Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #127
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Are you shifting early? Or taking to long to shift. The 1/8 mph and time is awful!
I'm looking closer today and this bothers me...all 4 of my runs were 98mph at the 1/8...my 11.4 run from May I was 102 and trapped 129...

I looked at my logs and at the 1/8 mile time, it shows I'm doing around 104mph. It is dead on with my 1/4 mile trap, so possibly their 1/8 mile trap was wrong. I did notice I shift to 4th before the 1/8 now, where as I would shift to 4th after the 1/8 prior to this trip.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #128
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Check out the log of my 10.93 run...it blows me away this was in the 10s...you can see I hit the rev limiter right at the shift on both 1-2 and 2-3, and then don't know what the hell happened when I floored it going into 4th (must be the throttle opening rate changes, but not the expected result) .

I'm working on a new tuning appt to solve my lean tipping that is still an issue...sounds like we'll be going with a SD tune. The knocking early on ramps up the IATs fast. I think fixing my tune alone, will be worth a few more tenths!
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #129
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Here is the video of my last trip to the track...

Old 09-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #130
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Latest Dyno

I was back in Victoria working on my tune w/Pat G...while I was there I took a pass on the dyno w/my race tune (my street tune is up to 800 whp ). I put my race tune on, but w/o race gas...I turned the meth up too high and ran my AFR in the 9s (I guess that's one way to get in the 9s )...it was still my best dyno to date at 832/791...but I definitely left some on the table... my street tune had a much better stronger torque curve...you can also see the power is continuing I should have gone higher rpm...

We were in a rush to street tune before lunch, so I only got one show at it. This is on a mustang dyno...not sure what happened at 5150...my log is clean.

Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #131
DuskED13

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Special Edition Camaro
OK I just read this entire thread and this build is insane!
When I saw the pic of you pulling the entire motor in your garage it blew my mind. I could only dream of being able to do that and have the confidence to put it all back together again to work.

Three questions,
1. Would buying the ZL1 Camaro in the first place have helped any with the build? Or would you have still had to replace everything anyway?
2. Why haven't you upgraded the supercharger by now?
3. Why haven't you focused on weight reduction?

Love this thread and all the pics. The videos are awesome! Keep them all coming!
DuskED13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #132
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskED13 View Post
OK I just read this entire thread and this build is insane!
When I saw the pic of you pulling the entire motor in your garage it blew my mind. I could only dream of being able to do that and have the confidence to put it all back together again to work.

Three questions,
1. Would buying the ZL1 Camaro in the first place have helped any with the build? Or would you have still had to replace everything anyway?
2. Why haven't you upgraded the supercharger by now?
3. Why haven't you focused on weight reduction?

Love this thread and all the pics. The videos are awesome! Keep them all coming!
Thank you. I enjoy keeping it updated.

1. Yes, in hind sight, zl1 would have been a better starter car. I had no clue I'd be where I am today when I bought it. I definitely caught the bug.

2. Upgrade to what? I went w/the pd blower for reliability, and whipple was the largest and best intercooler. I considered turbos, at the time, but felt the whipple was best option for a daily driver. Plus it's pricey...got to get my money's worth out of the whipple. At this point, I'm holding out for the whipple 4.0L...no release date in sight.

3. I seemed to be more focused on adding weight. Super chiller, 4 gal meth tank, roll bar... Most of the weight reduction I've seen compromises safety or comfort. This is still my 800 hp daily driver. (I have my economy car for backup when I'm upgrading or fixing...it's a suburban). The bogart, slicks and skinnies give some value and weight reduction. I haven't seen anything else that I see value in. But always open to suggestion!

Pat

Last edited by PMJ; 09-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #133
DuskED13

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Special Edition Camaro
Well from reading the thread at once, it just seems you are dead set on reaching tens and even high nines as a goal, but your still doing top out Texas like runs and using it as a daily driver.

Your making the car be three things at once and trying to make it the best at all three at the same time.

If you would just focus on making it one of those cars and not all three at once, you could have surpassed every one of your goals in every single category by now. But instead, your just short of all your goals in all three categories.

Your trying to have your cake and eat it too and it's going to make you insane by the end of this build lol.

Just an outside observation. I love everything about this car and your an ace mechanic for sure. But if this was set up for top speed, it would be well over 210 by now, set up for drag, prolly in the mid nines, and as a daily driver, you could have stopped a long time ago.

Unless of course your goal is to make it the worlds fastest 1/4mile daily driver with a top speed of over 200. In that case carry on and create the most badass camaro I've ever seen!

Love the build, keep the pics coming. I'm subscribed so I know the steps to follow in building mine! Keep the posts coming
DuskED13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #134
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskED13 View Post
Unless of course your goal is to make it the worlds fastest 1/4mile daily driver with a top speed of over 200. In that case carry on and create the most badass camaro I've ever seen!
Is that too much to ask?

I'm having fun throughout...too much fun if you ask my wife (and my bank account).

I was tuning tonight, and made some progress on my lean spike issue, so I'm hoping to get one more track night in before the Mile race late Oct. I will have to swap out my rear diff and axles for the mile...3.73 gears won't do very well...if I break 200mph, I'm done...will probably never run it again... what will really suck is if I get 199...

In the 1/4, I have a lot of opportunity...I don't know if I'll ever get 9s with my M6, but I'll continue to try. I'm about to run out of motor...my engine builder said i'm good to 900 whp... I'm probably about 850ish right now, so most I could add is probably a 50 shot of Nos...but that it probably only good for .25s...we'll see where I top out at over the next few months.

Then it's time for road racing! I can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by. - Pat
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #135
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

I seem to have solved my lean spike when shifting (or Ayousef did)...went back to my MAF tune. Details in this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7034265&posted=1#post7034265

Next event will likely be the Texas Mile, but can't wait to get back on the 1/4 mile! Hoping to get 10.5.

I bought a 2010 SS Auto rear diff for the Mile (3.27), That will get me to 200mph in 5th gear...if I can get there...we'll see...
Old 09-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #136
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
I seem to have solved my lean spike when shifting (or Ayousef did)...went back to my MAF tune. Details in this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7034265&posted=1#post7034265

Next event will likely be the Texas Mile, but can't wait to get back on the 1/4 mile! Hoping to get 10.5.

I bought a 2010 SS Auto rear diff for the Mile (3.27), That will get me to 200mph in 5th gear...if I can get there...we'll see...
Good luck on the Texas mile, good idea with the higher gears for the mile.
I don't know if the weather gets cool this time of year down there, but I mostly take mine to the track on a cool night, I always wind up with the best times. But with a "supercharger" and trailering it to the track would definitely make a huge difference with the cooler AIT's. I can see you hitting mid 10's on a good (weather wise) night.
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #137
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
Good luck on the Texas mile, good idea with the higher gears for the mile.
I don't know if the weather gets cool this time of year down there, but I mostly take mine to the track on a cool night, I always wind up with the best times. But with a "supercharger" and trailering it to the track would definitely make a huge difference with the cooler AIT's. I can see you hitting mid 10's on a good (weather wise) night.
Thanks! Yes it is starting to cool off down here, so I'm hoping for good weather at the mile. I was hoping to get another track day before the mile, but I don't think it's going to work out. I'll get there soon as I can.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #138
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Just found your build thread...another Houston Whipple car here.

I'll be watching this one...congrats on a great ride.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #139
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

New Stripes

Todd Welch from MTW Enterprises came by my house today to install my new stripes. If you are in the Houston area and need stripe work, I highly recommend.

While he was here, I had him put on my numbers for the Texas Mile too...

Name:  stripes1.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  stripes2.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  stripes3.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  150.6 KB

Now I need to install the stock auto SS rear diff I got (3.27 gears), and my new hex vents.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #140
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Todd Welch from MTW Enterprises came by my house today to install my new stripes. If you are in the Houston area and need stripe work, I highly recommend.

While he was here, I had him put on my numbers for the Texas Mile too...

Attachment 561945

Attachment 561946

Attachment 561947

Now I need to install the stock auto SS rear diff I got (3.27 gears), and my new hex vents.
Definitely different, I really like the color, doesn't mimic the mustang stripes. I like them.
Good luck on the Texas mile!
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote