Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #141
insanity213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
In case anyone is interested the latest part # is 22829143. My dealer ordered one for me on 7/6/16 for $145.28. He had to dig through the notes on 22797218 to find this number. It doesn't actually show as a cross reference, the new part number is just buried in the engineering notes. I installed it today and my HW/SW version is now DB/DF. Hoping this solves all the weirdness I had with my original Cx series PDIM. So far it seems to work just fine without any dealer reprogramming but haven't tested all the features yet. 2010 2SS w/ Boston.

Looks like it's cheaper on GM parts direct, but my parts dude earned his keep by tracking it down for me.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/22829143
insanity213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #142
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks!! I need one to. Mine shorted it somehow. How easy is install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:15 PM   #143
insanity213

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Thanks!! I need one to. Mine shorted it somehow. How easy is install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, hadn't looked at this thread since I posted. Install was fairly easy, just be patient when removing everything so you don't break any clips. The whole center console comes out in 20 minutes if you take your time. Whole job took me about an hour including 2 beers and a quick dinner break on my M6 car. There's 6 or 8 phillips screws and the rest just snaps apart.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:35 AM   #144
KROLIS

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS & 2013 2LT/RS vert
Just installed part #20842731 in my 2010 ls yesterday.
Went to start it this morning, dead battery. Any 1 have this happen or is it just a coincidence?
KROLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #145
tosvus

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, Yellow&Black
I bought an 2010 SS used. It has a USB port but it is dead, as is aux. Also hitting aux multiple times does nothing. Lighter in that console does work. Thinking there is a pdim but it is fried? If I buy a new one would I need to go to the dealer for an update??
tosvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #146
insanity213

Could be the PDIM. Does bluetooth music work? Not phone calls but music.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #147
tosvus

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanity213 View Post
Could be the PDIM. Does bluetooth music work? Not phone calls but music.

Bluetooth music is not working either. On a side note, steering wheel controls to control Bluetooth calls and changing radio channel etc does work.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:22 AM   #148
insanity213

Steering wheel and BT phone are separate from the PDIM. Certainly does sound like your PDIM is angry. Pull the center console and make sure its really there and plugged in. If its missing or broken buy the part number I listed in this thread....or I've got an old C series PDIM I could sell ya...

Old 07-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #149
tosvus

Quote:
Steering wheel and BT phone are separate from the PDIM. Certainly does sound like your PDIM is angry. Pull the center console and make sure its really there and plugged in. If its missing or broken buy the part number I listed in this thread....or I've got an old C series PDIM I could sell ya...

Thanks a lot! I'll check it out and let you know!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #150
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
In case anyone is interested the latest part # is 22829143. My dealer ordered one for me on 7/6/16 for $145.28. He had to dig through the notes on 22797218 to find this number. It doesn't actually show as a cross reference, the new part number is just buried in the engineering notes. I installed it today and my HW/SW version is now DB/DF. Hoping this solves all the weirdness I had with my original Cx series PDIM. So far it seems to work just fine without any dealer reprogramming but haven't tested all the features yet. 2010 2SS w/ Boston.

Looks like it's cheaper on GM parts direct, but my parts dude earned his keep by tracking it down for me.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/22829143
Helpful, thank you! Mine's a 2012 2LT/RS and I show DB/DB, looks like DF is the latest SW. Would be great to learn what was changed between those versions before dropping $100+ but will take the chance it will help if I can find that out...
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #151
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Dealer told me that this part has been superceded (again!) and is now: 23340430

Yet I show it discontinued on many sites. Crazy...
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:44 AM   #152
areslano aresso

Drives: camaro
Woooow !! thank you man this is amazing to know all these informations
in one article
have nice day bro !
jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down
areslano aresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:14 AM   #153
Ashik Rex

Drives: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
This doesn’t cover everything but I tried to get the basics in. If I haven’t answered your question please search and it may have already been answered in another thread. If you feel I’ve missed a common question or have an error or clarification above, let me know!

What audio devices does my car support?
All models come with the Auxiliary input. This allows you to plug in any music playing device that can connect to a pair of a headphones for podcasting. You’ll likely just need a male-male 1/8th inch stereo cable. If you have a 1LT with the C&C package, 2LT, or 2SS you have the PDIM module (explained next). And of course there is that slot you can stick a CD into.

Is there a CD changer available?
Not in the US. Export vehicles (middle east, etc) apparently do come with CD changers. You can, however, create an MP3 CD. Basically you burn your MP3 files onto a CD as data instead of as audio. Through the magic of compression, this will allow you to fit about 15 albums (depending on track length, etc) on a single CD. Editor note: this isn't 1997... who needs a CD changer?

What is this ‘PDIM’ module?
The PDIM (Preferred Device Interface Module) allows you to directly connect many USB-compatible devices to your car to play music. It also allows you to wirelessly play music from a supported device via Bluetooth.

What devices are compatible with the USB port?
Most USB flash drives, 5th Generation iPods and newer, Micrsosoft Zunes, and many “PlaysForSure” devices made by other companies such as Sandisk Sansa players. For more details on which MP3 players are compatible, see this PDF. Note: many older iPods will work however they will function as USB flash drives and not as an iPod. Camaro5 member RandyB put together a nice rundown of some of the various options.

Is there a difference between the various USB devices?
In one word, yes. For the most part, the newer iPods work just fine. However other devices have some issues that are not fixed by any currently available software update. This is because the indexing is handled by the iPod but the Camaro maintains the index of songs for other devices.

What issues are there for non-iPod devices?
Each time the car starts, the PDIM re-indexes the device. Depending on the number of songs and layout of files, this may take anywhere from a few seconds to a couple minutes and you cannot change tracks or browse the device while it is indexing. Also, the Camaro does not remember the previous playlist or “random” setting. When the car starts, it will continue playing the previous song however after that it will continue in alphabetical order. Finally, there is a limit of 2500 songs on a single device. Again, newer iPods do not have these issues.

What file formats are supported on USB flash drives?
MP3 and WMA (non-DRM).

Are playlists supported?
This seems to be rather hit or miss. I have personally been able to get one working but it seems a bit tricky. Your mileage may vary. I believe playlists work just fine on iPods.

Is DRM music supported?
Like playlists, YMMV. It is dependent upon the device you are using to play it. Some PlaysForSure devices are supposed to support this. This should work fine on the supported iPods. Reportedly, Zune Pass music with the ZuneHD does not work.

Can I buy the PDIM module for my 1LS/1LT/1SS?
Yes! Some dealers may not be very good at getting it installed but yes you can. The actual install is relatively trivial however the head unit must be updated by a dealership in order to recognize the PDIM. This is the same hardware that’s included in the other cars but does not add the steering wheel controls.

So what’s the deal with Bluetooth?
There are two separate Bluetooth modules. One is in the OnStar unit. This is what allows you to make and receive hands-free phone calls. It is included in the same cars that include the PDIM module. It acts just like a regular Bluetooth headset. The second one is part of the PDIM module. This allows supported devices (Smartphones for the most part) to stream music over Bluetooth to the car’s speakers. This is very similar to plugging your device into the auxiliary port in that the music is controlled from the device and not the head unit. However, some devices may support track forward/reverse from the head unit.

If I buy the PDIM module will that let me make phone calls via bluetooth?
No, it will not. As stated above, there are two separate modules. You will, however be able to play music via Bluetooth over your car speakers. BUT, you can swap out the OnStar module for the one that includes Bluetooth and add it that way. (thread explaining this)

My PDIM doesn’t seem to be working!
Make sure the device you’re plugging in functions. If it does, even if there’s no music on it the car should display “Unsupported device”. If you continue to have problems, take it in to your dealer as there may be a loose connection or the PDIM could need to be replaced.

I have one of the early Camaros, is there a software update available?
Yes, the first cars had software version CC. There was a version CD available to dealers briefly. The current version CE began shipping from the factory sometime in July 2009. This fixes some issues mainly with iPods and some stability issues here and there. You can obtain this by visiting your dealership and asking them to install it (it is covered under warranty). They may have trouble finding the update so as with many other things, YMMV. It is available and several people have been able to get theirs updated.

How can I tell what software version I have?
While on the screen for a USB device, press and hold the menu button for a few seconds. A screen should pop up with the HW and SW versions.

Where are the 9 speakers in the Boston Acoustics system?
The math is a bit fuzzy but…
1 in each door
1 tweeter on each door
1 center speaker
2 rear speakers which include a main speaker and a tweeter (totaling 4 speakers)

Can I replace the head unit?
Metra has a double-din head unit replacement kit available. https://metradealer.com/api/vfg/view...ct/id/99-3010S
If you’re looking for headphones that provide excellent sound clarity, comfort, and durability for your podcast requirements, then you don’t need to look any further.
Ashik Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #154
avagracie

Drives: ...
I have a great experience of camaro zl1, according to my point of view its amazing or reliable, but last month i book a taxi from Alltownslimo the company sent a limo
(Cadillac XTS Limousine ) it's also really good and comfortable.
The conclusion that i noticed the cadilac XTS is more better option.
avagracie is offline   Reply With Quote