Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-29-2023, 04:03 PM   #15
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Looks nice how close is the frame to stock color wise?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:28 PM   #16
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
If that unit performs as good as it looks, then you have a winner.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:35 PM   #17
dretoven

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Looks nice how close is the frame to stock color wise?
It's not too far off, maybe a tad bit darker but I doubt it will be noticeable once installed.
Attached Images

dretoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:38 PM   #18
dretoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
If that unit performs as good as it looks, then you have a winner.
We shall see
Old 07-29-2023, 04:40 PM   #19
Dega Man

Question, I went on the website looking for the specs like frequency response, preamp voltage, USB outputs, radio sensitivity, USB Music file playback WMA, AAC, FlAC and etc. Do you have any of these specs with the unit once receiving it?
Old 07-29-2023, 04:45 PM   #20
dretoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
Question, I went on the website looking for the specs like frequency response, preamp voltage, USB outputs, radio sensitivity, USB Music file playback WMA, AAC, FlAC and etc. Do you have any of these specs with the unit once receiving it?
It didnt have any of that, I sent them a message asking about pre-amp voltage just because i was curious. It literally came in a brown UPS box with a receipt, the wiring and unit. Which i was a little put off by.
Old 07-29-2023, 05:50 PM   #21
Dega Man

I wonder if you request this info from them would they provide it, which you would think that would be on the website. It's definitely a good looking unit.
Old 07-30-2023, 07:30 AM   #22
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretoven View Post
It didnt have any of that, I sent them a message asking about pre-amp voltage just because i was curious. It literally came in a brown UPS box with a receipt, the wiring and unit. Which i was a little put off by.
I wish you good luck. They are all from Aliexpress. you'd have better luck going via aliexpress to find your specs.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 04:16 PM   #23
dretoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
I wish you good luck. They are all from Aliexpress. you'd have better luck going via aliexpress to find your specs.
Yea I know they get their stuff from China, but I didn't see anyone else selling the molding that looks like the stock mylink on Ali Express which was my only reasoning for giving it a shot.

Last edited by dretoven; 07-30-2023 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:58 PM   #24
dretoven

Quick update, getting the head unit in was actually easier than I thought and it did look nice as hell once in dash BUT I ran into issues out the gate.

1. Sound: No sound from my speakers when I connect the AC harness to the unit. As soon as I disconnect the AC harness from the deck, sound comes on instantly.

2. Subwoofer: When I first connected the unit, subs were working fine for about 30 minutes then they just randomly stopped working. Amp still getting power just no sound from my subs.

However, the RCAs aren't connected to the new unit. I have a PAC line converter that taps into the two trunk speakers so I could install my monoblock and retain the MyLink system........ Even with that, it still seems like something is off maybe with their wiring harness that connects to the car. Everything works normal when I reconnect the Mylink unit.

Currently working with Digital Octopus for support. I'll keep the thread posted when I get updates. Also will be a good reference of how responsive they are since there's threads on here saying they had trouble getting support and vice versa.

Video of sound issue:
https://vimeo.com/849979324?share=copy

**Side Note** If anyone has any knowledge of these line converters, any chance this thing could be interfering with the aftermarket unit and/or AC wiring harness? I may take out the PAC Line converter so nothing is tapping into the speaker wire as a test. Worst case scenario, I end up buying a sub thump/fark harness (What I should of had in the first place) to reconnect my amp if need be.

Last edited by dretoven; 07-30-2023 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 07:14 PM   #25
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
They definite have the look down. I also like their wide one that replaces the HVAC controls with updated knobs. I'm a little leery of them as well, though. Twice now, I've emailed asking some pre-sale questions on the units. Neither time have the answered me. If they can't provide an answer when it means I may spend money, makes me wonder if they will after they have my money.
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:15 PM   #26
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Support

I have to say that after the sale there is no direct support from digital octopus and they don't respond to any messages sent to them. There is no link to the manufacturer for support as well. I bought the digital speedometer through them and they do post the updates to upgrade the unit on their site, but there are other issues that need addressed but no response. I may try their phone number and see where that gets me. That is the only link I can find to their business. No email.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:32 PM   #27
dretoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I have to say that after the sale there is no direct support from digital octopus and they don't respond to any messages sent to them. There is no link to the manufacturer for support as well. I bought the digital speedometer through them and they do post the updates to upgrade the unit on their site, but there are other issues that need addressed but no response. I may try their phone number and see where that gets me. That is the only link I can find to their business. No email.
Yea I’m getting nervous, no response at all today, last contact was yesterday evening. One message via email after contacting them through the website. Followed by a message from their Instagram page shortly after the email. They had me try a basic troubleshooting step then asked me to send pics of my AC harness and it’s been crickets. Gonna try and relax and give them a couple more days since it’s the weekend

Side note: it’s 100 percent NOT my AC harness causing the issue
Old 07-31-2023, 09:39 AM   #28
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
It's really a shame. They're putting out great looking stuff. They'd have a much bigger following and increased sales if they could have some actual support. Hell, I'd have already bought something if it weren't for that.
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote