Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #15
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
The 2010 has the older design sway bar/control arm FE3 setup. That's where I would start. At least update to FE4.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398746
Agreed. Change from inferior inboard mounted sway to a much better outboard one. Add some better dampers and cradle bushings. Be a good start.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:20 PM   #16
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Silverado is asking for the 1st Upgrades as he is just getting started in this, not Spend every nickel he has.

Is the FE4 Bar better, yes. But it's not like he doesn't have a swaybar now. A Rear FE4 Bar, LCAs and Endlinks is going be around $800.

I would suggest that Drivers grow into their cars vs trying to wrestle something that is over their head.

As a Driving Instructor with over 30 Years of experience, people need to go to Driving events with their Egos set aside and try to have fun. It can be intimidating and then it can hook you!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #17
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
LCA 2x$40
Sway bar links 2x$20
gm performance suspension bar 1x$122

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-p...omponents-scat

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-p...uspension-scat

plus shipping and maybe sway bar bushings.

I hated the way mine turned until I updated to the FE4.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #18
Silverado60

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
LCA 2x$40
Sway bar links 2x$20
gm performance suspension bar 1x$122

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-p...omponents-scat

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-p...uspension-scat

plus shipping and maybe sway bar bushings.

I hated the way mine turned until I updated to the FE4.
Thanks! That isn’t bad priced!
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Silverado60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:12 AM   #19
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Agree Sorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Silverado is asking for the 1st Upgrades as he is just getting started in this, not Spend every nickel he has.

Is the FE4 Bar better, yes. But it's not like he doesn't have a swaybar now. A Rear FE4 Bar, LCAs and Endlinks is going be around $800.

I would suggest that Drivers grow into their cars vs trying to wrestle something that is over their head.

As a Driving Instructor with over 30 Years of experience, people need to go to Driving events with their Egos set aside and try to have fun. It can be intimidating and then it can hook you!

I agree with you to some degree and not to take away from your experience, but I did a HPDE in a stocker and honestly thought it sucked I knew there was so much more possible, so by adding a good set of sway bars or better brakes I don’t think the OP will be disappointed in his car. Not saying go second mortgage the farm but a 1000 once every 6 months to a year wouldn’t seem unreasonable either.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Not saying go second mortgage the farm but a 1000 once every 6 months to a year wouldn’t seem unreasonable either.
Agreed

Once you get hooked, you will be Spending Benjamins!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #21
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado60 View Post
I'm in central pa near Raystown lake
Which track do you go to? I'm in Johnstown and Pitt Race is my home track. I think I have about 24+ track days there in my '14 1LE.

-Solid Cradle mounts are a great upgrade, go solid for sure, I did the AFE/Pfadt. But you can wait to do these after you, the driver, get better.

-Your 2010 will benefit from some simple mods. Matching anti-roll bars (ARB) for sure, make sure you get the newer rear style LCA for the more readily available (and better) ARBs. The 1LE bars or more expensive DSE bars are proven on track. The ZL1/1LE/Z/28 rear arms are an inexpensive upgrade that makes your 2010 more responsive and stable. Realistically If you just did a complete 1LE suspension, your car will be transformed. And it is already sorted out and GM proven. Knowing that your setup is proven will give you confidence to learn without compromises.

-Brakes. C7 ZO6/GS non carbon ceramic calipers have vented pistons. They run cooler, keeps the heat in the pad and rotor. And you'll use the Gen5 ZL1 2 piece rotor. It's a proven setup. Just get some cooling too. DOT4 fluid is a must, keep it fresh. Castrol SRF, Brembo HTC-64T, best insurance you can buy. Depending on your track, Motul may not be enough.
Old 08-21-2020, 06:07 PM   #22
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Which track do you go to? I'm in Johnstown and Pitt Race is my home track. I think I have about 24+ track days there in my '14 1LE.

-Solid Cradle mounts are a great upgrade, go solid for sure, I did the AFE/Pfadt. But you can wait to do these after you, the driver, get better.

-Your 2010 will benefit from some simple mods. Matching anti-roll bars (ARB) for sure, make sure you get the newer rear style LCA for the more readily available (and better) ARBs. The 1LE bars or more expensive DSE bars are proven on track. The ZL1/1LE/Z/28 rear arms are an inexpensive upgrade that makes your 2010 more responsive and stable. Realistically If you just did a complete 1LE suspension, your car will be transformed. And it is already sorted out and GM proven. Knowing that your setup is proven will give you confidence to learn without compromises.

-Brakes. C7 ZO6/GS non carbon ceramic calipers have vented pistons. They run cooler, keeps the heat in the pad and rotor. And you'll use the Gen5 ZL1 2 piece rotor. It's a proven setup. Just get some cooling too. DOT4 fluid is a must, keep it fresh. Castrol SRF, Brembo HTC-64T, best insurance you can buy. Depending on your track, Motul may not be enough.

I went to pitt race in July for my first time on track. We had a great time and will definitely go back but I’m going to Pocono sept 14.
Thanks for the advice. I do think getting better with my current setup should be first.
Im hoping the NT05s are a noticeable improvement over the all season pirellis
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Old 08-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #23
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado60 View Post
I went to pitt race in July for my first time on track. We had a great time and will definitely go back but I’m going to Pocono sept 14.
Thanks for the advice. I do think getting better with my current setup should be first.
Im hoping the NT05s are a noticeable improvement over the all season pirellis
It's easy to overdrive with a setup that is less than optimal. Keep your eyes up, be smooth with your inputs, and don't turn in too early.

Were you in advanced group? I saw a black or blue Gen5. Search me out if you want at the next TNiA. I'm already signed up for the 9/2 event. There is also an event 9/30. Check out my build thread for some videos from Pitt Race.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:20 PM   #24
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Castrol SRF Brake fluid and a full flush.

As they say - driver mod first. I’ve done a ton of mods to mine and I’ve learned that I should have started simple, learn the car.

Fresh fluid is a great start - if this is your first go at road course... after that you can go crazy. I did every suspension mod out there - including 6th gen radius rods for more caster...

You name it, I probably have it...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #25
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
It's easy to overdrive with a setup that is less than optimal. Keep your eyes up, be smooth with your inputs, and don't turn in too early.

Were you in advanced group? I saw a black or blue Gen5. Search me out if you want at the next TNiA. I'm already signed up for the 9/2 event. There is also an event 9/30. Check out my build thread for some videos from Pitt Race.
No I was in the novice group. (July 8) I was parked beside a z28 in the novice paddock
Learning the track at Pitt is going to take a few times since there are so many blind turns. I also haven’t figured out how deep to drive the car before braking
Old 09-28-2020, 06:20 PM   #26
skip_168
idiot-genius

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
Brakes
Brakes...
skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #27
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
Brakes
x's 2
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote