Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Money Not Being an Object, Which Would You Get?
ZL1 47 48.96%
CTS-V Coupe 26 27.08%
CTS-V Sedan 14 14.58%
GTR 9 9.38%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
xRUSTYx

Drives: 2012 CGM/White ZL1
ZL1 vs CTS-V Coupe/Sedan -- I don't know what to do ... Opinions?

Hey Guys ....

Fell in love with LS1 car's back in the day. My love (even 20 cars later) was and always has been my 99 LS1 Transam.

My lease on my 370z is about to expire soon and I can turn her in now. Local dealership has both the CTS-V coupe with the options I want, and the CTS-V sedan with the options I want.

Was all set to just wait it out for the ZL1, until the dealership came back and was willing to give me invoice pricing on the CTS-V Coupe or Sedan.

Fully Loaded MSRP = $72,400

Can pick up for $69,xxx, and it comes with Lojack already installed. -- Not that I really care for it, but it will bring down Insurance premiums.

What I'm concerned about with the ZL1 is a couple issues.
1) Timeline for getting. If they start to manufacture Q1 of 2012, who's to say I would get near the first allotment? May be looking at an early Q2 (April-ish) Delivery.
2) Although price hasn't been mentioned, I would likely go fully loaded which I can only assume will be around $55(ish)
3) I'm a young professional who owns my own business, and think the Caddy may suit my needs better.

A Concern:
We all know caddy's lose quite a bit of value when the leave the showroom floor, do you think the same will hold true for ZL1's?

Lastly .... If money was no object for you (assuming you could afford either), what would you get.

1) ZL1
2) CTS-V Coupe
3) CTS-V Sedan
4) GTR (which has also been on my radar, but may not be as exciting since I am coming from a 370z)

If you can list your pro's & con's of either, that's be great too!

Appreciate it boys & ladies!

Last edited by xRUSTYx; 06-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.
xRUSTYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Depends what your needs are.

I will start by saying personally if I had to choose between the 2 door and 4 door CTS-V, I would go 4 door all the way. It is more practical and IMHO better looking.

The ZL1 will definately be a head turner as the GTR would be, but at the GTR's price tag I would jump right into a corvette Z06.

If I we're in your shoes tho I would pull the trigger on a CTS-V sedan
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
B1G-AL

Drives: 09 Bullitt, 08 H3 Alpha, Ram SS/T
If you're looking for a show-stopper and a head-turner I would wait until the ZL1 reaches production. The Caddy will defiantly loose a lot of value off the lot but if you are not looking to make an investment I doubt that's an issue.

To me it sounds like being in the self-employed business field the CTS-V coupe or sedan would most likely fit your image better; your clients will take you a little more seriously. Both the ZL1 and CTS-V have outstanding performance, so either way you wont have any regrets about driveability. You just have to decide which car will fit your image and needs better!
B1G-AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
CTS-V coupe or sedan would be my choice.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
xRUSTYx

thanks for the responses so far guys
Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
CTS-V coupe or sedan would be my choice.

THIS
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
IMHO based off of your initial post.

1) GTR
2) CTS-V coupe
3) ZL1
4) CTS-V sedan

To the majority of people (who aren't really car people) the ZL1 is just another camaro. Sadly this is true. They will see it as a camaro with some cool body features. On this site, we are all car people and understand the differences even down to the technical levels. Same holds true for the cts-v (coupe or sedan). There really are no styling differences between the V line and the standard versions except for minimal body differences. If you want something that everybody is going to turn there head to, then I would go with the GTR. It is an absolute monster that people (car people or not) will understand that it is something special.

As mentioned before, you could also go with a Z06 for that price, however same thing is true, corvettes are everywhere. Even though they are awesome machines, they are pretty common.

HOWEVER, if it was me, I would go with the CTS-V coupe, nothing beats the interior of of a caddy and the two door styling is still pretty new so there really aren't many out there (that i have seen).

At the end of the day, it's up to you. That's my .02

Good luck with the decision making!!!
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
chevyk1

Drives: CGM Camaro 1Lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
IMHO based off of your initial post.

1) GTR
2) CTS-V coupe
3) ZL1
4) CTS-V sedan

To the majority of people (who aren't really car people) the ZL1 is just another camaro. Sadly this is true. They will see it as a camaro with some cool body features. On this site, we are all car people and understand the differences even down to the technical levels. Same holds true for the cts-v (coupe or sedan). There really are no styling differences between the V line and the standard versions except for minimal body differences. If you want something that everybody is going to turn there head to, then I would go with the GTR. It is an absolute monster that people (car people or not) will understand that it is something special.

As mentioned before, you could also go with a Z06 for that price, however same thing is true, corvettes are everywhere. Even though they are awesome machines, they are pretty common.

HOWEVER, if it was me, I would go with the CTS-V coupe, nothing beats the interior of of a caddy and the two door styling is still pretty new so there really aren't many out there (that i have seen).

At the end of the day, it's up to you. That's my .02

Good luck with the decision making!!!
I agree with just about everything here. Only difference is I would put the CTS V 1 and GTR 2. Since you have a 370z already you have to decide whether the some of the similarities styling wise would be a issue for you. I think that as great as the ZL1 will be the the average person will associate it as a regular SS Camaro with some cool body mods.
chevyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love my Camaro, and the ZL1 is going to be one heck of a machine, but if I had the money (which I don't so I'll be keeping my SS) I'd go CTS-V Coupe.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
pgviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyk1 View Post
I agree with just about everything here. Only difference is I would put the CTS V 1 and GTR 2. Since you have a 370z already you have to decide whether the some of the similarities styling wise would be a issue for you. I think that as great as the ZL1 will be the the average person will associate it as a regular SS Camaro with some cool body mods.

On a side note, I see you don't have many posts and you are new. But, these threads usually go inside the Chevy Camaro vs. section. Even though it's not a track story (because we all know street race stories are a big NO NO), comparisons are still put in there.

Just letting you know.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
xRUSTYx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post

On a side note, I see you don't have many posts and you are new. But, these threads usually go inside the Chevy Camaro vs. section. Even though it's not a track story (because we all know street race stories are a big NO NO), comparisons are still put in there.

Just letting you know.
Thanks for letting me know PG ... Already PMed a couple mods to move it!

Sorry for the newbieness
Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
CTS-V couple would be my choice. They are very nice looking and has performance to boot. That will probably be my next car, in a year or so when I pay off the camaro and just find one used for 40-50K with low miles.

J
JETG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
chevyk1

Drives: CGM Camaro 1Lt
Also to your other point I think you will lose a ton of money on the Caddy and the ZL1 buying new. Im in the same boat as you looking for my next toy car since my truck is getting paid off this year. I love the Caddy too and thought about one but you could get a really nice Porsche or Benz used for the price of them. Just a thought to keep in mind.
chevyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
pgviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyk1 View Post
Also to your other point I think you will lose a ton of money on the Caddy and the ZL1 buying new. Im in the same boat as you looking for my next toy car since my truck is getting paid off this year. I love the Caddy too and thought about one but you could get a really nice Porsche or Benz used for the price of them. Just a thought to keep in mind.

I agree with you on this. However I feel that people who buy american built V8 muscle cars, like that mucle car sound and feel. With this in mind, I would have to go with the Mercedes CLK63 AMG, that thing sounds absolutely MEAN!!!!

Back with your choices though, I know I listed GTR first but it's really a different driving experience in each. Go test drive a couple and let us know how they compare!!!

No worries about the thread location. Just a simple FYI