Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 AM   #197
twebber

Drives: 2015 SS2 1LE
2 JL 10w7's
Attached Images

twebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #198
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
My setup is here:
BA w/ Polk Sub & Alpine amp

Last edited by djcfuzz; 03-28-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Updated with pic
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #199
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
here,s mine

How do you get to the batteries
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:00 PM   #200
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
batteries are on both sides, one for starting car, other for audio..remove nos tanks and side panels pop out..about a 1 hr job...we also fixed the trunk lid issue..as somewhere down the road, the electronic popper may 1 day not work and there would be no way to get into trunk..and can,t climb thru sub box..went to a buddie who had a bunch of old file cabinets, took a couple different locks out of the file drawers that had matching keys...then measured out the hole in the file cabinet for the lock ..drilled out the lid at the center of the bowtie emblem, that I had removed..tweaked out the lock mechanism to work the trunk latch internally, after multiple attempts, had the key working smoothly to pop the trunk..after we got the key mounted in trunk, we hollowed out the inside of the center of the bowtie emblem so that the emblem could sit flush to trunk lid...then bought some super duty small circular magnets and glued them into small circular holes drilled around the inside edge of emblem..{ 8 magnets I believe}..snaps right into place and you have no idea there is now a key luck under magnetic emblem..now I can open trunk without any issues or battery power needed
Old 03-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #201
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Name:  sub box.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  45.4 KB

Nice and Tidy.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #202
GTS

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Not quite done yet, but here's the build so far. The box and trim panel were originally built by NBA Stereos in Washington for a friend's Camaro, but I didn't like the way it mounted to the deck so I came up with my own solution. I'm debating building some 1/2" plexi trim rings to put between the amp and trim panel and edge lighting with 5050 rgb led strips to make it pop a bit more.

Two Audiomobile GTS 2112 12" subs in custom downfiring box
Exile Audio XM12.1 amp - 1200 watts rms
Exile Audio XM15.4 amp - 150 x 4 rms
Arc Audio Arc series 6.2 components
Arc Audio Arc series 602 coaxials
Audio Control LCQ-1 processor with stock MyLink deck
GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #203
Mishaman68

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Name:  subs.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  139.0 KB
Mishaman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #204
rc610

Drives: 2020 2SS SGM - Stock for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
Not quite done yet, but here's the build so far. The box and trim panel were originally built by NBA Stereos in Washington for a friend's Camaro, but I didn't like the way it mounted to the deck so I came up with my own solution. I'm debating building some 1/2" plexi trim rings to put between the amp and trim panel and edge lighting with 5050 rgb led strips to make it pop a bit more.

Two Audiomobile GTS 2112 12" subs in custom downfiring box
Exile Audio XM12.1 amp - 1200 watts rms
Exile Audio XM15.4 amp - 150 x 4 rms
Arc Audio Arc series 6.2 components
Arc Audio Arc series 602 coaxials
Audio Control LCQ-1 processor with stock MyLink deck

How is that Audio Control processor? I haven't really dealt with processors. I usually go aftermarket h/u & a separate EQ but I like the MyLink screen so I don't want to get rid of it but the signal is not what I'm used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rc610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #205
GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc610 View Post
How is that Audio Control processor? I haven't really dealt with processors. I usually go aftermarket h/u & a separate EQ but I like the MyLink screen so I don't want to get rid of it but the signal is not what I'm used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's ok, nothing special but it gets the job done. I run the same model in my Tacoma because I wanted to keep the factory head unit. The biggest complaint with them is there's usually a little bit of hiss that you can hear with the sound off... not a big deal to me. There are other processors out there that are way better but so far it seems ok. In the past I've always run aftermarket decks also so this is my first venture into processors; don't take what I say as gospel since this could be a pile of shit compared to the more expensive ones and I'd have no idea
Old 04-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #206
GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishaman68 View Post
Now THAT'S hot
Old 04-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #207
LiveWire195

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
It's ok, nothing special but it gets the job done. I run the same model in my Tacoma because I wanted to keep the factory head unit. The biggest complaint with them is there's usually a little bit of hiss that you can hear with the sound off... not a big deal to me. There are other processors out there that are way better but so far it seems ok. In the past I've always run aftermarket decks also so this is my first venture into processors; don't take what I say as gospel since this could be a pile of shit compared to the more expensive ones and I'd have no idea
I bought the AudioControl LC6i, and love it. No complaints here. I'm not sure why you are having the hissing sound with the sound off. Actually did you run a remote line, or didn't run one at all? I ran one from the center console to turn on the processor. I'm curious because if you didn't run one, and using the auto detect on the speaker input maybe the cause of it.
LiveWire195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #208
jeffrsho

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Auto Convertible
Quote:
The hiss could be a ground loop, try a ground loop isolator. You could also do the "big 3" upgrade which should resolve it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
jeffrsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #209
GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire195 View Post
I bought the AudioControl LC6i, and love it. No complaints here. I'm not sure why you are having the hissing sound with the sound off. Actually did you run a remote line, or didn't run one at all? I ran one from the center console to turn on the processor. I'm curious because if you didn't run one, and using the auto detect on the speaker input maybe the cause of it.
Sorry, to clarify I have a hiss in my Tacoma which is very common with the Audio Control units when used with in those installs. I haven't noticed one in the Camaro, but I haven't finished the system or tuned it. Good to know that you guys don't have it in yours; sounds like it's an issue specific to certain makes/models only
Old 04-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #210
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
When I had a hiss I fixed it by loosening the bolt under the door handle on the passenger side, weird AF! I know, but it fixed the whole speaker system hum!

Tags
camaro, subs