Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #197
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
That is why jail time is in order. Good 2x4 on the side of the head for the rest of them.
Lmao.... You're advertising GM products! So you're no different then GM! Because what do think ppl think when they see you driving a GM car? To go buy! right! Or that its nothing wrong with GM products! So you really need to check yourself and life!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #198
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
That is why jail time is in order. Good 2x4 on the side of the head for the rest of them.
I agree. Purge the problem and with real consequences.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #199
SS_Falco

Drives: 2SS 1LE RS. IOM
according to J.D power chevy is pretty good... as a matter of fact chevy beats out nearly all the "asian" car manufacturers..
and look whos first on there list, a company that produces cars that burst into flames!
Chevy has done a quality job in a cut throat industry in my opinion.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #200
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

^ that's because when a Porsche burns, that just "one problem". Anyway, everybody knows that german cars cannot have defects, they were engineered by germans.

(man, Buick has slipped)
Old 06-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #201
citabria7
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Falco View Post
according to J.D power chevy is pretty good... as a matter of fact chevy beats out nearly all the "asian" car manufacturers..
and look whos first on there list, a company that produces cars that burst into flames!
Chevy has done a quality job in a cut throat industry in my opinion.
Ask the dead what they think of "stats"
Old 06-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #202
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I have been driving since the 50's and have purchased quite a few new cars; at least 20. I have never had a new car that had as many defects and problems in the first year as I have had with my Camaro. I finally got to the point that I met with the owner of the dealership where I bought it and, after presenting my complaints, the first thing he said was "GM is not going to buy back your car". I don't give a hoot whether or not they do, although at this point I wouldn't mind getting out of it, I just want a $40K car for the $40K that I paid for it. I traded a Mazda Miata for this car and after 32K miles it had only been to the dealer for routine maintenance. The quality was orders of magnitude better than the Camaro. All of my problems do not qualify for the state's Lemon Laws, but it is a lemon in my mind due to all of the problems and the amount of time and trips that I have to expend to get repairs at the dealer.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #203
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by citabria7 View Post
Ask the dead what they think of "stats"
So what is your end-game for the problem? This has become a very circular discussion. Nobody here is denying what happened, and you keep reminding us that people died.

They did die. We all know it. So what's your solution and what is the correct thing to do now?
Old 06-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #204
citabria7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I have been driving since the 50's and have purchased quite a few new cars; at least 20. I have never had a new car that had as many defects and problems in the first year as I have had with my Camaro. I finally got to the point that I met with the owner of the dealership where I bought it and, after presenting my complaints, the first thing he said was "GM is not going to buy back your car". I don't give a hoot whether or not they do, although at this point I wouldn't mind getting out of it, I just want a $40K car for the $40K that I paid for it. I traded a Mazda Miata for this car and after 32K miles it had only been to the dealer for routine maintenance. The quality was orders of magnitude better than the Camaro. All of my problems do not qualify for the state's Lemon Laws, but it is a lemon in my mind due to all of the problems and the amount of time and trips that I have to expend to get repairs at the dealer.
The gen 5 convertibles are a mess, and their hodge pudge responses to the disaster they have with the tops, typifies the GM culture. Some people are trying to divert attention from the original point of the thread. Can GM's reputation for knowingly putting defective, dangerous parts in cars, and then lying in court about what they did, bring down the value and salability of GM cars as a whole? Innocent people died, and GM still puts it's people out to try and shift the blame from GM to the dead and injured. IMO, the vehicles, while some are good, can be a ticking time bomb, and not be backed up by GM. The Solstice is a good example. In addition to the ignition problem, passenger seat airbag sensors are failing, as is the chrome on the interior door handles, slashing hands, and failures of the handles themselves, trapping people in the cars. Many reports have been made, and GM only has taken care of the expensive cars with these problems. So, the question is: can GM be trusted? Since they continue to act like the GM of "old", I think not.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #205
citabria7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
So what is your end-game for the problem? This has become a very circular discussion. Nobody here is denying what happened, and you keep reminding us that people died.

They did die. We all know it. So what's your solution and what is the correct thing to do now?
Rid the company of all those who were involved in the big lie. ALL of them. Take care of the other, existing, known safety problems with the cars, regardless of the price that was paid for them. And keep on taking care of safety problems as they become known. Can't bring the dead back, but sure can change the who gives a damn attitude of the company.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #206
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Rid the company of all those who were involved in the big lie. ALL of them. Take care of the other, existing, known safety problems with the cars, regardless of the price that was paid for them. And keep on taking care of safety problems as they become known. Can't bring the dead back, but sure can change the who gives a damn attitude of the company.
Fair enough, nobody's going to argue against that. And how do we know they made those changes? We wait to see if they kill more people?
Old 06-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #207
SS_Falco

Drives: 2SS 1LE RS. IOM
Quote:
This sounds great, but is this not our reality, how can you so harshly judge a company because of what you read on the internet and what media portrays?
im not denying what they did, but there's far worse problems you could be focusing on...

Fix all the safety concerns? i dont know how many parts there are in an auto mobile but i know you will NEVER fix all the safety concerns, if that was the case we would all be walking because no1 could make a 100% safe car...

how many company's in north america get there products from overseas? from companies that employ children? ( 1,100 of them just died in Bangladesh)
how many farmers are spraying there crops with chemicals and steroids?
these are companies not caring, having a "who gives a damn attitude)
Old 06-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #208
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
The gen 5 convertibles are a mess, and their hodge pudge responses to the disaster they have with the tops, typifies the GM culture. Some people are trying to divert attention from the original point of the thread. Can GM's reputation for knowingly putting defective, dangerous parts in cars, and then lying in court about what they did, bring down the value and salability of GM cars as a whole? Innocent people died, and GM still puts it's people out to try and shift the blame from GM to the dead and injured. IMO, the vehicles, while some are good, can be a ticking time bomb, and not be backed up by GM. The Solstice is a good example. In addition to the ignition problem, passenger seat airbag sensors are failing, as is the chrome on the interior door handles, slashing hands, and failures of the handles themselves, trapping people in the cars. Many reports have been made, and GM only has taken care of the expensive cars with these problems. So, the question is: can GM be trusted? Since they continue to act like the GM of "old", I think not.
Why are you lying? a lot of convertible owners have said millions of times that they haven't had any problems with their tops! Stop making it look like all convertibles are messed up! GM fix the problems in 2012! The fact that one person with a 12+ convertible is having problems don't me all! How can you get all from 1 or a couple? Keep dodging my questions ! You're driving GM so you're part of the problem!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #209
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Falco View Post
This sounds great, but is this not our reality, how can you so harshly judge a company because of what you read on the internet and what media portrays?
im not denying what they did, but there's far worse problems you could be focusing on...

Fix all the safety concerns? i dont know how many parts there are in an auto mobile but i know you will NEVER fix all the safety concerns, if that was the case we would all be walking because no1 could make a 100% safe car...

how many company's in north america get there products from overseas? from companies that employ children? ( 1,100 of them just died in Bangladesh)
how many farmers are spraying there crops with chemicals and steroids?
these are companies not caring, having a "who gives a damn attitude)
Agree
Old 06-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #210
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I would love for you to tell a person with a 2012+ convertible that their car is a mess!

Closed Thread