Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
11 camaro

Drives: camaro rs
i went to the dealership today to see how they were doing on my car, with the tmps issue they replaced the bcm and the reciever still no fix, i asked them if metallic tint on my windshield would be causing the issue , they didnt really know but it makes a hell of alot sense that it would to me, so im going to take the tint off the windshield to see if it fixes the issue, because when i first bought the car no light issue until i tinted it. what do you guys think?
11 camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #16
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Ding ding ding... Tint has been known to cause this prob.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #17
11 camaro

Drives: camaro rs
is it on all the windows or just the windsheild?
11 camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #18
GM_guy

Drives: 16 2LT Camaro, 15 Sierra CC 04 Yuk
My wifes 2013 2LT/RS started having TPMS issues about a month after we bought it. It's been in 6 times and they have replaced several things including the Onstar mirror and BCM and it has not fixed the issue.

GM has since decided to blame us for tinting the windows, even though it's non-metallic and thier own TSB states metallic tint.

The issue seems to be getting worse as well. It started on the left side front or rear or both and maybe once a day. Now it includes the right front and happens sometimes 4 times a day or will come on and not go off. Obvious to me, since the front tires are giving us problems it cannot be the tint because our winshield is not tinted.

Dealership is stuck because GM won't allow them to do anything under warranty more until the tint is removed. I offered to remove it at my expense if they will retint it if that proves not to be the issue. There response was NO.

All my so called 'customer service' rep can do is say I'm sorry.
GM_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 AM   #19
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
I recently slapped a set of 2010 chrome SS rims with tires onto my 2012 LS I tried letting the air out to reset them and I couldn't get any reading, and the horn simply would not sound, I would start the procedure and hear the horn honk, but once I started letting air out of the first tire....no horn.... so now I'm curious do I need to take it to the "stealership" to have it reset with said tool or no? Frankly I'm at a loss for ideas other than that one, anyone got a clue lol?
Mine takes a bit to register each one sometimes, but it definitely works(2012 LS as well). I've done it like 7 times or so now. I guess just keep letting air out until it senses it and if nothing else take it to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindave View Post
Ding ding ding... Tint has been known to cause this prob.
Hadn't heard that yet. Mine was tinted by the dealership before they even put it on the lot, glad I haven't had that issue.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote