Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Speedinc tune issues with my A6 trans

I had Speedinc tune my car over a year ago and ever since it seems to have problems downshifting. For example when I drive 30-40mph and punch it, it downshifts and launches hard for less then a second then it seems to pop out of gear and downshifts again right away. All this happens within 1 second. It is really annoying and embarrassing when I try to get on it a bit especially when passing another car. I do not have any problems using tap shift to manually shift. I have been driving the car in manual mode to avoid this issue. Sort of defeats the purpose of an Auto.

I took the car back and Speed inc attached the computer to my car's computer while I was driving and logged the data. They saw the problem and admitted that it shouldn't be this way but couldn't explain why it was doing it so they put the stock file back in the car to see if the problem would go away. Once the car was back to the stock tune, I had no issues whatsoever. Once this was verified they programmed the modified file back into the car but this time they disabled torque management and the problem went away for few weeks but surfaced back.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with their Auto after a tune? I don't feel confident in having them alter the parameters any further and am thinking to go back and have them tune my car back to stock then take the car to another shop for a brand new tune. Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
I would say there may be a problem with commanded shift timing.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
malmadani1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
I have the same problem with mine without even tuning it, and I took it to the dealer and they told me that there is nothing wrong with it. I have noticed that it does that only on the first luanch when the car is cold but after driving it for a while shifting becomes normal. I'm still trying to figure out whats wrong and it could be a programming issue from the shift timing comand as mentioned.
malmadani1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
silverfox

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
You will eventually find out that the a6 was made to give mpg and not performance. After about 600rwhp they give up even with the best tune you can get.
LS2 Darton sleeved 427 stroker.Callies dragonslayer crankshaft. Callies I beam rods. Wiseco blower pistons. Mast cnc 12 degree big bore ls3 heads-2.2 intake &1.6 ex. 6 bolt 270cc-.750 deck. Lunati link bar lifters.T&D roller rockers.COMP-VA. Speed special cam 605 lift, 238dur. Procharger F1R @15psi. ARH headers with custom 3'' exhaust all the way.Magnaflow mufflers. QTP cutouts.Rossler built 6l80e trans. DSS 1400hp axles.
Pfadt suspension.-Coilovers, sway bars,motor mounts,trailing arms. Aeromotive eliminater pump.
907rwhp.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote