Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
00kar

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray 2LT
Unhappy Metallic noise from vent fan...

I have seen that people have been noticing this issue where there is a metallic noise from the air vents at low RPM of the fan...

Did anyone get a fix for this ??
Its the only issue that has been bugging me with the car

Thanks
00kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
I think I know what you are talking about. A fan noise of sorts happens right on my favorite fan speed (just left of center). If I turn it down to lowest speed, no noise. If I turn it up to center or above, the sound of air drowns out any fan noise so it doesn't matter. I'm just dealing with it for now because I'm afraid the fix would be to take the whole dash out to replace something because of a "little noise". It's my only beef with the car too. Going got just wait until it drives me completely nuts or just before warranty expires...whichever comes first I guess. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
I have the same "noise", so did the 4 other camaro's on the dealer lot when I checked last year. Was informed by the regional guy that it had to with the hose and duct design in the car. It doesn't bother me, I just wanted to know since he was there anyways.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, metallic, noise, vent