Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #43
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
depends where the leak is lol. get the car smoke checked by a shop
I want to thank everyone for their knowledge and contributions to the forum. I've learned a great deal of information to take into consideration. Knowledge is power! Knowing is half the battle now. Before I take it into a shop for a smoke test. I'm first going to clean the mass air flow sensor and throttle body.

Last edited by Camaro_Fuzion; 05-28-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #44
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
Might wanna clean your mass air and throttle body too. I know of an old school trick with finding a vac leak with some throttle body cleaner . Donít know if thatíll still work , but spraying around vacuum lines if the motor sucks it up youíll notice the Rpm jump . But be careful where you spray though ..I donít know about the o2ís extensions . I know I had to get my o2 tuned out by my tuner when I installed my long tube headers , I didnít have cats though .. I know my local muffler shops uses them o2 extensions it is hit and miss though as to where the extensions will clear codes .. hope this helps .

Also over oiling youíre on filter can dirty up your mass air and cause problems too .. thatís why I try and get the dry filters .. oiling filters are a pain in the ass lol

Question? Can I remove the throttle body from my vehicle to perform the cleaning from front to back? Or just spray inside it with the engine off or on? What is the best practice for a 2010 Camaro 2SS?
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #45
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
Question? Can I remove the throttle body from my vehicle to perform the cleaning from front to back? Or just spray inside it with the engine off or on? What is the best practice for a 2010 Camaro 2SS?
clean it with the engine off lol carb cleaner is basically fuel. i used a toothbrush when it's real gunky otherwise just a shop rag. the SS probably has a drive-by-wire and you don't want to force open a throttle plate where it is controlled by a motor. some vehicles will let you open the throttle plate with the key on and engine off if you have someone step on the gas pedal (or get a pedal depressor) but i'm not sure about the camaro. you may have to command it open with a scan tool.

in my experience you can sometimes get away with forcing them open, but often they can come out of calibration or cause problems later.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote