Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
Problems With Comfort Inn Suites

Hello All- Just wanted to let anyone that is still looking for rooms please choose ANYWHERE else but Comfort Inn Suites! One of our club members booked three rooms back when the hotels were listed. Two of our members at the end of march found out they couldn't make it. The rooms were cancelled April 1st. Upon arrival our member was advised by the staff that he would be charged for all three rooms, OVER $1,000 ! There is even paperwork that said you may cancel up to 6PM tonight. The staff, including the manager, "Manisha Gahndi" was rude. I even tried speaking with Mrs. Gahndi but she finally said she would just cancel all three reservations and not even stay there. I asked for a printout that all three rooms were cancelled, she refused. I asked if there was a corporate telephone number to speak with someone, she said there was not. She then directed us to leave the property. No issue we booked rooms at the Hampton Inn next door. Sorry for the rant, but this event is bringing in big money, and if you can spend yours elsewhere please do.
Thank you all, Now let's have fun at the 'Fest!
Darren Onwiler
President, Southern Illinois Camaro Club
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
We just checked in at Comfort Suites. Went smoothly. Sorry to hear you guys had a bad experience :( hope the rest of the Fest is fun!
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow, thats shady...
Old 05-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Thanks for the heads up. I had a room at Comfort Suites that I cancelled on 4-4-14. Now I gotta make sure it actually was!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Gotta be better than quality inn. Worst $90 room I've ever stayed in. "Quality" is right there in the name. How could it go this wrong?!
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
ErichSS

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Gotta be better than quality inn. Worst $90 room I've ever stayed in. "Quality" is right there in the name. How could it go this wrong?!
Kind of ironic since Quality Inn and Comfort Inn are both part of the same hotel group, Choice Hotels. lol
ErichSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Be thankful....I'm at Motel 6.....checked in and phone wasn't working, Internet wasn't working, window was broken, and all ice makers in a 5 mile radius have out of order signs.....Got everything but the ice makers fixed. Oh well, it ain't fancy but the sheets are clean.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottie View Post
Hello All- Just wanted to let anyone that is still looking for rooms please choose ANYWHERE else but Comfort Inn Suites! One of our club members booked three rooms back when the hotels were listed. Two of our members at the end of march found out they couldn't make it. The rooms were cancelled April 1st. Upon arrival our member was advised by the staff that he would be charged for all three rooms, OVER $1,000 ! There is even paperwork that said you may cancel up to 6PM tonight. The staff, including the manager, "Manisha Gahndi" was rude. I even tried speaking with Mrs. Gahndi but she finally said she would just cancel all three reservations and not even stay there. I asked for a printout that all three rooms were cancelled, she refused. I asked if there was a corporate telephone number to speak with someone, she said there was not. She then directed us to leave the property. No issue we booked rooms at the Hampton Inn next door. Sorry for the rant, but this event is bringing in big money, and if you can spend yours elsewhere please do.
Thank you all, Now let's have fun at the 'Fest!
Darren Onwiler
President, Southern Illinois Camaro Club

I hear you brother. I called last week to cancel at CS. My email confirmation said I had until 6pm day of arrival to call it off. Woman on the phone said I COULDN'T cancel, said my credit card had already been charged! That was because I checked the balance on line. I asked for the corporate number and to talk to a supervisor. That was a joke in itself. They were jerking my chain, so I to them and told her I had a death in the family. Out of the kindness of her heart she let me cancel! Weeeeeee!
Good thing we weren't in the same room!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
The host hotel in Indy was great. Just sayin'.

Have a great Fest!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #10
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Hmmm...we are also staying at the Comfort Suites. No issues at check in and as a matter of fact, one of our members had the room booked for $121 a night, and they adjusted her room to match the group rate of $99 a night, so they're not all bad. sorry you had a bad experience!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
Hmmm...we are also staying at the Comfort Suites. No issues at check in and as a matter of fact, one of our members had the room booked for $121 a night, and they adjusted her room to match the group rate of $99 a night, so they're not all bad. sorry you had a bad experience!
I hope you have a great Cfest acatlover13! Sounds like COMFORT SUITES only gets mean when they AREN'T gonna get your money.

Tags
camaro5 fest, comfort inn suites, hotel, reservations