Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Anyone see this car in person yet? What'd you think??

I was lucky to be able to see this concept in the flesh at the NY autoshow. I gotta say, it completely won me over in person. At first just seeing the pics on the internet I wasn't so sure.. but the presence of this thing in person was just awesome. This was definitely one of the most popular cars at the show and the rotating display it was on was packed. Listened to the comments around me for a while and it was all very positive. GM MUST make this car.

Anybody else see it in person? What was your reaction?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
I saw it at the show too and it was just sweeet! Bigger in person that I imagine but its a proper american muscle car with this size and that 400hp LS2!!

I hope they stick with the cool LED lights and those tiny rear view mirrosr will never make production hah.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
lq30

Drives: Looking
I was up visiting cousins in NY during the autoshow week and we went to see and compare this car and the Dodge Challenger concept. I thought I was gonna like the Challenger better in person because I liked it better in photos but I ended up liking the Camaro much better in person. The Challenger is too retro. Camaro display had more people standing and staring than the Challenger too.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #4
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
A friend and I went up to the NY Autoshow just so I could see the Camaro in person.

I already loved in in pics online, but it was even better looking in person.

I didn't think it was all THAT big. I like it's size. The wide/low stance makes it appear more agressive. Most of the comments I heard were positive.

And the Camaro did have a larger crowd than the Challenger. I didn't like the Challenger in pics at all. But in person it was much better looking. Not as good as the Camaro, but better than the Mustang.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:25 AM   #5
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX
I didn't think it was all THAT big. I like it's size. The wide/low stance makes it appear more agressive. Most of the comments I heard were positive.
Yep can't have a proper muscle car without this car's proportions and aggressive presence!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
RonAlbasso

Drives: 2008 Camaro
Yes I did see teh car in person and I do have a few thoughts. One is that the general proportions of the car are perfectly on. THe car gives that same feeling as a corvette (low and wide and the feeling that this car is going to beat the hell out of you), which is a good thing. I even love the rear light design that is corvette-esqu. The front design was also very modern but also agressive which is inline with all the front ends of GM cars/trucks now a days. What I didnt like was the wheel design, they are simply too large and didn't sit on the body correctly. I'm sure GM will put on much smaller wheels when the car comes out, but I also hope they change the design of them.

Otherwise its a car that needs to be seen in person because it stands out more in person then in pictures. Its the kind of car that will stand the test of time and will have random ppl coming over to you at the gas station to shoot the shit.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
chevy4824

Drives: 1983 hurst olds
Send a message via AIM to chevy4824
I sal the car at the Detroit Autorama i liked it but it was only a shell there was no inside detail to it but i think the body lines resemble a 68 rather a 69
Old 07-25-2006, 06:59 AM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I saw it, and SAT in it!!!

Picture's don't do it justice. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
Camaro68usmc

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Thumbs up Concept

I saw the concept in San Diego when i was stationed there. Its amazing to see its rebirth. I actually got to sit in it since i was in uniform and people wanted to take pics of Marines! The roofline was a little low like people say however, when you get in you kinda climb down so its not really that low inside. My friend that was with me at the show sat in it as well and he's
6"4 with no problems. Cant wait to drive it!!!

Semper Fi !
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Not to be outdone by Rockhead, I wanted to resurrect an ancient thread too.

Sooooo, has anyone seen this car they call the "New Camaro" in person yet?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
Berean

Drives: Truck
I've heard about this. Anyone have any pics?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
67Redux

Drives: 1111
Yep found a picture of one. If they changed the front end I would buy one.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #13
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
I saw it at the ny auto show and said if gm makes it i will be buying one and i did
Old 05-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
what car is it!!! i cant see the pic at work!

Closed Thread