Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #15
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I have not seen Aqua Blue in person, but I have preference for Jetstream Blue, then again my opinion may be a bit biased
A BIT!?....that 'Vette would never allow me to get any other color...god damn i love that color lol
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #16
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I can't wait to see a Jetstream Blue 2010 Camaro with white stripes......giddeyup!
+1.....are you listening, GM?
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #17
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
So, for most people, it seems like the jetstream blue is a lot more popular choice. I think that is some good market research there...None of the other colors really jump out at me like this one does.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #18
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
Jetstream Blue or Hugger Orange, I could go either way. I just want one of those 2 colors. Not Aqua Puke Metallic.
I totally agree with everyone as well...Aqua blue is just eww to me. I'd LOVE to see jetstream blue on the new camaros as well...Hugger Orange doesn't sound bad either...haha

I know this may not work AT ALL, but hell its worth a shot...we should add a poll to this thread so IF...and HOPEFULLY GM were to see this post we'd have our 50 supporting customers.

The poll should just be plain and simple and straight to the point

"Should GM offer jetstream blue, would you be a definite buyer/supporter of it?"

YES
NO (and i'm only picking this because im cumb)

haha j/k on that part but seriously, let's give it a shot
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #19
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I have no doubt GM have a couple of show cars getting ready to be painted the colors not yet seen in public (2 blues and the grey).
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #20
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
I totally agree with everyone as well...Aqua blue is just eww to me. I'd LOVE to see jetstream blue on the new camaros as well...Hugger Orange doesn't sound bad either...haha

I know this may not work AT ALL, but hell its worth a shot...we should add a poll to this thread so IF...and HOPEFULLY GM were to see this post we'd have our 50 supporting customers.

The poll should just be plain and simple and straight to the point

"Should GM offer jetstream blue, would you be a definite buyer/supporter of it?"

YES
NO (and i'm only picking this because im cumb)
Do it, Im in on the voting. I know Scott S.(F-Bod Father) regularly checks Camaroz28.com, I am new to this site so I am not sure if he is active here. If we make enough noise then GM has to listen. They want the Camaro to be a success and we are telling them what they need to do to be successful. Come on Camarofaithful, LETS MAKE SOME TEAM CAMARO NOISE, and get Jetstream Blue on our Camaros!!!

Jetstream Blue with white stripes...Im in, #3...47 more to go if the GM policy is still in effect!!!
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #21
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
It may be worth noting that JSB on the Corvette is one of the colors for which there is a 750.00 charge. It has something to do with needing to apply a tinted clearcoat, at least that's what I was told at the National Corvette Museum, when touring the Corvette plant. Apparently not all colors require this extra step, but JSB is one of them. Not sure if Aqua Blue requires this or not, and whether or not that has anything to do with Chevrolet's decision.

Last edited by rmyers; 10-02-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #22
ctk1
Camarofanatic

No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
It may be worth noting that JSB on the Corvette is one of the colors for which there is a 750.00 charge. It has something to do with needing to apply a tinted clearcoat, at least that's what I was told at the National Corvette Museum, when touring the Corvette plant. Apparently not all colors require this extra step, but JSB is one of them. Not sure if Aqua Blue requires this or not, and whether or not that has anything to do with Chevrolet's decision.
If it gets me that color, I have no problem paying extra for it. Thats what I don't understand, if it exists, at least offer it as an option. Im sure many people would pay extra to get their idea of a perfect new Camaro, rather than settling for a color they really dont care for. Even though the SS will be a performance bargain, a price in the mid 30's is still alot of money and we should not settle for anything other than exactly what we want!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #23
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Fbodfather said keep the faith, they are still working on things. I really believe GM is listening to all of us. I expect we will see some surprises that we don't know about yet, in colors and options. The more people say what they want, the better chance it will happen. Maybe not in first allocation, but maybe later. Remember they are listening and want happy buyers. Don't give up on what you want.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #24
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Fbodfather said keep the faith, they are still working on things. I really believe GM is listening to all of us. I expect we will see some surprises that we don't know about yet, in colors and options. The more people say what they want, the better chance it will happen. Maybe not in first allocation, but maybe later. Remember they are listening and want happy buyers. Don't give up on what you want.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #25
card21doc

Drives: 13 Hotwheels Camaro 2SS
I'm in. 46 more to go.
card21doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #26
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by card21doc View Post
I'm in. 46 more to go.

Ok I'm making its own separate thread where we can have official voting in case GM just so happens to see this...
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #27
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Lemans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Ok I'm making its own separate thread where we can have official voting in case GM just so happens to see this...
This is my pride and joy. A 69 Camaro SS in the original Lemans Blue. I want a 5th gen to match, and Jetstream is close enough to satisfy me.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #28
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
This is my pride and joy. A 69 Camaro SS in the original Lemans Blue. I want a 5th gen to match, and Jetstream is close enough to satisfy me.

Nice Ride.....my first car was a 69 Camaro, when I was too broke to fix it or give it the proper care it needed.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote