Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Cgiardino92

Drives: 2010 LS
Exhaust help/Learning the basics

Hi guys!Just registered and was thrilled to find this site after just purchasing my first Camaro last week, a 2010 LS. To be honest along with it being my first Camaro, its the first car Ive owned aside from the truck my parents gave me in highschool. Im only 19 and dont know much about cars to begin with and Ill be honest when I say I really only went with the Camaro because it looks cool but I have no idea what Im doing when it comes to shopping around for some aftermarket parts to get the sound Im looking for. I was hoping for some help in part selection if I can describe what Im after here. Obviously its a v6 so I want to beef the sound to the that deep, throaty, muscle rumble, but Im not after a system thats TOO loud, you know when it sounds like your redlining at 20mph, but at the same time when I hit that highway I want something that is gonna really scream and move people out of the way.Suggestions!?
Cgiardino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgiardino92 View Post
Hi guys!Just registered and was thrilled to find this site after just purchasing my first Camaro last week, a 2010 LS. To be honest along with it being my first Camaro, its the first car Ive owned aside from the truck my parents gave me in highschool. Im only 19 and dont know much about cars to begin with and Ill be honest when I say I really only went with the Camaro because it looks cool but I have no idea what Im doing when it comes to shopping around for some aftermarket parts to get the sound Im looking for. I was hoping for some help in part selection if I can describe what Im after here. Obviously its a v6 so I want to beef the sound to the that deep, throaty, muscle rumble, but Im not after a system thats TOO loud, you know when it sounds like your redlining at 20mph, but at the same time when I hit that highway I want something that is gonna really scream and move people out of the way.Suggestions!?
Welcome! And congrats on your purchase! I would suggest getting a good set of earphones and go to the exhaust sticky... The MRT V1 and V2 are the favorites in the V6 crowd and sound amazing, I own the V1 (which is the louder version) and Love it! Looking forward to your mods
Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Wecome... grab some good headphones and spend some time here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Cgiardino92

Drives: 2010 LS
Ahhh of course I would miss that thread, sry guys, I do really like the sound of that mrt v1 franklin thx for your input Im so excited!!
Cgiardino92 is offline   Reply With Quote