Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #15
DarthNader

Drives: 2014 1LT RS 1993 Z28
I own a 2014 V6 RS with the Dual mode exhaust. I have pulled the fuse so its wide open all the time. I currently have only put in a K&N Typhoon CIA and plan on putting in BBK LT any other small mods I can do with out voiding the lifetime drivetrain warranty?
DarthNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNader View Post
I own a 2014 V6 RS with the Dual mode exhaust. I have pulled the fuse so its wide open all the time. I currently have only put in a K&N Typhoon CIA and plan on putting in BBK LT any other small mods I can do with out voiding the lifetime drivetrain warranty?
Unfortunately you won't be able to do that. LT headers only fit the 2010 and 2011 model V6 Camaros with the LLT engine. Your car has the LFX with integrated heads. The next best thing you can do is go with high flow cats.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #17
DarthNader

Drives: 2014 1LT RS 1993 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Unfortunately you won't be able to do that. LT headers only fit the 2010 and 2011 model V6 Camaros with the LLT engine. Your car has the LFX with integrated heads. The next best thing you can do is go with high flow cats.
Ok good to know do you have a certain brand recomendation for those hi flow cats. And any other mods I should look into getting?
DarthNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNader View Post
Ok good to know do you have a certain brand recomendation for those hi flow cats. And any other mods I should look into getting?
You should be stalking the LFX section for this type of information, but I don't mind helping if I can. Unless you go with some custom high flow cats and have them welded up by a shop, there are only two choice that I know of. One is made by SOLO. They consist of high flow cats and resonated pipes to help calm the extra rasp created by dumping the stock cats for high flows. They are also pretty expensive at nearly $700.

The other set is made by ARH, and I think they offer some with and without cats, but no resonated pipe is included so they would be a little louder and more raspy.

The SOLOs are made to not need a tune, but with ARHs you might need a tune to keep from getting a check engine light. The check engine light will come on because the rear 02 sensors are reading more emissions coming through the exhaust, but really its nothing that will harm your car if you don't get a tune.

If you are trying to keep your warranty safe, well then just about any mods are risky business.

But other available mods for your car I can think of besides intake and exhaust would be the Vitesse throttle controller, ported throttle body, manifold spacer made by member JacFab on here, "ported" LFX intake also by JacFab, and a tune. There might be one or two others I'm missing but that's the most of it.