Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComayroLouver View Post
Not stupid, camaro is just a tee-bee slower :P U shud invest in a super-charger if u have the money! They sound amazing in person.

Welcome to C5!!!!
Yes, so you can fly in traffic....
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #16
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
lol I thought it might of been ours lol, & i was going to say you are SOL lol.

ok if you remove the rubber around the door there is the plastic Piece, once its busted or cracked it takes years to get that piece. we got lucky on finding a pax side but never did find the drivers side. GM no longer makes it & there is NO aftermarket for it either

PS I am on the corvette form as well just stick to the nw section lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #17
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1

Nope, not stupid at all. I traded in my 2004 Z06 for my SS and have ZERO REGRETS.

....I do miss the acceleration of the Z06, but I was willing to give that up to get in a new Camaro.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #18
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
I'm personally a bit surprised you didnt go for a SS..missing the torque yet?
He said he doesn't have it yet, so that answer must be "no!"

However, many Vette people never use the available torque, so they wouldn't miss it. I don't know the OP, so I don't know his situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
My wife and I bought a 1999 Vette and picked it up at the Corvette Museum. We drove the wheels off that car. After renting Camaros and driving them around. I like the Camaro better, but I definetly would get it with a V8, too many years of driving fast cars to go with a V6 now. Good luck with your new car.
I've had Vettes for about 28 years now (geez, I'm OLD!) and I love my v6 Camaro. I'd certainly not call it a "slow" car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
This world is going to hell. A corvette guy trades for a V-6 camaro when there is still a V-8 option available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
thanks for the heads-up the driver's door already has some serious wind noise around 120-140mph but it ain't been in the rain, so i don't know if there're any water sealing problems
Three of my c5s developed wind noise around the windows (fortunately the passenger side on all three, so I didn't have to hear it! ) but none of them leaked.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #19
WOLFINN_2SS
Wuf! Wuf! *Low Growl*

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 IBM/S HUD SR ATAK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dare8601 View Post
A beloved Chevrolet owner of many years including camaro's in the 70's and 80's...previous owner of three c4's and two c5's...I traded in my 2000 vette for a new 2011 Rs 2lt Monday night...pick up on Wednesday morning. I test drove a 2010 Rs and really liked it...so much me and the wife went for the camaro....looking forward to the new ride...some are going to say I am stupid for doing this but I was ready for a change....

Dare8601! grats and come to C5 with us in Arizona, April 2011.
Going to be a blast!

Enjoy your day!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #20
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
congrats on the new car…. I get the same thing alot from local friends… they think it was a mistake to get rid of my 07 CTS-V for my ABM SS ……

tell you what I tell them…. it's my money, my car …… I'll do what I want with it LOL
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #21
WOLFINN_2SS
Wuf! Wuf! *Low Growl*

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 IBM/S HUD SR ATAK
hehe.. kind of ironic...

Yesterday I drove to the grocery store and did my usual parking in
the empty slots kind of far away, taking up two spaces.

A guy's vette was parked nearby and he was walking to his car
as I am getting out of my 2SS. He looked over and said, rockin' car man!

I politely said nice vette and thanks. When I got to the store entrance, I turned around and he was still standing there looking at it.

I like vettes but I "love" Camaros.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:38 AM   #22
Mickmunster

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
congrats man...
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #23
pennor

Drives: 2011 2LT - 73 Corvette 454
I'll chime in here because I think I'm qualified...

Why not have BOTH a Vette and a Camaro? I DO!

Granted, the Vette is a 37 year old 73 convertible with a 454, and the Camaro is a 2011 V6, but I love them both. I've owned the Vette since it was new and I WILL NOT give it up for anything. It may be old tech. It may be drafty and noisy, but there is nothing like the sound of a big block and I still love to drive it. Actually I think I like driving that old Vette just a little more than the new Camaro. AND, I understand everthing that goes on in that Vette and I can fix it myself. There's no check engine light, nto DIC reminding me to tighten a gas cap, no Onstar annoying me with Emails, no XM radio (damn I DO miss that).

On the other hand the Camaro is really nice to ride in, smells new, has a great sound system, has good power even though it's a V6, gets twice the gas mileage of the Vette, has a spacious trunk and something of a back seat if needed, has XM radio which I love by the way.

I've owned 3 Camaro's but just the one Vette. That will tell you how much I love the Vette. Time will tell whether this new Camaro garners the same level of feelings as the years go by.

pennor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #24
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I owned an '04 Vette...and can say without a doubt that I would take the Camaro over the current Corvette hands down. The Corvette is a stunning car, but the Camaro is just a bit bigger and capable of holding both kids in a pinch.

Now, the next gen Corvette MAY be a completely different story if it is even close to the Stingray concept... Congrats to the OP on the new car. Enjoy.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennor View Post

Granted, the Vette is a 37 year old 73 convertible with a 454, and the Camaro is a 2011 V6, but I love them both. I've owned the Vette since it was new and I WILL NOT give it up for anything. It may be old tech. It may be drafty and noisy, but there is nothing like the sound of a big block and I still love to drive it. Actually I think I like driving that old Vette just a little more than the new Camaro. AND, I understand everthing that goes on in that Vette and I can fix it myself. There's no check engine light, nto DIC reminding me to tighten a gas cap, no Onstar annoying me with Emails, no XM radio (damn I DO miss that).

On the other hand the Camaro is really nice to ride in, smells new, has a great sound system, has good power even though it's a V6, gets twice the gas mileage of the Vette, has a spacious trunk and something of a back seat if needed, has XM radio which I love by the way.

I've owned 3 Camaro's but just the one Vette. That will tell you how much I love the Vette. Time will tell whether this new Camaro garners the same level of feelings as the years go by.

Yep.. That is what I'm thinking own both.. Love the C5 CE we have and the SS is fun too. I love driving both
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #26
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Welcome to C5 from another RS owner. I drove an 11 SS the other day, and I'm still fine with my RS. It's got all I need, I don't have to have the fastest 0-60 time on race day, I do love it's quiet and responsive and fits me to a T.
Can't wait to see pictures of your new RS, Dare!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #27
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Welcome to the site. Lots of people here have sold there vette for the new camaro. Enjoy and good luck.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #28
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennor View Post

Wow...how cool that you have the 73 you bought new!!! I have a 68 Vette convertible, and boy are you right on the lack of creature comforts! Heck, it still has the original radio, but I don't even have speakers in it. But I LOVE that car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I owned an '04 Vette...and can say without a doubt that I would take the Camaro over the current Corvette hands down. The Corvette is a stunning car, but the Camaro is just a bit bigger and capable of holding both kids in a pinch.

Now, the next gen Corvette MAY be a completely different story if it is even close to the Stingray concept... Congrats to the OP on the new car. Enjoy.
If you had an 04 Vette, you didn't have the "current" vette. The c6 is a world of difference from the c5 you had. Just saying!

All said, though, I LOVE my Camaro, and I think the OP will be happy with his.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote