Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
RSOWNER1976

Drives: 2014 V6 Camaro RS
Newbie with Exhaust Question

Hey guys! I just purchased a 2014 V6 RS. It came with the upgraded quad tip exhaust. Problem I’m having, is finding an after market exhaust that is designed for the quad tip exhaust in that year and model. The only thing I’ve had recommended is to have a shop build me a custom exhaust. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same challenges or suggestions? Thanks!!
RSOWNER1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I had a custom exhaust built, partly because I wanted the quad tips, but to be honest I did not look too hard into aftermarket exhausts so I'm not sure how many come with quad tips, if any. However, I believe most if not all exhausts for the SS (or ZL1 and Z28?) fit the V6 as well, so you could go that route (pretty sure some come with quad tips). Here is where I bought my tips from: http://tips.byethost4.com/dualindividual.html?i=1
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Talk with Steve from Solo. They can weld on the appropriate tips without issue.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #4
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
If you can find a good exhaust shop, they can make almost anything work. My 2010 V6 had the mrt v1 with 4'' quad tips, so choose your favorite exhaust. gl,

Derrian

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
RSOWNER1976

Hey guys! Thanks for the suggestions. One of my brothers on the fire dept referred me to his friend’s shop tonight, so hopefully I’ll have her breathing and sounding meaner in no time! I’ll be sure to post progress. Just had my CAI intake delivered today, so I’ll be throwing that on this weekend. Hoping to have an an exhaust figured out by mid November, then gonna save for a TB and LT headers, then have it tuned and ready to go by spring!!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:22 AM   #6
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
I believe the 14s and 15s are the same. My RS V6 has the quad tips as stock, so it might be easier to find as a '15. I've checked and they are out there as kits.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSOWNER1976 View Post
Hey guys! Thanks for the suggestions. One of my brothers on the fire dept referred me to his friend’s shop tonight, so hopefully I’ll have her breathing and sounding meaner in no time! I’ll be sure to post progress. Just had my CAI intake delivered today, so I’ll be throwing that on this weekend. Hoping to have an an exhaust figured out by mid November, then gonna save for a TB and LT headers, then have it tuned and ready to go by spring!!
The LFX engine (2012 - 2015 V6) has integrated exhaust manifolds (headers built into the cylinder head) so you cannot install headers. Check under the hood and you will see just a single pipe bolted to either side of the engine as opposed to manifolds. With that said, there are a few companies that make downpipes (high-flow cats) for the LFX; I plan to go with Solo Performance as theirs come with a resonator.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
Old 10-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
RSOWNER1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
The LFX engine (2012 - 2015 V6) has integrated exhaust manifolds (headers built into the cylinder head) so you cannot install headers. Check under the hood and you will see just a single pipe bolted to either side of the engine as opposed to manifolds. With that said, there are a few companies that make downpipes (high-flow cats) for the LFX; I plan to go with Solo Performance as theirs come with a resonator.
Thanks for the input my man. I actually saw that when researching after the post. What kind of added sound/performance would you expect from the Solo DP’s?
Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSOWNER1976 View Post
Thanks for the input my man. I actually saw that when researching after the post. What kind of added sound/performance would you expect from the Solo DP’s?
Can't say about the downpipes as I do not have them (yet) but I imagine they'd be a bit louder and deeper due to the greater flow and resonators. I believe they add around 15 HP and lb/tq to the wheels, so pretty solid.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Dual tips are not a option its a option that was; NPP dual mode exhaust and began in the SS from the ZL1 first of all... You want more sound you could simply remove the dual modes fuse to keep them open what many SS owners do from he fuse box behind the side panel in the passenger side trunk.... or they install a forza three way or mild to wild switch...Dual mode is louder at idle then quieter in stock mode until it reaches a RPM if you have it you would have actuators hooked to the exhaust at the mufflers.....FYI... its a 750 option.....for dual tips...….