Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2015, 11:05 PM   #85
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Well, this starts a little further back.

In early 2012 the airbag sensor in my '05 Silverado went out. I went to the local dealership to pick one up. On the way out I saw the big banner about a sale on Camaros. At the time I had been thinking about getting a car a lot since I still had an old beater truck in addition to the '05. I had never had a car. Sure, I thought the Camaros were cool in passing but never really gave them a lot of thought.

The very next day after work I went and test drove some, and two weeks later I traded in my Silverado for a 2012 1LT.

I modded it up. Had exhaust, CAI, wheels, and a bunch of other little odds and ends...

I put 17,500 miles on it in 18 months or so. I moved up at work, got more money, etc. I had the itch for an SS. I was happy with my 1LT, but who doesn't want more? But it had to be a manual trans SS. My V6 was an auto but my first V8 sports car HAD to be a manual trans. Turns out, I fell IN LOVE with the 1LE when they came out for 2013.

Then one day my best friend tells me 'Hey, I saw one of those 1LE cars you like. It's for sale at the GMC dealership'.

After he tells me about it for a week curiosity finally gets me and I drive over to look at it.

You can see my 1LT peeking in the back. The salesman hadn't even walked outside yet.

It was a 1SS/1LE. Just what I wanted. She had only 1,740 miles on it. The previous owner had lowered it, put Borla exhaust on it, and Katzins leather seating. It was perfect. I drove it and they appraised my 1LT. I just couldn't stop...I went from one office to the next until I suddenly found myself holding an ink pen and signing papers. Then I was standing outside in the dark, loading stuff from one car to the other, still in my work clothes.

Another 16 months and 13,000 miles later...I LOVE this car.

Camaros have been truly life changing for me. The trips I have been on, the people I have met.

It even brought someone else really special in my life

SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #86
Shazbatt79

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Vert
My neighbor sold Chevy's when I was 8yrs old and he drove home a Z28, hardtop 1969. Had an optional 8 track in it and he told me he would put in "Hey Jude" tape by The Beatles if I would clean his wheels. He sweetened the deal with a quarter (.25). Seemed like a good deal. Always wanted one afterwards. I could have bought a restored 69 with matching VIN plates and all for the same I bought my new Camaro and truth be told, our 5th generation is vastly superior, plus a warranty and much newer
Shazbatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:49 AM   #87
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
My wife liked the design of the 5th gen as soon as it made its way onto the internet but I wasn't sold. I held her off for a while until we saw a SGM on the expressway one day. We kinda looked at each other like wow did you see that! That was the beginning of the obsession, no going back now.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #88
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
me?
had enough of the 1975's suspension set up the s197 has..looking forward to having a car that can go over 100mph with scaring me lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:54 AM   #89
WIFIRE

Drives: soon to buy 2013/0r 2014 2ss
Rode in a brother in law's '68 many years ago. Super impressed with the power, but not the mpg.(even back then). College, loans, marriage...kids...never looked again until the Gen5. Saw in showroom while buying a 2013 Volt(!) Presumed they were still guzzlers, but loved the look. Had Volt in for maintenance, killing time, drove a Camaro for the 1st time (6 banger). Wife drove it also. Had dealer find us a black 2SS. Got it last week. Love it! Smile while driving, and no kids to need a back seat! Awesome.
WIFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #90
LHWOLF

Drives: Red Hot 2014 LS
I bought a '94 Camaro in 2002. Drove it for 10 years. Saw the 5th Gen and had to have one. Traded the '94 for a new 2012 IBM 2LS. I was one of the unlucky ones that got an automatic with the "undesirable driving charteristic" torque converter. Three trips to the dealership and a new torque converter in 2 years, the issue was not resolved.

I did find a solution to the tc issue. The solution was trading it in for a 2014 Red Hot 2LS.
LHWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:02 PM   #91
cadelennon

Drives: '15 Camaro 1lt,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
Well, this starts a little further back.

In early 2012 the airbag sensor in my '05 Silverado went out. I went to the local dealership to pick one up. On the way out I saw the big banner about a sale on Camaros. At the time I had been thinking about getting a car a lot since I still had an old beater truck in addition to the '05. I had never had a car. Sure, I thought the Camaros were cool in passing but never really gave them a lot of thought.

The very next day after work I went and test drove some, and two weeks later I traded in my Silverado for a 2012 1LT.

I modded it up. Had exhaust, CAI, wheels, and a bunch of other little odds and ends...

I put 17,500 miles on it in 18 months or so. I moved up at work, got more money, etc. I had the itch for an SS. I was happy with my 1LT, but who doesn't want more? But it had to be a manual trans SS. My V6 was an auto but my first V8 sports car HAD to be a manual trans. Turns out, I fell IN LOVE with the 1LE when they came out for 2013.

Then one day my best friend tells me 'Hey, I saw one of those 1LE cars you like. It's for sale at the GMC dealership'.

After he tells me about it for a week curiosity finally gets me and I drive over to look at it.

You can see my 1LT peeking in the back. The salesman hadn't even walked outside yet.

It was a 1SS/1LE. Just what I wanted. She had only 1,740 miles on it. The previous owner had lowered it, put Borla exhaust on it, and Katzins leather seating. It was perfect. I drove it and they appraised my 1LT. I just couldn't stop...I went from one office to the next until I suddenly found myself holding an ink pen and signing papers. Then I was standing outside in the dark, loading stuff from one car to the other, still in my work clothes.

Another 16 months and 13,000 miles later...I LOVE this car.

Camaros have been truly life changing for me. The trips I have been on, the people I have met.

It even brought someone else really special in my life

a 1le is my dream car!
cadelennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:57 AM   #92
B.Costantino

Drives: 2013 1LT BRM
Its all about ME

i went out looking for a new truck...couldnt find anything nice...got into my old truck sipped some coffee and said to myself FUC$ This I am getting a Camaro..My birthday was in a few days..and I was recently diagnosed with MS.. walked into the dealer at 10am drove away at 1..grinning from ear to ear...now all i had to do was show the wife...........Hehe
B.Costantino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 AM   #93
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Well after driving my first vehicle a 99 Blazer until it had just over 200k on the clock and was slowly falling apart i new i needed something a little more reliable. This was compounded on the fact i started my first good paying job and it was a 22 mile drive and the old girl was only mustering about 12mpg. I was at first looking for a truck or another SUV. I wandered on to my local Chevy dealership who i knew the owners of and after testing a used 1500 i saw a new Inferno orange metallic 2SS loaded sitting on the lot and they let me test it alone.... needless to say that was one of the first big V8 cars i had ever driven and loved every minute of it especially while looking over the hood at the color vs all the dark grays, blacks and white cars on the road. I just felt right. Well after crunching the numbers i knew i couldnt afford an SS but could get in a new base model. I returned to the dealership and i few days later i picked up my new 2012 1LS manual in black with IOM rally stripes. I had it for over a year and put 27k on it and enjoyed every minute of it except for that horrible tranny. I shifted like shit. After joining a club i felt the power of the SS over my V6 and couldnt stand it. I still couldnt afford a SS and wound up trading it in for a 2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ which i had a blast in. After just a year in that i had just installed 1400 bucks worth of new gears and lockers and in the process i found a lug nut had striped and realized i had taken it to the chevy dealer a few months prior for a tire rotation and they stripped it on accident. I called them up and they agreed to fix it no charge. While i was waiting i saw a 2010 2SS manual in inferno orange metallic. My favorite color with the big V8 and a stick i just had to drive it, so they let me so i could "run errands". I loved the engine the power and everything about except i would have liked heads up display and a sunroof but those are minor. It even only had 22k miles on it. When i returned he jokingly asked i was ready to buy it. I looked back out at it and told him lets talk. He let me drive it home to sleep on it and the next day i returned and signed the papers. I will miss the Jeep it was great fun but i haven't looked back. So that's my story and have had a smile ever sense.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #94
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
At 47 i hadn't ever bought myself a new car and always drove something Chevy/GMC, sometimes hot rodded, sometimes stock. Plus i'd always wanted a car for weekends only and was kinda looking at 70's body Stingrays.

So in 2012 my bosses at work twisted off one day and decided to put everyone on rotating shifts since major trouble had been dropped on their redneck heads. So i was pissed off and on a vacation day and decided to just go "look" at the Chevrolet house. Salesman walked me right up to what i wanted in red and on special Well, says i, buying this is better than plan B which was to kill and eat my boss so what the heck. Wrote a check and picked it up the next day.

Don't regret it at all. Well, the car anyhow. Still basting the boss in my head occasionally.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #95
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
In The market for a new vehicle at the time(2011)
List of vehicles i was looking at:
Viper SRT(Couldn't find any and expensive even used)
Charger(so close but the SRT was 6k to much)
Corvette(Couldn't find any Good C6s)
Camaro(LS3)
Old 04-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #96
kazperking

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Wife left me and was sad for a while and I wasn't the same anymore and I needed to get my single game back up and smile n live life to the fullest so the only thing I could think of was to trade in my mazda 6 family car and get a Camaro and now I am happier then ever and my son loves my car just like I loved my dads 86 iroc Camaro when I was his age everything happens for a reason and wouldn't change nothing that has happened
kazperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:43 AM   #97
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
My girlfriend at the time got it in my head. She said she would get one for me. Of course, I was skeptical to believe. We hadn't been together very long. She had one though. Anyway, long story short, she somehow got an invoice made up with everything I wanted and showed it to me. Said it would take a month. I called the dealership on the paperwork because I was still skeptical and they never heard of the salesman listed. I never did find out how she made the invoice so detailed. Not why we broke up soon after, but everything just felt shady.
So I ordered one a few months later. Lol.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:59 AM   #98
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
It will be 2 years this month since I picked up my car. I always wanted a muscle car and was always big into cars since I was a kid. I always wanted to help my dad working on my moms car or his truck. So I went to college for 2 years and decided to make a career change and a smarter decision for the direction in my life. My brother was hired for the local S/O and told me about the job and different positions in the S/O. I got really interested in what he told me and I applied to the police academy. In academy there was a guy that drove a 2010 Camaro SS with bolt ons, I liked the car a lot, especially when he got LTs installed. He told me about the upcoming 1LE package for the Camaro. I always wanted an orange Camaro with black stripes and I'd get the rims painted black too but after hearing about the 1LE package and the handling upgrades and the flat black hood and ZL1 black rims, I knew that that's exactly what I wanted.. After passing the academy and state test, I put my application. I got hired and passed my training period, as a result I could finally afford a Camaro. So I was about to turn 21 and as a congrats to my hard work and a birthday gift to myself I ordered a 2013 IOM Camaro 2SS 1LE/RS with NPP in march and it arrived at the dealer 5/21/13 and I picked it up 5/22/13.