Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Got my first ticket!

Got clocked going 78 on 60. Not so sure, cuz I saw HUD said 71, but w/e I guess.. speeding is speeding

Used to be <5 years no tickets and now its around 7 hours..

Anyways.. i've got a few questions

Officer told me I could take an online course and it would remove the 4 points that i'd get should I plead guilty to the charge. That sits well with me.. don't mind paying, but i'm curious about the insurance.

I don't really want to go to court and go through all the hassle, but I will if it will affect my insurance.

Any input on what this ticket means to insurance?

How does insurance find out about tickets anyway?
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
What he is reffering to is doing traffic school online. If you do that it will avoid any points going on your record and therefore you should avoid your insurance being hiked.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
my last ticket I was going 96 in a 65. $450 fine, 6 hours of defensive driving, and 90 hours of community service. pretty harsh. But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.

Only gotten 2 tickets.
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Bigcros

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
^what LSX said
Bigcros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
i dont think one speeding ticket is going to affect your insurance
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
RonnieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post
What he is reffering to is doing traffic school online. If you do that it will avoid any points going on your record and therefore you should avoid your insurance being hiked.
Ok, awesome.. i was a bit wary since I've been checking quotes for my move and they always ask "any tickets in the last 5 years" and i'd always say no... and this got me kinda worried about a hike...

is it definitely based on points?

or is there a chance that saying yes to that will hike it a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
my last ticket I was going 96 in a 65. $450 fine, 6 hours of defensive driving, and 90 hours of community service. pretty harsh. But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.

Only gotten 2 tickets.
made sense after i read it was the 2nd.. not saying its right.. but i could see that.. read somewhere that GA among other states can fine you $1000 off the bat.. but that 90 hours is pretty bad....

times you'd wish you could transform into a hot chick with a nice rack
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
You better slow that 'v6' down! :shocked: just kidding, does your family know it's a 1LE yet? Lol
Old 09-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Awesome!
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
Ok, awesome.. i was a bit wary since I've been checking quotes for my move and they always ask "any tickets in the last 5 years" and i'd always say no... and this got me kinda worried about a hike...

is it definitely based on points?

made sense after i read it was the 2nd.. not saying its right.. but i could see that.. read somewhere that GA among other states can fine you $1000 off the bat.. but that 90 hours is pretty bad....

times you'd wish you could transform into a hot chick with a nice rack
If there aren't points from the ticket on your record the check no ticket and you should be fine.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post

yes, there is always a chance. depends on your age and the nature of the ticket, past offenses, and a ton of other factors. going 40 in a 35 is different than going 90 in 65 for example. if nothing has changed since they last checked it then your rates will stay the same.

whether or not you say yes or now is irrelevant. the insurance company will pull your driving record and base your rates on what it shows.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
OP I hope you do realize this thread and your statements can be searched and reviewed by your (and any other) insurance company.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
RonnieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
You better slow that 'v6' down! :shocked: just kidding, does your family know it's a 1LE yet? Lol
haha... yep.

I had let my dad drive the 2LT back in February. In July my whole fam came down for a visit and I drove my dad to go see and old friend. He looked down at the shifter and said, "why is reverse on this side now?" (the reverse gear is on the right as opposed to the 2LT having it on the left)

The awkward silence was broken after my sister busted out laughing (she knew about the switch). It was cool though... turned out to be perfect timing.. he couldn't really get too upset about it since he was going to see his old friend.

Cool part is he didn't tell my mom while they were down here.. that would've been an earful.. Even cooler was when she did find out and he told her to just save it. His words were, "He really loves the thing, and it's his own money, so just leave him"
Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.
Why? Not too bright, my man...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
RonnieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post
If there aren't points from the ticket on your record the check no ticket and you should be fine.
i sure hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
yes, there is always a chance. depends on your age and the nature of the ticket, past offenses, and a ton of other factors. going 40 in a 35 is different than going 90 in 65 for example. if nothing has changed since they last checked it then your rates will stay the same.

whether or not you say yes or now is irrelevant. the insurance company will pull your driving record and base your rates on what it shows.
blast.. guess i'll take a look at the court date and see what can be done... the rates are already ridiculous where i'm going, and i can't let it get any higher..

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
OP I hope you do realize this thread and your statements can be searched and reviewed by your (and any other) insurance company.
i thought about that.. but with the situation i don't see how anything here will hurt me. it's not like i'm admitting fault for an accident or anything...

did a little bit of research after posting this and it seems that this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
the insurance company will pull your driving record and base your rates on what it shows.
...is true. i do appreciate the concern though