Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Phone mount recommendation - Tetrax Xway

I've been searching for a few months for a nice looking mount for my iPhone. I didn't want an ugly arm or suction cup on my windshield and I didn't want to spend $100 for a proclip which I also still find a little intrusive.

I bought this Tetrax Xway system from Amazon for about $35 and I think it's great. Just install a peel and stick brass colored metal square anywhere you want on the dash (see photo). You also install one of several sized peel and stick clips that are provided onto the back of your phone or case and that's it. It then clips securely in place and you can remove all but the brass square when not in use since everything attaches via magnets. You can also easily view in portrait or landscape and it gives you a little play with the angle when needed.

I'm holding my iPod up so you can see how it looks with the phone because I used my iPhone to take the photo and haven't put a mount on the iPod yet. I think you'll get the idea though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
T3hlulzkiller

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
I would be hesitant to have my data-storage device pressed against a magnet
T3hlulzkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
jeremy3721

Magnets don't affect flash based data storage. Probably not a good idea for a older hard drive based iPod but all the touch based iPods and iPhones have flash, solid state memory.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Looks nice! See you listening to Eric Church...just saw him in concert here at Auburn's Alpha Psi Rodeo Saturday night...amazing show!

Do you just have it mounted to have it mounted? Or do you use its "GPS?" I just set my phone in the cupholder when playing music through it.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
jeremy3721

Ive been keeping my phone in the cup holder as well but I'm just trying to minimize anything that could take my eyes off the road and I use my cup holders for cups GPS is one of the main reasons I have it.

Yes, Eric Church rocks! Especially live.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Why the need to Mount it??

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
jeremy3721

Do I need to clarify? . I use GPS on my phone and I prefer to have it mounted so I can see the screen without looking down. I also like to have a spot for my phone other than the cup holder or buried in the console.

Some people like to mount their phone, some don't.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izach26 View Post
Why the need to Mount it??
To look cool.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
I thought that was what the 2nd cup holder was for. Personally I dont want anything 'stuck' fo any part of my car that does not come off easily. That's just my preference. But, if it works for you; good job.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Yeah...can't say I'm a fan of sticking stuff to the dash either. Hopefully it stays on there good for you.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Just purchased this from Amazon. After looking at all the different phone mounting options this seems like the one that is neat/clean/unobtrusive and provides ample options for mounting location. I want to minimize blocking my vents, as I love blasting the air conditioner! The mount got some great reviews on youtube as well. Thanks for the info!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post

ve been searching for a few months for a nice looking mount for my iPhone. I didn't want an ugly arm or suction cup on my windshield and I didn't want to spend $100 for a proclip which I also still find a little intrusive.

I bought this Tetrax Xway system from Amazon for about $35 and I think it's great. Just install a peel and stick brass colored metal square anywhere you want on the dash (see photo). You also install one of several sized peel and stick clips that are provided onto the back of your phone or case and that's it. It then clips securely in place and you can remove all but the brass square when not in use since everything attaches via magnets. You can also easily view in portrait or landscape and it gives you a little play with the angle when needed.

I'm holding my iPod up so you can see how it looks with the phone because I used my iPhone to take the photo and haven't put a mount on the iPod yet. I think you'll get the idea though

BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:14 AM   #12
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Two years late. ..but glad you liked the Tetrax mount, Jeremy, and you're welcome

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=17

That said, in the last two years a number of companies have jumped on the magnetic mounts bandwagon and I'm thinking of changing mine, probably to SCOSCHE, which is $15 on amazon.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #13
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
I use proclip... Custom mounts for all vehicles and phones.. The camaro one that mounts off the center console is great . No drilling no stickers or magnets to risk your data too .

http://www.proclipusa.com/?gclid=CI7...FROTfgodl0oAJg
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote