Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Srbsteve

Drives: 2013 cyber grey LT1 camaro
V6 exhaust

Hey guys I'm probably going to buy the mrt v2 this week but I have to ask, how much louder is it than stock. I picked it because everyone seems to love it but my friend has a v6 mustang with magnaflow straight pipes and it's really awesome, really loud. How would the mrt v2 compare to this and also to the stock camaro exhaust.
Srbsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
Red_Maro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
After the "brake in" period the v2 is very quiet at low rpm but, when you want, it comes alive and is very loud at WOT.
At low rpm is just a little louder than stock but above 2500rpm is definitely much louder.
Red_Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Srbsteve

How does the dynomax or mrt v1 compare?
Old 03-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I have the MRT v2 and I love it. It has a little bit of drone at highway speed, but you barely notice it if you got the radio on. Like Red_Maro said, it comes alive at 2500 rpm, and sounds like muscle for sure I live in San Dimas, CA if you want to come see it for yourself, shoot me a PM.
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
Srbsteve

I don't want it to be really raspy but I like the pops that sometimes come at higher rpms. I am just wondering how much louder the mrt v2 will be than stock at 2.5k-5k rpms. I've heard people say it's deeper but I have never really heard anyone say that it is loud. I'm lookin for loud.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
Srbsteve

I can hear my friends straight pipe mustang from many streets away. Is the mrt like this?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfey View Post
I have the MRT v2 and I love it. It has a little bit of drone at highway speed, but you barely notice it if you got the radio on. Like Red_Maro said, it comes alive at 2500 rpm, and sounds like muscle for sure I live in San Dimas, CA if you want to come see it for yourself, shoot me a PM.
Is the MRT2 loud when you drive at or below 2000 rpm?
Goran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Goran
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbsteve View Post
I can hear my friends straight pipe mustang from many streets away. Is the mrt like this?
I think MRT V1 is..... I'm yet to hear the V2...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
I don't want it to be really raspy but I like the pops that sometimes come at higher rpms. I am just wondering how much louder the mrt v2 will be than stock at 2.5k-5k rpms. I've heard people say it's deeper but I have never really heard anyone say that it is loud. I'm lookin for loud.
You may want to consider the V 1.0 then. It's louder than the V 2.0

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
Srbsteve

Loud Mouth V1 vs MRT v1?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Loud Mouth V1 vs MRT v1?
The Loud Mouth 1 is essentially just a muffler delete. A muffler delete on the V6 does not sound good IMO, so MRT hands down.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
My friends say they can hear me way down the road with the v2 when I punch it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #13
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Is the MRT2 loud when you drive at or below 2000 rpm?
Not really. If someone is is next to you they can tell you have an aftermarket exhaust, but you wont be rattling any windows that low. It's a low, bass note grumble.

At like 4000 rpm, you can set off some car alarms in the parking garage.
My buddy can hear me a few blocks away, even when I'm not pinning (2-3.5k rpm) it.

Like I said before, if you really want to hear it in person, I'd be happy to show you my Camaro, might be worth the drive before you drop a few hundred.
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #14
Goran
SoCal HT5

Thanks Dwarfey,
Please PM me your info maybe we can get tougher this weekend I will love to hear it in person if you don't mind.

I really do not look to rattle any windows, but love to hear nice deep roar (not loud)... Its really hard to get the exhaust right without hearing what you are getting... People can tell you but its all different feedback because everyone has their own preference..

Reason I ask is because I'm looking in to getting the MRT V2, I currently have MRT V1 installed that I will be selling here on the blog.

I did lots of reading here on here, I wanted nice loud exhaust with really nice tone.. and from what I gathered well MRT V1 was it.....I love when its at idle, low RPM ... freaking awesome, but as soon as I get to 2000 RPM its way to loud for my taste, and when I floor it on the freeway .. well its just nice but very loud. On so many Camaro gatherings and events I was asked what other mods I have besides the exhaust because it sounded like crazy good ( but I have no other mods...my engine is only 9 months old and all stock)... so people where very surprised to hear that sound on stock engine.. But like I said its too loud for my personal taste...

So lots of people love and prefer that, I like it a bit toned down, and I think from the reading again here on the blogs MRT V2 is the way to go for my V6..

I just have to find good deal on here for it...Lol..