Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Which exhaust set-up?
Mrt V2 14 53.85%
Solo Catback 7 26.92%
Ark N-II Cat-back 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
joefresh22

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Crystal Red
Switching Exhausts!

Been running MRT V2 for about a year now, but now I have been looking into cutbacks to get more sound and better hp gains. I love the MRT V2 and its sound, but of course I have the need to have more lol Opinions please!
joefresh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
SmokiNstripes6913

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Going with a catback exhaust will likely be twice as expensive with minimal if any gain in performance for the v6. Adding HFCs with a catback however could see some noticeable gains.
SmokiNstripes6913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
joefresh22

I understand the price the cost will be more than a axleback and i looking to add HFC later down the road with the catback or add the HFC with the MRT V2, but I like how the above two catbacks sound so adding the HFC will really get a lot of them.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh22 View Post
Been running MRT V2 for about a year now, but now I have been looking into cutbacks to get more sound and better hp gains. I love the MRT V2 and its sound, but of course I have the need to have more lol Opinions please!
I say you go with the BORLA Cat-Back system for the V6. it is really nice, I just put it on my car, and I LOVE it! Its a little pricey but you get what you are paying for.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
I have a Solo CatBack and am very happy with it. My installer worked for NASCAR and was very impressed with the design/fitment and sound with the J-pipes. I agree that HF cats are really needed to get the most bang out of them, though. I'll definitely be adding the Solo HF cats soon.
BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Since you already added axle back not sure what you are thinking you will gain by doing cat back but HP will be very little if any. The only thing you will be changing is the sound since it will be a different brand mufflers you will be putting on. I haven't convinced myself it was money well spent but if you are looking to help it breath easier then add Solo HFC's. They are a little expensive and though it was hard for me to notice Solo claims 15RWHP added. I did get a little more aggressive sound out of the system with the V2's. This may be the cheaper route to go compared to cat back but it is your money to spend and it is JMO.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
joefresh22

I heard great things about the Solo Catback and I love the sound that it gives off. I got the MRTs in a trade so i didn't spend anything on them really and i want to get the most out of the exhaust and I really like Solo's setup. Pairing Solo HFC will only get a more aggressive, better breathing exhaust. Just about to get a CAI from CAI Inc. so I'll hear it after it is installed with the MRTs on
Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
If you want my opinion, skip the catback route. Go pick up a Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, find a decent exhaust shop. Have them remove everything (resonators, H-Pipe) from the cats to the MRT's. For a couple of hundred they can install the X-pipe and custom bend some tube and there you go, MRT custom catback. If you want you can pick up the HFC's and the whole setup should be about the same price as the catback sets your looking at, with better sound!

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
joefresh22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
If you want my opinion, skip the catback route. Go pick up a Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, find a decent exhaust shop. Have them remove everything (resonators, H-Pipe) from the cats to the MRT's. For a couple of hundred they can install the X-pipe and custom bend some tube and there you go, MRT custom catback. If you want you can pick up the HFC's and the whole setup should be about the same price as the catback sets your looking at, with better sound!
I actually like that idea! I don't want to lose sound quality/loudness with the X-Pipe so would the bbk mid-pipes be something that can used instead or is it no applicable for the LFX?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh22 View Post
I actually like that idea! I don't want to lose sound quality/loudness with the X-Pipe so would the bbk mid-pipes be something that can used instead or is it no applicable for the LFX?
You can use the BBK Mid pipes but note that when you add a true X pipe to a V6 it will start to sound very very raspy which most people do not like.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
joefresh22

If I add the mid pipes I won't add the X-Pipe. The drone has never bothered me. The mid-pipes and HFC would be the only thing I'd do to the exhaust at that point.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Dynomax ultra flow axle back exhaust. best sounding exhaust out there. PERIOD
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
http://www.summitracing.com/search/d...t/model/camaro

Check these out. Its what I would go with.

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote