Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #225
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #226
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
YOU SAID: Milk 1027;367718] ""I want to get all the known performance products for V6 in one thread to keep organized and make them easier to find.""

MILK I just came on this thread......... VERY NICE. My timing is off since it is now January 2011 and the new models will have an improved 6 cyl, but hopefully this info will remain available for a long time to come.

I have not purchased my Camaro yet. I have been waiting for a Z/28, but have considered getting a 6 cyl as a daily driver! And, mods to it would be very nice. Especially the sound improvement and suspension departments!

Thanks for the time you take to do this.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #227
murf5

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS
R2C Performance Cold Air Intake System for 2010 Camaro SS and RS

I just recently put a cold air intake on my 2010 V6 Camaro. This being my first engine modification, I was very excited to throw it on. R2C uses a 14 inch cone that really looks bad ass when you pop the hood. It sounds really tight and requires zero lifetime maintenance. The first time I drove it I was shocked with the throttle response time and my gas mileage has actually gone up. Shocking due to the fact I get on it every chance I get. Their dyno tests report an average of 14+ HP and 17+ for the SS which would only increase if you had a cat-back system. I am very happy and impressed with the system.
http://www.r2cperformance.com
or
http://www.r2cperformance.com/2010-c...ke-system.aspx
Attached Images

murf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #228
white light

Drives: 2010 Camaro
How much

How much? The website does not say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf5 View Post
I just recently put a cold air intake on my 2010 V6 Camaro. This being my first engine modification, I was very excited to throw it on. R2C uses a 14 inch cone that really looks bad ass when you pop the hood. It sounds really tight and requires zero lifetime maintenance. The first time I drove it I was shocked with the throttle response time and my gas mileage has actually gone up. Shocking due to the fact I get on it every chance I get. Their dyno tests report an average of 14+ HP and 17+ for the SS which would only increase if you had a cat-back system. I am very happy and impressed with the system.
http://www.r2cperformance.com
or
http://www.r2cperformance.com/2010-c...ke-system.aspx
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #229
ckcamaro
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: Malibu.camaro/
hi was thinking about getting a set of headers for my v6 I have mrt 2.0 and cai I was wondering if i bought shorty headers if i need to buy extensions or any thing . same question for long headers
ckcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #230
Omeister00
der Hammer

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro RS/2LT
Here's one for the BBK CAI. Very easy and simple to install.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #231
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcamaro View Post
hi was thinking about getting a set of headers for my v6 I have mrt 2.0 and cai I was wondering if i bought shorty headers if i need to buy extensions or any thing . same question for long headers
Well you might. I swapped out my entire exhaust system with a set of Stainless Works LT/HF cats and SOLO Mach LLT exhaust and my tips were sticking way out the backend probably 4-5 inches. I think that system is designed to bolt up to stock exhaust manifolds and the stock catalitic converter downpipes as most prolly are. I had to take my car to a muffler shop and have them shorten the exhaust a bit.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #232
Frankd7

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Two Questions. First I was thinking about the Borla system, are you skeptical about it's true performance and which one is the best? Two Cold Air induction, I was reading about CAI. inc they say their the best for 2011 lt v6 what say you?
Frankd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #233
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankd7 View Post
Two Questions. First I was thinking about the Borla system, are you skeptical about it's true performance and which one is the best? Two Cold Air induction, I was reading about CAI. inc they say their the best for 2011 lt v6 what say you?

INJEN. for many reasons.

Vararam, Roto-Fab, and CAI were not available at the time.

The testing that was done shows it is at the top for performance.

The V6 1/4 mile list shows INJEN's are on the top 5 list.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #234
Jonathan Patten
Caffeinated Gearhead

Drives: 2011 SGM V6/RS
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Patten Send a message via Skype™ to Jonathan Patten
Okay, so I'm VERY new to performance mods on my Camaro...

I'm interested in a decently priced performance enhancer for my V6 RS. I'm not very familiar with terminology or details about motors, as I'm more of a guy who drives it because he loves American muscle! Where should I start? What should I get? Does installing any of these void the GM warranty? Thx in advance!
Jonathan Patten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #235
Catoptric

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1 RS, Cyber Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Patten View Post
Okay, so I'm VERY new to performance mods on my Camaro...

I'm interested in a decently priced performance enhancer for my V6 RS. I'm not very familiar with terminology or details about motors, as I'm more of a guy who drives it because he loves American muscle! Where should I start? What should I get? Does installing any of these void the GM warranty? Thx in advance!
It most likely voids warranty. I installed Stainless BBK headers on my car (which I am actually trying to sell right now) and it will most likely require a tune unless spark plug non-foulers work for it. I wasn't able to chance it and test it out on short notice because I was required to solder an extension wiring onto the rear drivers side (attached to transmission), which caused it to short circuit not long into driving with it.

Injen CAI is the safest bet (Amsoil EaO filter which is great), and I've yet to go forward with installing Solo Mach X-LLT, though may once I get comfortable with how things are back at stock headers.

I can actually say that just the CAI and remaining exhaust system up to the headers is probably safe to do. Anything extreme (headers could cause serious problems if not done properly, and the stock ones have integrated heat shields that are designed for the cars engine bay.)

Though you can buy the headers I have for $600 if you want? . . . Phastek doesn't want used returns.
Catoptric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #236
Blackjacket86
Death Before Dishonor

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 1968 Chevy C10
Here is a link for a Volant Air Intake. From what I am reading it's better than the gauze filters. http://www.volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=759
Blackjacket86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #237
cameroncrazies3x6

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 Yellow and black
wanting to add cai and axle back exhaust....which should i do first
cameroncrazies3x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #238
jpkgolfer1

Drives: 2011 RS V6
DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY IF SLP INSTALLS!!!
jpkgolfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote