Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #323
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,558
Looks great! Nice shots with the camera! Those close ups make me want to walk outside and stare at my Halos, lol!!!!

I think I've said it before but the heritage grill looks awesome!!!


And hey, those rims don't look half bad! Those tires look mean as hell though! haha!
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #324
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
thanks! look forward to seeing yours!
ok so not only is the car nice, DAMN is that house nice... Im moving in... Ill cook, and share my camaro
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #325
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
ok so not only is the car nice, DAMN is that house nice... Im moving in... Ill cook, and share my camaro
CGM and CFM would go nicely in the driveway together!
And you won't have to store the camaro for winter when you're down here!
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #326
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
CGM and CFM would go nicely in the driveway together!
And you won't have to store the camaro for winter when you're down here!
I think we can swing this.... not sure how I break it to my wife though...
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #327
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
I think we can swing this.... not sure how I break it to my wife though...


You: "Honey, what do you think of putting the house up for sale?"

Her: "WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!"
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #328
dwcamaro1980
 
dwcamaro1980's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS camaro
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: idaho
Posts: 33
i got my 45th and i love it
airraid intake and got my Pypes catback on the way with a rx air oil seperator en-route
dwcamaro1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #329
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcamaro1980 View Post
i got my 45th and i love it
airraid intake and got my Pypes catback on the way with a rx air oil seperator en-route
Congrats man! Post some pics when you get a chance! Good thinking on the RX separator. I've yet to order one and I'm still kicking myself for waiting!

You should get a great sound from the catback and CAI!
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #330
Hendu
 
Hendu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SW Minnesota
Posts: 316
If the bottom grill was the same as the ls/lt models, I probably wouldn't mind the original one so much. However; I do love the heritage a ton and am glad it was my first mod. I wasn't ready to go with a different after market one.

You're right that the rims aren't horrible. I went to 19's and the treads are incredible. The few days of snow we did have scared me at first based on past experience. It was insane how well the car held up, better than any car I've had yet. The tires made a world of difference, but I'm sure I'll be able to take them off after a business trip in march.

The best part of this paint is the way it sparkles. I love seeing it, especially after a cloudy day.

I see very few camaros still, but that might be due to winter. I still have yet to see another 45th on the road!
__________________
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #331
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN
 
Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chesapeake Beach MD
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcamaro1980 View Post
i got my 45th and i love it
airraid intake and got my Pypes catback on the way with a rx air oil seperator en-route
what catback did you put on it ??
__________________

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #332
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post


You: "Honey, what do you think of putting the house up for sale?"

Her: "WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!"
I never said she was coming along.... the dog might though
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #333
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
If the bottom grill was the same as the ls/lt models, I probably wouldn't mind the original one so much. However; I do love the heritage a ton and am glad it was my first mod. I wasn't ready to go with a different after market one.

You're right that the rims aren't horrible. I went to 19's and the treads are incredible. The few days of snow we did have scared me at first based on past experience. It was insane how well the car held up, better than any car I've had yet. The tires made a world of difference, but I'm sure I'll be able to take them off after a business trip in march.

The best part of this paint is the way it sparkles. I love seeing it, especially after a cloudy day.

I see very few camaros still, but that might be due to winter. I still have yet to see another 45th on the road!
I bet you can't wait to put the stock 20s back on!
And it's a refreshing feel to see it in different shades in different weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
I never said she was coming along.... the dog might though
Nothin wrong with that!

Bring the dog! My setter isn't very helpful when I work on my cars:

__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #334
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
I bet you can't wait to put the stock 20s back on!
And it's a refreshing feel to see it in different shades in different weather.



Nothin wrong with that!

Bring the dog! My setter isn't very helpful when I work on my cars:

Sure he is... hes making sure that jack stand is solid enough to safely get under the car
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #335
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
btw.... isnt that a slight bit of a conflict of interest... camaro and mustang
its ok, my buddy has one of each too
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #336
Hendu
 
Hendu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SW Minnesota
Posts: 316
Dude, always seat belt the dog before going anywhere.
__________________
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 45th Anniversary Edition vs RS Package TMoneySS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 08-21-2012 04:43 PM
45th Anniversary Edition 2012 Camaro and New 3.6L LFX V6 Engine FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 647 03-04-2012 01:18 PM
45th Anniversary Camaro Special Edition? TMoneySS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 48 01-26-2012 09:30 PM
Official: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 45th Anniversary Edition shows off at Indy camaro5 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 6 05-29-2011 10:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.