Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #1317
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Urban Meyer to Ohio st.
? what will this do to MICHIGAN recruiting.
Brady Hoke is a MONSTER recruiter. We will be just fine.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #1318
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Brady Hoke is a MONSTER recruiter. We will be just fine.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #1319
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Can we create a separate Michigan fanboy thread?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #1320
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Can we create a separate Michigan fanboy thread?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #1321
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,

Come on . We have Oklahoma slappies also.
And SEC .
Now I bet we will have some hairless nuts chime in with the new coach.
On Ohio st.

Ok I am still pumped over the win.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #1322
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Having myer will help with recruiting especially in the state of Florida however osu is already a name itself so it doesnt need help. Adding myer a proven winner is just another perk.

As I said earlier in the year

Kickem while they are down osu won't be down long.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #1323
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
You got that right.

Both Ohio st and Texas will be back.

Not so sure about ND . Its been 10 years .
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #1324
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
I lived in the neighboring region of Columbus, OH for several years. Why in the world would you want to move from Florida to Ohio? Not that I have anything against that area, but after a few winters in Florida, I don't think I'd be standing in line to live in Columbus again. Coach at Ohio State is obviously a great gig, but is it that much better than U of Florida? I guess university allegiances run deep? That's all that I can think of.

Maybe almost $6 million a year?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #1325
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
Exclamation WARNING...RED TIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I usually do not talk alot of smack about college football, try to given an honest non-biased opinion.....

BUT

This past weekend I like many watched a ton of football, especially the 76 Iron Bowl between Alabama and Auburn.

Auburn looked like a high school team. 2 mistakes allowed Auburn 14 point....Kinda funny they had 31 total yards, 1 first down and 14 points and 44 total yards through 3 qtrs......Alabama was pissed from last year and they took it out on an unmatched Auburn team...the score could have been way worse if we would have continued to throw the ball and not tried to burn the clock. Auburn had their magical run last year but it is over maybe for another 57 years.

It now appears that an LSU-Alabama rematch will happen and the debate will start about OSU and Alabama's one loss. OSU was favored by 28 points to an unranked team and lost, Alabama was favored by 5 and lost to the #1 team in same fashion as OSU.....To me OSU loss was worse.

College football needs a playoff just like the FCS, but until then this is what we have like it or hate it. Money rules in alot of decisions just as this one...as soon as they can make it financially more viable than bowl games then we will have it.

For me I like the bowl games...kind of a miny vacation in the winter. I enjoy going to see other schools that I do not normally see, meeting different people and having a good time. But that is just me......BUT when a school makes 17 million dollars from 1 game in the BCSNCCG, yes 17 MILLION that is alot of hot dogs.......

A week to go and we will see how it all shakes out and if Bama does not go to the BCSNCCG then they only have themselves to blame, just like OSU, Stanford, VT etc........Personally I think Alabama would win against all those teams but we will never know.
I'm disappointed no one gave *snaps* to Georgia Southern for the lesson they taught Alabama the prior week which probably got them even more ready to play Auburn. Hell, GSU put up more rushing yards against them than any BCS team did this whole season, in fact, more than double. Do not forget the 3 TDS either that was 3 more than LSU. All and all, BAMA rematch with LSU is gonna be a killer...I predict personal penalties galour as well as more rushing yards. Perhaps even a female kicker from the BAMA soccer team!
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #1326
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If the two teams in the NC game are from the SEC, then that only proves that their conference doesn't beat up on each other nearly as much as the other conferences do.

The SEC has two teams that steamroll everyone else in their conference and then they claim that their conference is the best.

In my opinion, they can only claim that if their top dog goes to the NC game against the top dog of a different conference.

80% of the teams in the Big XII are bowl eligible. (That number increases if you include TCU's and WVU's records)
75% of the teams in the SEC are bowl eligible.
67% of the teams in the PAC-12 are bowl eligible.

Obviously Okie State has to beat OU to even argue the rights to play in the NC game. But at this juncture an all-SEC battle in the NC game is worthless for college football.

If the SEC wants real bragging rights, they should NOT want an all-SEC NC game.

In an unrelated note, did anyone see that Baylor vs. Texas Tech game? 108 total points scored and over 1,000 yards of total offense
WOW! Just because they are from the same conference doesn't mean crap...each team has the stats to prove why they are #1 and #2 in the country. And it has been earned...SEC is not a weak conference neither is the Big12 unlike other teams that are going 12-0 against teams that are less than well deserving...and lets not forget the only loss Alabama had was to LSU unlike OU who lost to WHO...Texas Tech? ok that can be one bad game...but then Baylor...come on...OU is not a contender this year they need a DEFENSE for that to be possible. Just jump forward and start talking smack for next year and remember I let my haterz be my motivatorz!

Don't forget Arkansas and Georgia too...if you want to talk turkey! Seriously, I think your full of and by the way LSU may have won the game but Alabama beat themselves...I don't think that will happen again. LSU didn't even score a single touchdown...nor did Alabama but their one MAJOR flaw is the kicker who shanks just about every other kick.

Last edited by Vulpine; 11-29-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #1327
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
The Bama kickers had a rough day against LSU but it's not like they were shanking easy kicks. They missed 4 FG's, 44, 50, 52, and had a 49 yarder blocked. I put that on Saban. You know your kickers are struggling, don't line up for 6 FG's! Take some chances offensively. I never saw a more boring game in my life. I sincerely hope OkSt takes care of OU and jumps Bama in the final poll. 2 teams from the same conference playing in the NCG is absurd. What if Bama does beat LSU? So Bama is 12-1 and LSU is 13-1 and they beat each other but LSU had a tougher schedule. Would they share it? Bama had their shot against LSU and choked, time for someone else to get a chance.

As for Urban going to OSU, he'll be a perfect fit. Their former coach was a lying, cheating, hypocritical douchebag and Urban should fill that spot nicely. He couldn't beat Michigan when he was at Florida and it won't change now. Michigan will be just fine.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #1328
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
The Bama kickers had a rough day against LSU but it's not like they were shanking easy kicks. They missed 4 FG's, 44, 50, 52, and had a 49 yarder blocked. I put that on Saban. You know your kickers are struggling, don't line up for 6 FG's! Take some chances offensively. I never saw a more boring game in my life. I sincerely hope OkSt takes care of OU and jumps Bama in the final poll. 2 teams from the same conference playing in the NCG is absurd. What if Bama does beat LSU? So Bama is 12-1 and LSU is 13-1 and they beat each other but LSU had a tougher schedule. Would they share it? Bama had their shot against LSU and choked, time for someone else to get a chance.

As for Urban going to OSU, he'll be a perfect fit. Their former coach was a lying, cheating, hypocritical douchebag and Urban should fill that spot nicely. He couldn't beat Michigan when he was at Florida and it won't change now. Michigan will be just fine.
I remember when Florida and Florida state played in the regular season and then again for the championship back when Spurrier and Bowden were coaching. So, it's happened before.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #1329
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
WARNING...RED TIDE!
Welcome to the College Football 2011 thread Vulpine! So, are you a fan or an alumni of any college? I ask because I need to know where to direct my "trash talk". So far you just seem to be a SEC fan, don't be afraid.....you can come out of the closet!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #1330
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
WOW! Just because they are from the same conference doesn't mean crap...each team has the stats to prove why they are #1 and #2 in the country. And it has been earned...SEC is not a weak conference neither is the Big12 unlike other teams that are going 12-0 against teams that are less than well deserving...and lets not forget the only loss Alabama had was to LSU unlike OU who lost to WHO...Texas Tech? ok that can be one bad game...but then Baylor...come on...OU is not a contender this year they need a DEFENSE for that to be possible. Just jump forward and start talking smack for next year and remember I let my haterz be my motivatorz!

Don't forget Arkansas and Georgia too...if you want to talk turkey! Seriously, I think your full of and by the way LSU may have won the game but Alabama beat themselves...I don't think that will happen again. LSU didn't even score a single touchdown...nor did Alabama but their one MAJOR flaw is the kicker who shanks just about every other kick.
Uh, did you read any of my post? Both teams being from the same division of the same conference makes all the difference

You never heard OU or Texas whining that they should get to have a NC Game rematch when both teams were powerhouses in the same year. We've always agreed that whoever won the Red River Shootout had the clear path to the NC game (assuming they didn't screw it up and lose to someone). The difference, though, is that the Big XII has always had more than two good teams in the same division

Alabama has all the stats that say they have the best defense in the country, but they still lost to LSU. They had their chance to prove they belonged in NC Game contention, and they lost in what many considered the most boring game ever. That means Alabama will not be playing in their conference championship. I think it's absurd that you could have a team playing for the National Championship that didn't even play in their conference championship game.

Just for the record, I kind of hope Georgia beats LSU, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Quote:
Thank you. And I can't believe I'm agreeing with you on something

Quote:
That made me a little.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote