Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
...back from Milford ("Disciples Meeting"), ...my thoughts.

...to the admins, ...if there is another thread started on this that I overlooked, ...feel free to move there.

We're physically back from Milford, ...but I can honestly say, ...mentally my mind is still racing with all that we were able to experience.

The one thing that sticks with this trip, ...is the things we can not say. I know that may sound 'lame', ...but there's good reason GM does NOT want things leaked.
For the times we've been to Milford we have an have not at times been allowed to bring our cameras to take pics. It's catch-22 though, ...since if you can bring your camera, ..you can get some really cool shots. On the other hand, ...if we're told to leave them behind (as was the case this trip), ...well, ...you get to see some really cool stuff.

So, ..some thoughts, in no particular order:

- Is chevy working on a certain model Camaro?
...we can't say for sure, ... and neither will they.
- Chevy is constantly looking at and working on it's offerings, ...we saw some of that in motion. What we could see and hear? ...as has been said before, ...keep the faith. I think good things are to come...
- The level of passion the engineering and product team has, is without a doubt, ...second to NONE. They are absolutely committed to getting things right.
- Are they listening? ...you bet they are. When we hear the level of scrutiny they place on each and every issue, ...it amazes me. As we sat there discussing things, ...they ARE taking notes, ...AND taking action.
Will the car have every thing every person wants? ...no. But there is NO question in my mind that they are doing every possible thing they can so that this car is the BEST in it's class and pleases as many as possible.

- There is NO question the team is WELL AWARE of what the competition has, ......AND they are playing offense.

As for the experience, ...surreal in so many ways. Meeting with old friends is priceless, ... being given exposure to GM's world at Milford, ...and getting to test drive the latest and greatest, ...it's a real life fantasy.
Again, ...in no particlular order:

-we got to drive the convertible. It looks great with the top up, ...and even better with it down ; ). The attention the engineers are giving this is literally amazing. For those of you waiting for the vert, ...rest assured nothing is being compromised.
-One of the most EYE OPENING experiences for me, ...was (believe it or not), ....driving..... a Mustang GT convertible (6sp). The one thing that CLEARLY stood out for me was, ...the suspension seemed so unpredictable. If you drive the Camaro it was just much more balanced.

- the CTSV coupe is an amazing machine, If you just think luxury, ...you are going to be shocked at the power, .....WOW!
- The Grand Sport is awsome, ...it's a vette, you expect performance but this thing really sits you in your seat, ...loved it!

...I know the above doesn't share many details, ...but it was reiterated to us, ...the importance of not giving your gameplan to the competition. Think about it, ...if we were to sit here and ellaborate on the specifics, ...don't think for a second the others wouldn't be taking detailed notes to one up GM. Right now, ...from what we can see, ...that is not, and will not be the case.

In the end, ...I know it's been said before, but, ... KEEP THE FAITH

Kevin

Last edited by KevinK; 08-24-2010 at 06:22 PM.
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Old 08-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Old 08-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Kevin - -it was GREAT to spend the weekend with you and the other Disciples.

(the 12 Disciples of which there are 15)

Your note is safe and there have been no dispatched.

There's nothing we'd like to do better than to have everyone out to Milford to see 'stuff' -

....but friends - this business continues to get MORE competitive- not less - and we can ill afford to tip our hand to anyone. That's why the Disciples signed a comprehensive "Confidentiality Affidavit" -- and they understand that we WILL use if need be. (not to mention some very large burly men showing up at 2am........)

I can assure you that none of the Disciples 'hold back' - they are all extremely passionate about Camaros and Firebirds and Corvettes. That's why they were selected -- not to mention that they are well-known in the community. They come from a wide variety of backgrounds - 2 from Canada, 8 men, 7 women, all Camaro Generations plus a Firebird Guy and Gal - and a Corvette Gal. They have brought forth your comments - and in fact we're going to have another discussion simply because there was not enough time to talk about each topic that you - our valued enthusiast (and I don't use that term lightly) want us to hear.

And yes, we had a new Mustang GT convertible at the track so that they could drive stuff back-to-back. We buy lots of cars and trucks simply because if we are to build the world's best cars and trucks, we need to constantly benchmark and know the competition -- both strengths and weaknesses........that is one way you will win in the marketplace...and we don't intend to lose.

So - I guess I need to trot out that old saying that I used for many years........

Have faith!.....
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I know you didn't disclose much but I am very happy with what i read about the 'vert
Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Thank you for all the input you guys give GM. I also am glad there are .
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You guys are doing great work! Keep the faith.

You need to let me take you to lunch when you're next in Chicago, fbodfather. You might be surprised by what we have in common.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
This is the BEST time to be a Chevy dealer. The level of quality in these new products is unbelievable. The only question I have is how much do I need to save for the one you're not talking about!! I'm currently designing my 3 car (Camaro) garage.

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 08-24-2010 at 07:12 PM.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
To Scott and the Disciples,
Just picked my 2011 LS up last night, what a great car. I love driving my 68 or 73, both are highly modified, but the NEW gen Camaro, WOW.
Thank everyone involved from the janitor to engineers to the line workers.
I thought at first sight it was a great looking Camaro, not to retro and not over the top modern.
Have wanted one since I saw the concept years ago(it's been that long...wow) and now I have one.
My very first Camaro was a 250 inline 6 cylinder, 1967, that I bought in 1977.
This LS model is fantastic, and for the price, how can I lose?
It will be a daily driver, 5-6 days a week at appx. 120 miles per day. Boy is it going to be FUN going to and from work!
Hope to see some of you as I travel I-96 and 696!

Again, thanks to all involved in this GREAT automobile!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Just picked my 2011 LS up last night, what a great car. I love driving my 68 or 73, both are highly modified, but the NEW gen Camaro, WOW.
Thank everyone involved from the janitor to engineers to the line workers.
I thought at first sight it was a great looking Camaro, not to retro and not over the top modern.
Have wanted one since I saw the concept years ago(it's been that long...wow) and now I have one.
My very first Camaro was a 250 inline 6 cylinder, 1967, that I bought in 1977.
This LS model is fantastic, and for the price, how can I lose?
It will be a daily driver, 5-6 days a week at appx. 120 miles per day. Boy is it going to be FUN going to and from work!
Hope to see some of you as I travel I-96 and 696!

Again, thanks to all involved in this GREAT automobile!
And thank YOU for all you do for the camaro community! (...I won't 'out' you as I don't know if you want people to know who you are-- ) but we're grateful that you once again chose GM and I'll be looking for a Silver LS with a driver with "Perma-Grin!"
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I like this thread......

Just sayin....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
...My very first Camaro was a 250 inline 6 cylinder, 1967, that I bought in 1977...
...too ironic ...the only difference, ...mine was a '68 (250 6 cylinder,...AND purchased in 1977 . Was hooked ever since
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great stuff..... Thanks to all the Disciples, fbodfather, and all involved with making the Camaro the best car on the planet!

Love it so much, my son and I both have Camaro's (me a 2010 and him a 2011)

raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Disciple Team:

Thank you for the updated post. While we would all certainly like to have more of the "inside scoop" or additional information, we all understand why this is not at all possible.

It's reassuring to know that GM is listening, and I expected no less. They have assembled an outstanding "team Camaro". I think that speaks volumes considering where they were only one year ago. Plus building a quality, economical pure muscle car is hopefully contributing toward their bottom line while at the same time keeping smiles (Permagrins) on owner's faces.

I can honestly say, I'm Proud to own a General Motors vehicle again.

We "Camaro Nation", are Keeping the Faith. Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote