Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #15
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Get the Hotchkis kit to include the Chassis Brace... best suspension mod for our '10's. Not to mention the killer stance you'll get with it. I've got almost no body roll, virtually no brake dive... and it truly does feel like its on rails.

Also, Sways are thicker than the 1LE, and it includes a set of thicker end links.

To add, I didn't have any trouble removing and installing my sways by myself.
That’s the exact answer I wanted to hear. I have hotchkis bars with energy suspension poly bushings on my gbody and love that feeling. Def will try the 5th gen stuff out! I’m not worried about installation.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #16
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Rear is easy, just unbolt old and put new one in. The front one I haven't done, but I've heard its' a pain. :P
You are absolutely correct. Did mine with a swap out of factory to BMR for weight loss 3 years ago and it was a mofo to say the least.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #17
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
I have done the rear and that was a bit more challenging than what most make it out to be. twisting and rotating it alot while on your back. it didn't go in like a hot knife in butter. the front one, i will reference this video but i still have to do this and i'm a bit nervous on jacking up the engine. i'm not sure how to do this while in my garage.

I did mine on stands in my garage. Trick is to jack it up and get it on the stands as high as possible. I did mine 3 years ago. If I remember correctly I ended up putting one front tire back on and kind of jacking one side higher to tilt the car kind of. I did not have to do anything with the motor but I did read you might have to if you have power steering. I got lucky as I got electric steering and it still tested my patience. It can be done though in your garage.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #18
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
I did it!!!!! tonight , jacked up ,pulled tires, inner fenders etc front nose to put on z28 grill that was a bitch! got it on with no scratches so far. took the bolts loose on the sway bar and finagled it out thru the back of the passenger side disc set up jacked up about 24 inches with the frame bushings on. put the 1le back in the same way patience, whew. with the bushings and straps on. thanks to all of you folks! now to tackle the rear one hope it goes easy like you guys say it is. the oldman........
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:21 PM   #19
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Yep, the rear is easy peezy!

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #20
run4pasta

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I read on here from a lot of different suspension forums that you want to have a 5 mm difference between front and rear sway bars. On my stock 2010 SS I just put the 1LE rear sway bar on which gives you that 5 mm difference. That ratio is supposed to be optimal for understeer and keeping the car straight. I love the way my car drives with this setup. Hope this helps
run4pasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #21
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Get the Hotchkis kit to include the Chassis Brace... best suspension mod for our '10's. Not to mention the killer stance you'll get with it. I've got almost no body roll, virtually no brake dive... and it truly does feel like its on rails.

Also, Sways are thicker than the 1LE, and it includes a set of thicker end links.

To add, I didn't have any trouble removing and installing my sways by myself.

I have the front 1LE Sway bar with DSE end links along with the JPSS Black Magic 32mm rear sway bar on my 2010 2LT/RS. Handles great and rides like it is on rails as well with the DSE 1.5" lowering springs and Koni Orange Str.T struts. Will this Hotchkis Chassis Brace work for my application? How easy was the install for this brace?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #22
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I have the front 1LE Sway bar with DSE end links along with the JPSS Black Magic 32mm rear sway bar on my 2010 2LT/RS. Handles great and rides like it is on rails as well with the DSE 1.5" lowering springs and Koni Orange Str.T struts. Will this Hotchkis Chassis Brace work for my application? How easy was the install for this brace?

It will definitely work with your application. It bolts on to your stock frame without having to modify it. Its a simple bolt on. Helps if you have a lift but can be installed by 1 person in your garage.

Its low profile so once installed, it is still not lower than the stock components. Huge plus is how firm the car will feel and how it reinforces the front and back end so you're not hopping around. Not only will it feel like you're on rails, it'll feel like a rock on rails...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #23
SummitWhite11

Quote:
It will definitely work with your application. It bolts on to your stock frame without having to modify it. Its a simple bolt on. Helps if you have a lift but can be installed by 1 person in your garage.

Its low profile so once installed, it is still not lower than the stock components. Huge plus is how firm the car will feel and how it reinforces the front and back end so you're not hopping around. Not only will it feel like you're on rails, it'll feel like a rock on rails...

Nice! Now I'm going to have to figure out how to get this by the wife once I'm ready to place an order

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #24
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Don't be on the fence on this brace... you'll love it.

Here's an older thread about it;

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164528
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #25
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Don't be on the fence on this brace... you'll love it.

Here's an older thread about it;

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164528

Not at all! This is a must have. I used to own a 1987 Corvette Roadster and it had the factory X brace under the car which stiffened it up when it came to chassis flex. I will definetly be doing this! Just a matter of timing. We are doing house renovations at the moment laying down tile ourselves throughout the whole house and a few other things. Will surely make the purchase sometime this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #26
oldman14ss

got my rear sway bar on today! yahoo! now come on spring , snow today -6 tomorrow morning. need spring so I can go do some lateral g's and feel it out. on another note what about installing all the convertable bracing or part underneath the front and rear to stiffen up ? anyone tried or heard of it?
Old 03-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #27
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Not sure about those extra braces, but have you upgraded the subframe bushings? Upper control arm bushing? Steering rack bushing? lower control arm bushing? Etc?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:20 PM   #28
oldman14ss

not yet car only has 28k miles on it. will be changing toe links and lower rods next fall and the bushings you spoke of.