Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #43
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark
 
LSxJunkie's Avatar
 
Drives: RX350
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3L Hell
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Dots of light that illuminate when the door opens (which is kinda pointless imo), or a full glow beneath the car whenever you want...

I'll take the full glow that I can turn on or off at my choosing.

Make those dots of light available at any time and they could be interesting. Otherwise I have to disagree that spotlights are any better(or worse).
A lot of cars have puddle lights that illuminate the area around the car when you unlock it. It's a safety thing, for those of us who use dark parking lots, have to go to their cars alone at night, or drop things while getting in their cars. A lot of the Lexus line has them now. The reason they get a pass in my book is because they're functional, not cosmetic. The only point of underglow is to draw attention to your car while you're driving around and honestly, these days, most people will just be laughing at you or shaking their heads in disdain, depending on how nice your car is. I have no need for that kind of attention, or any attention at all for that matter. There is no reason to try to make my car look like it's floating on a bed of light, or whatever exactly the initial pitch was for underglow.
__________________
What is this, CorvetteForum Lite?
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #44
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...
 
DntWrryBeHappy21's Avatar
 
Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 403
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Dots of light that illuminate when the door opens (which is kinda pointless imo), or a full glow beneath the car whenever you want...

I'll take the full glow that I can turn on or off at my choosing.

Make those dots of light available at any time and they could be interesting. Otherwise I have to disagree that spotlights are any better(or worse).
i think the dots of light give it a highend type look while the full glow would give it a more ricey look (Not saying itll look like a ricer i think it would look good) but the dots of light i wouldnt mind just for fun...
__________________


One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #45
2011ssgradprsnt
 
Drives: 95 pont ga v6 sdn/2011 ss vert
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SW OHIO
Posts: 19
Round here in ohio the only people that put neon under are hillbillies or ricers but they are generally one in the same in these parts, save the time, effort, and wire splicing and exnay the idea
2011ssgradprsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #46
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark
 
LSxJunkie's Avatar
 
Drives: RX350
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3L Hell
Posts: 555
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ricekiller#

This is what car guys think of neons.
__________________
What is this, CorvetteForum Lite?
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #47
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Show car MAybe, performance car that i can take to the track? i dont want the weight.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #48
Nexus6
More human than human
 
Nexus6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The mouth of hell
Posts: 1,890
The magnacharger will prevent me from noticing your lights under the car
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #49
TorrentRS
No, Not the Pontiac.
 
Drives: Parent's 84 Chevy Fug-lebrity.
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Windsor, CA. Not even windy.
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
You can’t be serious, Michel Night. lol,lol,lol.
If you are going to do that then make sure the car can talk back to you.

That camaro would have pwned Knight Rider.
TorrentRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #50
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ricekiller#

This is what car guys think of neons.
im sorry but he is a simpleton, not that i dont agree that neons dont belong on performance cars, but his use of profanity means he doesnt have much going on up stairs.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #51
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ricekiller#

This is what car guys think of neons.
Are all 'car guys' as idiotic as that guy?

While I can agree with some of the interior 'upgrades' to that Camaro being unneeded, I actually think on the outside (with the blue glow beneath the car) looks great...

Do people really think that guy is funny?
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #52
TRIXXTERR
 
TRIXXTERR's Avatar
 
Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas, Fla
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Are all 'car guys' as idiotic as that guy?

While I can agree with some of the interior 'upgrades' to that Camaro being unneeded, I actually think on the outside (with the blue glow beneath the car) looks great...

Do people really think that guy is funny?
Yeah Thats Jared.. He Owns Ricekiller.com. And yes He IS ALWAYS like that in the few vids i have seen. But Of The Videos I have seen it was ALWAYS one of his Buddies cars he was making fun of.... Not Sure If ANYONE thinks he is funny or not..

I remember the First time I saw One Of His Videos, I Kept waiting to see someone come out and Beat him for Ragging On their car.. Found out later they were all cars belonging to his friends, and it was a big joke..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FbodFather
Remember- "It ain't ready 'til it's ready!" Just because we show it to you early, doesn’t mean it’s ready.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #53
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Yeah Thats Jared.. He Owns Ricekiller.com. And yes He IS ALWAYS like that in the few vids i have seen. But Of The Videos I have seen it was ALWAYS one of his Buddies cars he was making fun of.... Not Sure If ANYONE thinks he is funny or not..

I remember the First time I saw One Of His Videos, I Kept waiting to see someone come out and Beat him for Ragging On their car.. Found out later they were all cars belonging to his friends, and it was a big joke..
so in all reality he is a fake since he hangs out with a bunch of ricers. it was probably his camaro.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #54
TRIXXTERR
 
TRIXXTERR's Avatar
 
Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas, Fla
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
It was probably his camaro.
More Than Likely, Or A Friends Car..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FbodFather
Remember- "It ain't ready 'til it's ready!" Just because we show it to you early, doesn’t mean it’s ready.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #55
99SSragtop
 
99SSragtop's Avatar
 
Drives: SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 51
Neon's, stay away from me.
99SSragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets make fun of ricers. TonytheTiger Off-topic Discussions 466 09-05-2011 12:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.