Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
ps_1130

Drives: 2010 LT2 V6
Unhappy 2010 LT2 "thinks" door is open, its not.

Indexing on driver door stopped working so I went through suggestions here on forum, of removing fuse, and waiting.
That didnt fix, so I just kept closing window by getting out, closing driver door, then walking around to passenger side, turning key in ingntion, then closing driver window.

PIA, but it worked, when it starting getting cold and snowing that was no longer a good option. So I tried removing driver side wiring harness as also suggested here in forum.
Waited 20 minutes, reconnected.
Indexing still not working, but now door doesn't register as closing. So it chimes when door is closed and overhead light wont shut off.

Any ideas on how to get door to register that it is closed?

Where is door closed/open switch?
ps_1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
ps_1130

Drives: 2010 LT2 V6
I haven't fixed mine, but I've ruled out a few things.

I switched out the door lock actuator and got same issue: Car registers door as being open.

Next logical thing I thought was unplug battery since car might just be working on "remembering" old actuator.

So I unplugged battery for 30 minutes then plugged back in, started up car and it went through calibration cycle. Asked me to lower and raise passenger door but not driver door. I let it sit and run for 10 minutes, DIC said CAL, which I assumed was calibrating.

Still won't let window go up or down. So I open driver door. Now car wont register that door is open. So, basically opposite of what issue was before.

Now my next option is to find wire short in A pillar mentioned in another thread or BCM exchange.

Last edited by ps_1130; 02-12-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: weirdness
ps_1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
2010?

First question: how old is the battery?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:24 PM   #4
isaiahofficial

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_1130 View Post
I haven't fixed mine, but I've ruled out a few things.

I switched out the door lock actuator and got same issue: Car registers door as being open.

Next logical thing I thought was unplug battery since car might just be working on "remembering" old actuator.

So I unplugged battery for 30 minutes then plugged back in, started up car and it went through calibration cycle. Asked me to lower and raise passenger door but not driver door. I let it sit and run for 10 minutes, DIC said CAL, which I assumed was calibrating.

Still won't let window go up or down. So I open driver door. Now car wont register that door is open. So, basically opposite of what issue was before.

Now my next option is to find wire short in A pillar mentioned in another thread or BCM exchange.

Im having the opposite happen… when I open my drivers door, the car still “thinks” it’s closed, so the window won’t index, the radio won’t turn off, interior lights won’t turn off. Did you ever figure out a fix to your problem ?
isaiahofficial is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, door ajar, door ajar chime, window indexing