Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #183
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The dealership is part of Ford. It is the way Ford produces and markets the car that enables the dealership to rip no holes in their "customers".

Let me look it up for you with a google search, yep every FORD dealership, clearly starts with the word FORD... So you can pretend I'm not buying a Ford from Ford when I go to a Ford dealer. I think I'll keep calling the company and its dealer network Ford, cause that's is what it is.

Oh and "asking" is too nice of a word, more like extortion.
I know, it's like Chevy asking a premium over MSRP for the z/28 when the first units hit the showroom or when the same happened when the 2010 Camaro's first became available. Extortion and corporate greed on the part of GM, I tell you. Don't even get me started on the crap GM pulled with the ZR1 Corvette back in the day. Crooks, I tell you!

Of course, unlike those stupid Ford folks, everybody who bought any of those GM products at the zenith of their popularity NEVER paid a dime over MSRP.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #184
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Maybe you got bucks written on your forehead. The Ford dealer told me they required a $1000 among other things. You seem to
a) have never actually have owned or try to buy a Shelby
b) have too much money and don't know what to do with it.

I've owned and purchased two Shelbys both in the 80s. I actively looked into a Shelby this year and Ford was talking deposit $5K minimum above MSRP, really 10K minimum I just figured what I was going to bargain them down to. I actively looked into buy a Mustang V6 a few years back and have it converted to a supercharged Shelby.

So just for me, so I know where yo coming from please answer a or b. And if is B) amen bro it is your money.
A) Several more than you, apparently. No, I never purchase any of Shelby's Mopar products from the '80's, but I was well aware of them. In fact, one of my neighbors is a huge aficionado of that era and has several in his collection, including GLHS #592.

B) I have been blessed with a great career, live in an area where the cost of living is awesome and have a wife who shares my passion for automobiles.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #185
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
The dealership is part of Ford. It is the way Ford produces and markets the car that enables the dealership to rip no holes in their "customers".

Let me look it up for you with a google search, yep every FORD dealership, clearly starts with the word FORD... So you can pretend I'm not buying a Ford from Ford when I go to a Ford dealer. I think I'll keep calling the company and its dealer network Ford, cause that's is what it is.

Oh and "asking" is too nice of a word, more like extortion.

The thread is GT350 and you keep on pretending you can buy a GT350 from Henry Ford himself for MSRP. Well go ahead, make some money buy a GT350 and resell for a nice profit. Till then I will say either you don't like money or your just shilling for Ford. Which is it?
So with Chevrolet dealers asking for ADM on the 2016 Camaro SS...that's GM doing it?

I just want to know who to blame for prices over MSRP...GM or the dealerships.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #186
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
So the dealer, from whom you have purchased many cars in the past, lacked enough faith in you to actually buy the car (or you faith in the dealer to sell you the car) you ordered, that it required a $500 deposit?
Every car I've ever ordered required a deposit. Does $500 make a difference on a near $60,000 car, no, it gives my salesman a bump for that month as a "presale", then again as a "sale" when the car is delivered. This (and most) dealers give spiffs on a monthly basis to the sales teams.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #187
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
As for the Ford dealers pricing a GT350 over MSRP, does corporate have a say in that practice? Or is just up to Ford to produce more cars to meet demand and let the market lower prices, therefore increasing their profit by selling more units?

You would think that if Ford is selling fewer units and the dealers are making huge profit margins they would discourage that practice. Or does corporate get a kick back on those over MSRP sales?

I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the manufacturer-dealer relationship. I just can't see Ford sitting back and losing unit sales unless they are somehow getting a return. Maybe it's a marketing thing with Ford having the exclusive, rare and hard to acquire model in their performance lineup.

Anyone with an insider perspective on this?
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #188
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
ADM is additional *dealer* markup. It's 100% gravy for the dealer. No amount of money over MSRP goes to Ford or any corporate car manufacturer.

To be exact, no money over true absolute dealer cost goes to FMC/GM/FCA

Just like GM, Ford dealerships are independent franchises and are free to set their own prices. They can put pressure on dealers to not do ADM's, but ultimately as long as the dealership is selling enough GM/FMC/FCA vehicles in general...they're unlikely to step on their neck over ADM's on high performance Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand how dealerships work or is intentionally misleading or lying about it.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #189
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
ADM is additional *dealer* markup. It's 100% gravy for the dealer. No amount of money over MSRP goes to Ford or any corporate car manufacturer.

To be exact, no money over true absolute dealer cost goes to FMC/GM/FCA

Just like GM, Ford dealerships are independent franchises and are free to set their own prices. They can put pressure on dealers to not do ADM's, but ultimately as long as the dealership is selling enough GM/FMC/FCA vehicles in general...they're unlikely to step on their neck over ADM's on high performance Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand how dealerships work or is intentionally misleading or lying about it.
Thanks for the info. At some point I would think the sweet spot on the price/sales curve will get things closer to MSRP.

I won't even be buying one under MSRP.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #190
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Availability, or lack of, determines if a dealer can charge ADM. Newly introduced models present only a short window of opportunity. Limited production create a permanent opportunity for dealers and shuts out all but wealthy buyers. Chevy will build as many "insert name here" as customers want. Too many in several instances (Z/28. ZL1,...)

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #191
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
I know, it's like Chevy asking a premium over MSRP for the z/28 when the first units hit the showroom or when the same happened when the 2010 Camaro's first became available. Extortion and corporate greed on the part of GM, I tell you. Don't even get me started on the crap GM pulled with the ZR1 Corvette back in the day. Crooks, I tell you!

Of course, unlike those stupid Ford folks, everybody who bought any of those GM products at the zenith of their popularity NEVER paid a dime over MSRP.
Probably true, but it you want to look at the title of this tread is GT350 vs SS, so as usual you are non sequitur. Point is and I don't know why you continue to deny the reality the GT350 is MSRP + 5 to 10K and the SS is MSRP = $1700 - $1000 for a GM card -$3000 for the GM card back fill that I got = MSRP -5.7K and that is an apples to apples comparison.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #192
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Probably true, but it you want to look at the title of this tread is GT350 vs SS, so as usual you are non sequitur. Point is and I don't know why you continue to deny the reality the GT350 is MSRP + 5 to 10K and the SS is MSRP = $1700 - $1000 for a GM card -$3000 for the GM card back fill that I got = MSRP -5.7K and that is an apples to apples comparison.
Not everyone is forced to pay an ADM on the GT350 or GT350R. I'm happy you were able to get a great deal on your SS. I seriously hope it's the best car you've ever owned.

Last edited by titanfan; 03-06-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #193
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
I bet 80% of the 350 non R cars sold so far had ADM's. Don't know why people pay that. The R model brings out $15K -$25K ADM's for that crowd.
$43K for a 2SS ,A8 ,MCR and NPP ain't bad. That's probably $20K less then the track or tech pack cars after a $5k mark up.

Last edited by Mike502; 03-07-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote