Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-09-2023, 11:43 PM   #15
roh

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbelyo View Post
That's interesting, it almost lends some truth to what the tuner was saying. Do you have a 2.5" pulley or larger?
Yes, ADM 2.5 pulley, long tubes, no cats & an Airaid intake.
Also, didn't get any history on the tune, so I installed a wide band & watched AFR & knock retard. Seems safe, but some say this combo should need injectors & maybe more pump, so I'm not sure why I have so much headroom.
roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:33 PM   #16
sbelyo

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by roh View Post
Yes, ADM 2.5 pulley, long tubes, no cats & an Airaid intake.
Also, didn't get any history on the tune, so I installed a wide band & watched AFR & knock retard. Seems safe, but some say this combo should need injectors & maybe more pump, so I'm not sure why I have so much headroom.
My guess is the tuner is correct about my fuel pump not working correctly or your injectors are not stock. That's the only two things that make sense to me.

In any case I found and setup my MPVI2 from HPtuners and loaded the scanner software on my surface pro. I'm going to drive around town tomorrow to see if I can see what is going on.

Last edited by sbelyo; 06-11-2023 at 08:39 PM.
sbelyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:36 PM   #17
sbelyo

So I think I see what the tuner was talking about. I was able to get my HPtuner to log some data on a run. I saw the fuel pressure drop to as low as 40 psi when the engine RPM was around 4k I think and the IDC got as high at 68% when the rpm was around 4200 I think but the PSI was in the low 50's at that point. I'm sure he drove it harder but I don't have that log.

I've attached the HP Tuners log files, with a copy in csv as well.

Take a look and see what you can make of it. I'm new to the car so I lifted at points. I'm a wuss, flame me if you want
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZL1 run1.zip (2.32 MB, 26 views)
Old 06-14-2023, 07:01 AM   #18
sbelyo

The fuel pump was replaced with positive results. It drives much smoother now and I feel more power for sure. He said that the injector duty was still high so there's something going on there, but the fuel pressure is better. Not sure if it can be fixed with a re-tune or I'll need to pony up for bigger injectors. I ordered a 2.75" pulley and a larger belt to back the boost down a bit until I can get it tuned.