Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Eagle Eyes HID help.

Hey everyone. So I took my camaro (2010, 1LT Non-RS with eagle eyes) to my normal electronics guy and he offered to put HIDs in my car for $150. Unfortunately, the lights came on haphazardly first time so they tied the HIDs to the fog lights to try to get around the problem. It still didn't work. I asked and they said they used a relay harness and even a high power relay to try to make it work.

I took it in today to get it fixed and a different guy hooked them up to the parking lights. It worked in the garage but pretty much immediately after I left only one light or the other would come one, not to mention I lost the ability to only turn my halos on, the driver's side halo does not come on when I lock/unlock the car, and I have no high-beams. I'm at a wit's end here. I don't know what they did and I know several people have successfully added HID's to eagle eyes so unless my car is cursed they aren't doing something right. At this point I kinda want them to just go back to the halogen setup before they keep messing with the wiring. What could they be doing wrong? And I realize this is much easier with pictures but where they secured the ballasts I can't really get a good shot of anything. I does look like the main power cable feeds directly from the positive terminal and into the ballasts then relay? Again hard to tell.

I would like HID's though. Ideally, I would like to keep my drl functionality but that is not a huge deal. Should I just DIY it? I bought the eagles eyes before they ever offered an HID version.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
luis550

Drives: 2013 2lt
do a search on how to install eagle eyes on this site. There are plenty of people that show how they wired their headlights. I can take pictures of my wiring when i get home and sent them to you if you would like...
as far as your DRL do you want the headlights to come on? or do you want to switch it to your fogs?
luis550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis550 View Post
do a search on how to install eagle eyes on this site. There are plenty of people that show how they wired their headlights. I can take pictures of my wiring when i get home and sent them to you if you would like...
as far as your DRL do you want the headlights to come on? or do you want to switch it to your fogs?

Thanks I would appreciate that. I've had the eagle eyes for a few years now and they work fine. Trying to add an HID kit has been headache inducing.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
luis550

Drives: 2013 2lt
read this
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=install
luis550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis550 View Post
The install depends on the type of HID kit: was it HIGH/LOW HID KIT or a single beam HID kit?

Since I also have eagle eyes with high beam control in the headlight housing, I went with an H9 HID kit and used an ebay $10 relay to power it. But to overcome the daytime flickering, I had to add this capacitor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-WARNING-...8fd477&vxp=mtr
Old 05-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
SixCyl

Sweet, I'll keep this mind. Thanks everyone.

Tags
drl, eagle eyes, hid