Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #15
Matt8892(2)

Drives: Black camaro 2ss 45th
Ugh. The color. I’m Gunna have mine wrapped in that color
Matt8892(2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #16
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Beautiful car and you've obviously put a lot of work into it. As far as what you can get for it; if you are willing to hold out for the possibility someone who is looking for something unique and can appreciate the mods you have done comes along, you might get a couple thousand above current market value. That being said, for the average buyer, your mods, especially the aftermarket paint job will raise questions, doubts (was it painted because of personal desires or due to damage) and concerns (were the mods done properly and/or professionally, what impact will they have on reliability and cost of repairs, etc.), all of which detract from the cost they will be willing to pay. As far as trading it in, most dealers won't give you anything for your mods, in fact they may only offer lower then they would if it was stock citing the reasons I just did.

Last edited by Welker2; 02-21-2019 at 02:56 AM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:43 AM   #17
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
The repaint will make it harder to sell IMO. If I was looking for a late model year car, having the original paint would be at the top of the list. Maybe you should've just had it wrapped in that color instead. Nice color though.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #18

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
That is one unique Camaro !! Those C63s are something else, and you will definitely enjoy! I had the change to test drive a C63s, and all I can say is WOW! Totally at a different level then the Camaro series. Not to be prejudice in favor of the Muscle/Pony, but muscle cars are more satisfying to me then European cars.

With all that in mind, if I were in your shoes, I would keep the 1LE. Especially, that you customized it.

Some advice:
About four months ago, I was in the same shoes as are today, but instead of a C63s I wanted a GT350.

So I stored my 1LE for about a month, and rent GT350. After the end of trial, I went back to my 1LE and found out that I didn't want to part away from it. There was something special about that I liked. Now, I have to figure out how to fit the GT350 in the garage in the future.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #19
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
That is one unique Camaro !! Those C63s are something else, and you will definitely enjoy! I had the change to test drive a C63s, and all I can say is WOW! Totally at a different level then the Camaro series. Not to be prejudice in favor of the Muscle/Pony, but muscle cars are more satisfying to me then European cars.

With all that in mind, if I were in your shoes, I would keep the 1LE. Especially, that you customized it.

Some advice:
About four months ago, I was in the same shoes as are today, but instead of a C63s I wanted a GT350.

So I stored my 1LE for about a month, and rent GT350. After the end of trial, I went back to my 1LE and found out that I didn't want to part away from it. There was something special about that I liked. Now, I have to figure out how to fit the GT350 in the garage in the future.
Thanks for the input! I love the car don’t get me wrong it’s been an amazing experience driving it. I just need something a little more sophisticated at this point. I’ve always been a huge advocate and loyal customer of Mercedes. Always had an s class since I started driving. It was always nice switching between the s class and camaro. But after getting exposed to AMG, it seriously is a whole new world. My S550 will be turning into an S63 in the near future. So with that being said, I loved the camaro without a doubt, but AMG is just...AMG nothing else I can really say as it speaks for itself.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #20
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
The repaint will make it harder to sell IMO. If I was looking for a late model year car, having the original paint would be at the top of the list. Maybe you should've just had it wrapped in that color instead. Nice color though.
FIRst thing I thought was the new paint makes it harder to sell. If I see a newer car has paint job I’m assuming something happened to it whether it’s I no a car carfax or not
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #21
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Nice car.. I wouldn't part with it.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #22
Johnnyringoss

Drives: 12 ss l99
Love that color. Looks good
Johnnyringoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:56 AM   #23
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks for the love guys. I do love that my camaro is unique. Haven’t seen anything close to it....you guys are making me second guess selling lol! However, AMG is still ringing in my ear...