Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
air bag sensor

So im not sure hot tofigure out which air bag sensor is kicking a message on my display...2012 ss and its beenthis way for a while...got rain in the car one day and had this issue since...well i figured removing the bad circuit might make it go away that way id know which sensor to replace...so i removed the passenger seat (thought it was that one because im having issues with passenger airbag light on mirror) well i unplugged and removed the seat and clicked the key forward to still find the same issue...so i removed the driver seat and clicked the key...still have warning on display...can anyone pitch me some ideas before i lose my mind...i dont wanna start replacing every sensor just to find that 1
Old 03-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Reineke

Drives: 2010 SW Camaro 2SS RS 6M
Pay to get it scanned. The dealer if you have to. Better than losing your mind or shot-gunning parts. Some mechanics in my area offer free scanning, so it may pay to call around.
Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:35 PM   #3
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
So im not sure hot tofigure out which air bag sensor is kicking a message on my display...2012 ss and its beenthis way for a while...got rain in the car one day and had this issue since...well i figured removing the bad circuit might make it go away that way id know which sensor to replace...so i removed the passenger seat (thought it was that one because im having issues with passenger airbag light on mirror) well i unplugged and removed the seat and clicked the key forward to still find the same issue...so i removed the driver seat and clicked the key...still have warning on display...can anyone pitch me some ideas before i lose my mind...i dont wanna start replacing every sensor just to find that 1
It doesn't work like that. The only way to make the light go out is to fix it. Pulling different components will only cause more codes to set. So now you have more codes set then what was first there. You will need to have the codes cleared and see what resets.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
It doesn't work like that. The only way to make the light go out is to fix it. Pulling different components will only cause more codes to set. So now you have more codes set then what was first there. You will need to have the codes cleared and see what resets.
Do you happen to know whether it is standard to be charge to re-zero the airbags at a dealership?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #5
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
There is a tendency with GM to look first at the plug under the passenger seat and see if it got upset, possibly by someone vacuuming under the seat, sometimes the wire needs to be pushed back into the connector firmly and the light will go off after you recycle the key a few times. I have had that issue in a few GM cars now. On some other GM's it's a Blue Connector, not sure what color it is on the Camaro.

Last edited by lawdog; 03-21-2015 at 07:40 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Do you happen to know whether it is standard to be charge to re-zero the airbags at a dealership?
Unless the service adviser does it for free normally if a service order is made then there is a charge. Some techs may not charge but that's up to them as almost all techs are flat rate paid.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote