Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-24-2021, 06:30 AM   #1
tyresmoker

Drives: '13 ZL1 Ragtop
Finally!!!!

After years of reading this forum and searching....I picked up my '13, 8k original mile, one owner, 6-speed ragtop yesterday! WHAT A BEAST!!!! Look forward to enjoying thoroughly!!
tyresmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:39 AM   #2
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Congrats

Post pics
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, DynoSteve tune, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, heritage grill, jre dipstick mod

Complete street performance appointment booked - Cam, tsp CNC heads and converter.
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:09 AM   #3
Limelight

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 coupe
Congrats! I picked up my low mileage 2013 ZL1 coupe in June last summer and love it. Can’t wait to get it out of storage next week!
Old 03-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #4
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
You're going to love it. Know it's power and limitations before you punch it or push it please.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:26 AM   #5
tyresmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
You're going to love it. Know it's power and limitations before you punch it or push it please.
Totally agree! I had a '17 mildly modified Grand Cherokee SRT as a daily driver for a couple of years. That was fast enough and fun, but this is a whole new situation!!!
Old 03-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #6
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Congratulations and let's see pictures!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:05 AM   #7
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyresmoker View Post
Totally agree! I had a '17 mildly modified Grand Cherokee SRT as a daily driver for a couple of years. That was fast enough and fun, but this is a whole new situation!!!
I frequent the GT500 boards, and they have a bunch of crashes...don't like to see that. Apparently, we have a more mature, prudent crowd here.

Some may disagree with this, but decades ago I drove my motorcycle one whole Wisconsin winter. When I first got my Z, I drove it on the oem tires for almost an entire year...best analogy I have is greased plastic. A bit frustrating, but one learns the [limited] parameters of the vehicle's power under those conditions. When mastered, then get some tires that hook. Either way, I hate seeing accidents.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #8
tyresmoker

Quote:
I frequent the GT500 boards, and they have a bunch of crashes...don't like to see that. Apparently, we have a more mature, prudent crowd here.

Some may disagree with this, but decades ago I drove my motorcycle one whole Wisconsin winter. When I first got my Z, I drove it on the oem tires for almost an entire year...best analogy I have is greased plastic. A bit frustrating, but one learns the [limited] parameters of the vehicle's power under those conditions. When mastered, then get some tires that hook. Either way, I hate seeing accidents.
Yeah, on the other side of 50 here, according to the DoB on my license...Grew up in the hills of CT driving my Mustang GT with Goodyear Gatorbacks..Would not switch over to the snows until it would start flying because I didn't like the looks of the 14" winter wheels...!
Old 03-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #9
Limelight

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 coupe
Quote:
When I first got my Z, I drove it on the oem tires for almost an entire year...best analogy I have is greased plastic. A bit frustrating, but one learns the [limited] parameters of the vehicle's power under those conditions. When mastered, then get some tires that hook.
What is the general consensus for the best tires to replace the OEM Eagle F1s?

This is my first high performance summer toy and I completely respect the power it has. Although I like the fact that its terrifying, I know Im nowhere near ready to test its limits because of that fact - kinda like being on a crazy roller coaster but not taking your hands off the bar...

I definitely get ass shimmy when I goose it a bit. I like the feeling of the rear tires breaking loose but so far the car has always wanted to point straight vs the proverbial Mustang 90 degree crowd videos. But it would be nice for the tires to hook better. When necessary, Id like to replace them with something better.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:21 PM   #10
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
What is the general consensus for the best tires to replace the OEM Eagle F1s?
For most of the year I use Conti Extremes. Those hook very well in cooler weather w/ stock power. When it's above 70' I install my 17" MT Street R's.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #11
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Just wait till you start modding it. Then it’s really easy to loose it. I’m going to try the new nitto 555r2 on some race star recluse 18” rims
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 1-7/8 headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ AFCO with fans/ prospeed tank/ fic 850/ dsx aug kit/ 103mm throttle body/ jlt 5 intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/ roto-fab brake duct/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2 lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq @17.3lb on a loaded dyno. tuned by New Age Hotrods.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:41 PM   #12
Bigtime53

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Congrats and welcome to the party here! This site has some great guys who will answer questions and help you anytime if you need answers. Yes please drive your car careful as even with stock power it can get away from you pretty fast. On the tire question I have ran the goodyears and the michelin and another brand but I have found the nitto 555 tires to be the best. They stick really well and ride good also. The goodyear tires to me are not worth having. Enjoy the car and again congrats.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #13
tyresmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the party here! This site has some great guys who will answer questions and help you anytime if you need answers. Yes please drive your car careful as even with stock power it can get away from you pretty fast. On the tire question I have ran the goodyears and the michelin and another brand but I have found the nitto 555 tires to be the best. They stick really well and ride good also. The goodyear tires to me are not worth having. Enjoy the car and again congrats.
Thank you!!! Kinda funny, I started my search years ago wanting only blue ray, then gray or silver...But this black one came along and it had the history I was looking for...So a black one it is! After just a couple of days of ownership..I am realizing it is a great color for the personality of the car!!!
Old 03-24-2021, 04:29 PM   #14
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Congrats! Black is an awesome color! Have fun and drive the car.
BTR Stage 3 Blower Cam, Trunion upgrade, LPE 2.38"/8.66", DSX aux kit w/FF sensor, Speed Engineering 1 7/8 Headers no cats, Roto-Fab CAI, FIC 1000 injectors, MSD plug wires. Brick Mod, Gforce ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Moroso Catch Can, 160 degree thermostat. 801whp/741wtq on e85
12oclockshadow is offline   Reply With Quote