Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Okay I know some will disagree but here goes.
Do you want first place in your class ?
Is it a judged show or is it participant voting?
Either case, you need to do the following
1. Clean, clean and clean
2. Let thiem know it's a driver and not a trailer princess
3. Rims, tires, wheel wells should be white glove clean
4. Inside should be cleanl vacuumed and dressed on all leather and panels and all windows have to be crystal clear inside and out.
5. All exterior plastic, rubber needs to be clean and dressed
6. All engine componets need to be clean, all plastic and rubber needs to be dressed.
6. All pulleys, belts wires and wire coverings need to be clean
7. All chrome hosesto be cleaned, waxed and shiny.
8. All paint needs to be buffed out so no scratcjhes or swirls show and waxed.
9. All chips need to be repaired or touched up so they are not noticeable to the eye.
10 Spend 8-16 hours on the undercarriage and suspension cleaning it, waxing it and making sure no rust is visible anywhere.
11. Make sure your tire treads have no dirt in them.
Simply put, your car should look better then the day you received it from the dealer!
Any pray that he or she did not find the one or two things you missed.
that should get you first place.
I got a whole boatload of first place trophies on the shelf. IT'S WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and if it's participant voting, make sure you take the time and talk with people and recognize the hard work they put into their cars, ie walk around and visit with all of them to show them you are legitimately interested in what they can teach you about autos and their enthusiasm for the industry.
After all you are their to have FUN and share with friends your love for the automobile !

Oh and don't worry, I did not tell you all my secrets, just in case I see you at a car show, I left a few things out of course ! Hehe
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #30
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Yes it helps. The more known your car is the more likely it will get sponsored. I have a cleaning sponsor that supplies all my cleaning products and I've had a few companies that have given me certain mods to promote their product. My car is also on a few websites as a display vehicle for certain products as well. All of the sponsors approached me. I may be getting a sponsor for headers, not sure yet. Its still in the talking phase. My car has appeared in magazines, websites, calendars, etc.
you go girl!! i would love to be sponsored, ill even rock a little sticker ;D
Old 02-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #31
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Go to shows where your buddies are the judges.....

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #32
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
you go girl!! i would love to be sponsored, ill even rock a little sticker ;D
Lol thanks!!! Luckily I dont have to rock a sticker for any of them but they are listed on my showboard but if they asked I would
Old 02-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #33
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I have found that a good show board and how you display the car helps a lot.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #34
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
It better be spotless. I typically don't go to shows to win a trophey. I usually go to hang out with other car enthusiast, look at some sweet rides, and get a burger while I am there.

Oh, also make sure that the show you go to isn't a buddy buddy show. Meaning that the judges are the ones that are doing the voting and making sure that their friends win.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #35
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
How to Win.. Take a Car/Truck/ Bike that is unique. Different than the ho hum row of the same late model cars. Just observe and watch the show to see which car the crowd is around to look at or they are talking about. Notice there are none at the show like it. And the best part.. forget the trophy with a unique car. One already knows their car IS the best car at the show with the folks around it all the time. And when the folks ask why your car is not entered in the show.. simply say.. I already have won major car shows and would rather Display my car today for the public to see. The other folks who are in the show will respect that also, knowing you did not compete. And usually when the awards are given, the Judges usually thank you for bringing the car to the event.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #36
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Lol thanks!!! Luckily I dont have to rock a sticker for any of them but they are listed on my showboard but if they asked I would
We are always looking for good cars to sponsor btw:

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/i...sorshipsawards

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #37
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We are always looking for good cars to sponsor btw:

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/i...sorshipsawards

Nick C.
Awesome!!! If youre looking for another car, send me a message I'm sure we can work something out

I looked at your list and I know Frank Daniels, very sweet ride!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #38
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Awesome!!! If youre looking for another car, send me a message I'm sure we can work something out

I looked at your list and I know Frank Daniels, very sweet ride!!!
Our marketing manager has asked that every one who wishes to be sponsored follow the links on our "Sponsorships" section on the bottom right portion of our site.

Feel free to send her an email for more details: Ariel@diodedynamics.com

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #39
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Supasport,
In my opinion, and having shown cars since 1988, having your vehicle as clean as it can be, tires looking good, exhaust tips clean-inside and out, etc.
My biggest thrill at car shows is having others look and admire my personal touches. Nothing gives more satisfaction than folks noticing the small, subtle things that have been done.
Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt when someone asks me to start them up and let them hear the exhaust...

Mostly, be courteous and have kindness to others. Remember, Rome was not built in a day.....I really like seeing folks getting their first award...."Just like sinking a long putt on #18....that is what keeps us coming back".....

Go, enjoy yourself...do your level best...the results will come in time....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #40
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
just make sure the car is clean,inc.the engine compartment and you are good to go.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #41
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Our marketing manager has asked that every one who wishes to be sponsored follow the links on our "Sponsorships" section on the bottom right portion of our site.

Feel free to send her an email for more details: Ariel@diodedynamics.com

Nick C.
Thank you!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #42
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I do the show thing a lot. Didn't place in 2 shows last year and came in 1st or 2nd in every other show I competed at. Best advice to go with is to have tasteful modifications if modded. You want to be as clean as possible. This includes things most people would never care about. You have to detail your engine to look brand new. A big thing on Camaros is keeping your thermostat housing clean and polished as well as cleaning the underhood liner and making sure there is no dust anywhere. Keep your rockers clean on the outside. Add depth to your paint using a polish during your cleaning process. Interior can be a huge factor between wins and loses in the "new" car category. So you have to make sure it is clean or else you could lose just by having a rock or piece of grass on your carpet. Body and paint isn't something judges focus on for a new car so you have to differentiate yourself by being the cleanest. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Most judges on Camaros don't look under the front end cause there is no room (too low) so you could spend time in the under carriage cleaning your exhaust and making sure things are shiny and pop. I've won some big ones in my time cause of the presentation. If its chrome it should shine. Dress those tires too. IMO a shined tire at a car show looks freaking awesome compared to people that just pull in and park. Set yourself apart. I have competed against a ton of Camaros at one time and for those shows you have to differentiate. Clean will always be a huge factor in new car class. You want to display your window sticker, fire extinguisher, and promotional Camaro books as well. These things can add points to your score at some shows. Hope I helped.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote