Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #15
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Really though. I was on the line in that thread we were having fun back and forth and most added good information on what to do (count me in on that one). In a muscle car forum no less...jeez...as i posted on the thread i'll know what to look for from now on and what to avoid. "Lesson Learned"
Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #16
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I totally agree Banshee, but free speech doesn't work here unless every member is a paid member. . . You are using the forum under some one else dime.

It would be the same as going into a business and if that business doesn't like what you are saying they can kick you out. . . .

But I totally agree though. . . . how about the thread for chicks in sweet pants. . . that's a little out of hand yet nothing is done with that.
I completely understand this forum is what it is...

I also understand that if one person is offended, as this member was, I suggested he not visit this thread indicating that I avoid threads which offend me.

My issue is that the original thread, in it's original flow of contributors was nowhere near as offensive as scores of other topics.

I made my counterpoints to the offended party with respect, politeness and with factual basis for his perception of immaturity shown within that thread. I only wished I had saved these responses to show you that although I am in no position to "correct" someones opinion, there is a certain edict that if you offend someone within the thread he has issue with by calling him immature, he himself is just as culpable. You can't break the "rules" to make your perception of appropriateness enforcable.

For the record, I was not the one that was called immature nor did I personally make ANY harmful reference as I have 2 cats myself. I found humor inthe posts, yet the offended party did not.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
It's like messing with a guys fuel door....
Old 11-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #18
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
It's like messing with a guys fuel door....
Uh huh...Just wait till 2011 Scotty...I got sumpin for you...unlike you who promises, yet can't deliver......

My cheese curd.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #19
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Truth be told, I though it was a women that was not happy with the postings. Most people care for animals but can just as well kid about things. If not a woman then chivalry may have been the MO with added points for same. my2.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #20
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Uh huh...Just wait till 2011 Scotty...I got sumpin for you...unlike you who promises, yet can't deliver......

My cheese curd.
Send me your address again via FB.... I DO have something for you!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Hmm. Let me get this straight. People talk about killing an animal and you get mad when we delete it? You can't assume that no one will really do it. I didn't delete it, but imo its just in bad taste. All the people complaining here never complain about the things they find "offensive". So why not just help us keep this forum clean and family friendly like it always is?
Banshee I may be confusing you with someone else, but you are a leo, right? Do you really think that there aren't a few loose screws running around here. Sure, some comments are in good fun, but you can't assume everyone is an outstanding citizen. Also, as an leo you would understand that if we let everything go, there would be anarchy and no control and it would just take away from the site and what we are here to talk about.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #22
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Every member is free to report something that he/she considers offensive or inappropriate (including you if something should offend you). We then make the determination whether it's something that we feel is inappropriate for this forum. Can it be a somewhat arbitrary and personal standard, sure, but is it our standard. And all members' posts are subject to these standards.

Are all offensive posts reported or spotted by a mod or admin? Not likely as the forum receives thousands of posts a day. Is it hypocrisy if we should delete one offensive/inappropriate post (which we happen to catch or is reported) but miss another (which we don't catch or is not reported)... I think not.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I make decisions to remove content because the content violates the rules. If you pay to be here, I'll still give you an infraction. Money has no impact on who I infract.

I have no interest in censoring content or members aside from maintaining the culture of the site. I only remove content that hurts the community. We have a culture here, and I want to keep it as friendly as possible.
warn 145:159 ban
Closed Thread