ready for CamaroFest! Man, feels so good to have her back!
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #73
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Looks good, glad you are happy with the work.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #74
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Good to hear!
Bet it felt more like 88 weeks.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #75
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Looks good, glad you are happy with the work.
Thank you ��
Old 06-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #76
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Good to hear!
Bet it felt more like 88 weeks.
Thank you ��. Pretty much. And I was beginning to worry if I would have needed time available to prepare for CamaroFest. As it is right now, with my available time from work, just enough to feel comfortable about it.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #77
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Hey HYPER1LE, So glad all is well. Hated to hear of the accident. Did you purchase your car form Hendrick? If so, which one and can you recommend a salesperson? Also, did you purchase your 19inchers around Atlanta or did you buy on line. If you bought local, I would be interested to know where you bought those.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:29 PM   #78
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
Hey HYPER1LE, So glad all is well. Hated to hear of the accident. Did you purchase your car form Hendrick? If so, which one and can you recommend a salesperson? Also, did you purchase your 19inchers around Atlanta or did you buy on line. If you bought local, I would be interested to know where you bought those.
Hey GAOLDGUY,

I purchased it from Rick Hendrick of Duluth. My salesperson was Jose Mendez. But, my car wasn’t on their lot (I didn’t order it). But, on the other hand, I kind of, sort of did. I told Jose I am looking for an SS 1LE in Hyper Blue, with PDR, and 1LE hash Mark as options. He asked back, “Does it have to be blue?” My response, “It can only be blue and must have those options.” Also, he asked me if Inhad driven one or wanted to test drive one. I replied, “Nope. Not necessary. Randy Pobst (Motor Trend) has already sold me on the car. That was 3/4/17. I took delivery on 3/8/17 with 11 miles on the odometer. Build date was 2/2/17. Apparently only 1 test drive. It came from Jon Hall Chevrolet in Daytona Beach, FL. Hendrick did a dealer-trade for it using a white 6-speed ZL1 they had. A transporter trailered the ZL1 down to Daytona Beach and trailered mine back at no charge. How sweet is that?! If you go there and see Jose, please mention me. I’m not advertising business for him or Hendrick, but as is typical if you buy a vehicle from them ��
Old 06-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #79
GAOLDGUY

Hey, HYPER1LE,

I may go by there. I really want blue. They have an impressive number of 1LEs but none of them are blue. Do you mind me asking if you got a good deal? Also, I purchased a set of tires from Gran Turismo when I was driving an 85 GT long ago. There was a guy there named Harris Conner that seemed to be quite the tire guru.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #80
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Oh, about the wheels:

MRR M716; fronts 19x10, rears 19x11, standard Camaro offsets; tires Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, all 4 size 285/35ZR19. That’s why the rear tire sidewalks are stretched but within tire specs for wheels 9.5-11 inches wide. I did this on purpose for 2 reasons: 1) ability to rotate tires (requires dismount/remount) and 2) I foresee using wheels in the future going to dedicated track set with R compound tires. Overall diameter is nearly same as stock so as not to have more than 1-2 mph speedometer variable. I purchased from Paul of PK Auto Design in Sylmar, CA (see website). Call him and let him know you’re Camaro6 member and learned about him here. He’s a sponsor/vendor on here too. He was great to do business with. Wheels came with tires already mounted and balanced with TMPS (extra cost option). A really good price and free shipping. He’ll give you a quote for whatever you choose.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 PM   #81
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Hey, HYPER1LE,

I may go by there. I really want blue. They have an impressive number of 1LEs but none of them are blue. Do you mind me asking if you got a good deal? Also, I purchased a set of tires from Gran Turismo when I was driving an 85 GT long ago. There was a guy there named Harris Conner that seemed to be quite the tire guru.
At Gran Turismo, I’m learning their names but they are so nice and already treating me like family. I guess I gained some fans, and certainly a friend in Keiran the owner, with my win in the Atlanta Top Cop Challenge autocross event they sponsored. He got a kick out of me chasing him through the course: him modded Fox-body Mustang - me, Chevrolet Caprice PPV. Now, they’re inviting me to another event at Charlotte Motor Speedway July 28th, but with my own car this time ��.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:54 PM   #82
GAOLDGUY

Thanks for all the information and congrats on the win! Also, thank you for serving if you are affiliated with law enforcement in any capacity.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:00 PM   #83
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Thanks for all the information and congrats on the win! Also, thank you for serving if you are affiliated with law enforcement in any capacity.
Thank you sir. I really appreciate it! ��
Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 PM   #84
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Great news and just in time... congrats. Let's hope the DV process is painless.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, camaro, crash, damage