Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Great job Ruby!

Your mods look great...I'd like to do more of the same to my engine.

I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about, but give your car some time on the road before you begin to pass judgement on the performance. When I installed my black Ice intake I monitored my long term fuel trims immediately afterwards and I could tell the computer was attempting to relearn the airflow as it went from positive, to negative and finally settled back to near 0. This took at least 50 or so miles I'd say, of regular driving...I didn't really get on it a lot during the relearn.

One other thing in case you haven't already thought of it. After driving the car a time or two, and when the car is completely cooled down (like sitting overnight) recheck the torque on your intake manifold bolts. Make sure they are 18ft lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very good information.
I will second those comments. I found mine were a touch loose. I have re-torqued them twice now. Should probably do it again over the winter to check again.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
When I installed my black Ice intake I monitored my long term fuel trims immediately afterwards and I could tell the computer was attempting to relearn the airflow as it went from positive, to negative and finally settled back to near 0. This took at least 50 or so miles I'd say, of regular driving...I didn't really get on it a lot during the relearn.

Okay guys. Remember, you are still dealing with a newby when it comes to stuff like this. Please translate into newby English. And be advised that I need to be ready for our club drag race event next Saturday. Guidance Please. I can drive her a little each evening after I get home from work and for sure I don't want to mess anything up but.................I'd sure like to be able to race her on Saturday. So..............tell me what all that means & what I need to do.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
^ I noticed a week or so after torquing my bolts, my trims at idle were a little high so I re tightened them and everything was fine
Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
When I installed my black Ice intake I monitored my long term fuel trims immediately afterwards and I could tell the computer was attempting to relearn the airflow as it went from positive, to negative and finally settled back to near 0. This took at least 50 or so miles I'd say, of regular driving...I didn't really get on it a lot during the relearn.

Okay guys. Remember, you are still dealing with a newby when it comes to stuff like this. Please translate into newby English. And be advised that I need to be ready for our club drag race event next Saturday. Guidance Please. I can drive her a little each evening after I get home from work and for sure I don't want to mess anything up but.................I'd sure like to be able to race her on Saturday. So..............tell me what all that means & what I need to do.

Ruby, it means drive it and enjoy the new found performance. Your computer is going to go thru a re-learn time to get the correct air/fuel ratio balance again.

As for the bolts and re-torque, maybe do them the morning before you go to the track. Just make sure everything is cold and only torque to the specs of 18 ft lbs.

All should be fine.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Put some miles on her this week and re-torque everything when the car is cold before you head to the track.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Yep...as others have said, all I really meant was the car may need to get some miles on it before the full benefits of the ice-olater "settle" in. So that means, just get it out and drive it.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Great job Ruby!!!

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
RubyCamaro
Jan

I can DO That!

I only got to squeeze in a small ride today between rain showers & visiting my Dad bit it felt good. I will take her for a ride every day after work & if need be, heck I'll drive her to work one day. I set the trip odometer so I can monitor how many miles I have put on since the mods. Thanks Guys. You're the best! Especially you Chase.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. In the middle of our modification session we had to stop, capture a snake & relocate him to the wild. He decided to rest right under where we were painting the mainfold. Check out the pic of Mike supergising hte painting & standing guard in case a sibling of the relocated snake came by.
Now here are some more pics:
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Looking good there Ruby!!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
RubyCamaro
Jan

More help arrives; Andy's here. This is the most Camaros there have ever been at my house at once. More pics:
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #25
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I love Karren's footwear.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Looking good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #27
RubyCamaro
Jan

LOL Chase, I thought you were about to comment on her hair. I told her it matched my manifold.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #28
RubyCamaro
Jan

Here is one more short video clip of us re-installing the manifold over the black Iceolator. You have to be careful as the manifold has gasket maker "goop" on it & you have to place the manifold precisely, lining up the bolt holes without moving it around much. I tried to load up some of Andy's pics but I am giving up for the evening. They will have to be re-sized before my computer can upload them to C5.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 11-20-2013 at 09:12 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote