Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #43
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Because it's a limited production car means one can't be purchased for the MSRP amounts you listed.

It's a cool car and Ford deserves credit for building a FPC engine but the street only versions don't make sense. The engine needs to be above 4000 rpm to produce good power. Hard to imagine driving like that around town. You have to really beat on that engine. It will be interesting to see how they age.
many have been purchased at MSRP , so "can't" is innacurate, and on what planet do you drive on where you need 300ftlbs of torque at 2500rpm just to get by in a DD? I have to assume you got your drivers license after 2010 , because you would have been severely limited in suitable motor vehicle transportation prior to that by your standards. I got my license in the 80's...the GT350 makes more power at 3500 rpm then almost anything on the road did back then at peak power
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #44
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
many have been purchased at MSRP , so "can't" is innacurate, and on what planet do you drive on where you need 300ftlbs of torque at 2500rpm just to get by in a DD? I have to assume you got your drivers license after 2010 , because you would have been severely limited in suitable motor vehicle transportation prior to that by your standards. I got my license in the 80's...the GT350 makes more power at 3500 rpm then almost anything on the road did back then at peak power
You missed the point. The Voodoo is a track engine that needs to be driven hard to make it perform. It's power band and drivetrain aren't designed for drag racing, lacks cooling so you can't track it and you'd have a hard time operating it in its design power range of 4000-8000 rpm on the street. It's misplaced as a street car.

I come from the planet LS where I've daily driven a 365 lb-ft LS1 since 2004 and a 556 lb-ft LSA on weekends. I'm moving to planet LT1 were I'll daily drive a 455 lb-ft 2SS (even in WI winters).

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #45
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
You missed the point. The Voodoo is a track engine that needs to be driven hard to make it perform. It's power band and drivetrain aren't designed for drag racing, lacks cooling so you can't track it and you'd have a hard time operating it in its design power range of 4000-8000 rpm on the street. It's misplaced as a street car.

I come from the planet LS where I've daily driven a 365 lb-ft LS1 since 2004 and a 556 lb-ft LSA on weekends. I'm moving to planet LT1 were I'll daily drive a 455 lb-ft 2SS (even in WI winters).
Yep. And and on that planet, you'll be required to abide by municipal speed limits just like everyone else who obeys the rules of the road. It's obvious you have never actually driven a voodoo-powered car and simply rely on what magazine articles say about the car. Having owned a z/28 and now a GT350R, there is no doubt which is the better car for daily driving, if that what you chose to do with it, and it does not begin with a z.

It's freaking amazing how so many people are enjoying their GT350/GT350R's when it such a disappointing vehicle.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:25 PM   #46
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
You've never owned a Z/28..

The torque GM v8 engines offer down low makes a difference on the street for daily driving. It really does.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #47
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
I've driven a Boss 302.

I don't give a shit if car 'X' is faster. To me, that is not the point (but for those who actively track and want the fastest available car, I get it). It's a bloody brilliant V8 muscle/sports car, the last hurrah with the stick axle.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #48
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The GT350 Track Pack is $55,195. Also, as it is apparently remarkably difficult for a few here....it is not a drag car.
Don't forget the $1300 GG tax. Many forget that and is not on Fords build.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #49
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
You've never owned a Z/28..

The torque GM v8 engines offer down low makes a difference on the street for daily driving. It really does.
Yeah, you're right. And I've never owned GT500's, a ZL1 or countless other cars either. You really need to take any issue you have with me to a PM and quit sidetracking threads.

So, how does that extra torque offered by the LT1 help on the street? I mean, really, unless you're some irresponsible asshat putting others at risk be racing on public roads, does it matter that much going down the road?
Old 03-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #50
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
Yeah, you're right. And I've never owned GT500's, a ZL1 or countless other cars either. You really need to take any issue you have with me to a PM and quit sidetracking threads.

So, how does that extra torque offered by the LT1 help on the street? I mean, really, unless you're some irresponsible asshat putting others at risk be racing on public roads, does it matter that much going down the road?
No issues, just pointing out the fact that you haven't owned a Z/28.. There are a few Ford humpers in here posting about the same things and you're one of them.

Yes, there is a difference. I drive a car with a 5.0 and 3.73 gears.. There is a difference between it in daily driving and a GM powered v8.. If a person isn't a blind fanboy, they will see that. Coyote falls flat on its face and feels dead if you're a gear off.. You could say that we should all drive an Accord as well I guess since that will get us from 0-60 in six and a half seconds anyway if we try..

It's about how the car accelerates without having to mash the pedal.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy revving it out, but it needs more oomph down low that impacts daily driving. First gear is too short and I start off in 2nd quite a bit.

Not even going to argue the 350R being a better car.. I'd take it over the Z, just pointing out that you didn't own a Z.

Oh yeah, maybe the GT350 and 5.0 need more net torque.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #51
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
No issues, just pointing out the fact that you haven't owned a Z/28.. There are a few Ford humpers in here posting about the same things and you're one of them.

Yes, there is a difference. I drive a car with a 5.0 and 3.73 gears.. There is a difference between it in daily driving and a GM powered v8.. If a person isn't a blind fanboy, they will see that. Coyote falls flat on its face and feels dead if you're a gear off.. You could say that we should all drive an Accord as well I guess since that will get us from 0-60 in six and a half seconds anyway if we try..

It's about how the car accelerates without having to mash the pedal.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy revving it out, but it needs more oomph down low that impacts daily driving. First gear is too short and I start off in 2nd quite a bit.

Not even going to argue the 350R being a better car.. I'd take it over the Z, just pointing out that you didn't own a Z.

Oh yeah, maybe the GT350 and 5.0 need more net torque.
You have ZERO idea of what I currently own or have owned previously, so you're not pointing out anything but you own ignorance.

Everything else you pointed to is simply a matter of personal preference in a car, and certainly not something everyone has to agree with. But one thing I do wonder, if you do actually own a Mustang, why? Seems like you could get into a car that is better suited to your tastes pretty easily these days.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:18 PM   #52
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
You have ZERO idea of what I currently own or have owned previously, so you're not pointing out anything but you own ignorance.

Everything else you pointed to is simply a matter of personal preference in a car, and certainly not something everyone has to agree with. But one thing I do wonder, if you do actually own a Mustang, why? Seems like you could get into a car that is better suited to your tastes pretty easily these days.
Not going to rush into a purchase again. I'd like to see pricing for the 1LE and hopefully an upgrade to the Mustang GT for 2018. There are a few things that bother me about my Mustang, but not enough to where I'd go out and add 15k on top of it to get a new GT as it currently stands. Needs improvements. Since I'm not feeling "I have to have that" right now for any car, I'd rather wait a few months and get a better deal or a better car than buying now.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #53
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:

I didn't miss any point. everything you said was inaccurate or your opinion. you may prefer the torque delivery of LS motors and thats fine , but making it seem like the Voodoo somehow struggles to perform in a DD role is pure nonesense.

Ford produces 2 trims designed to be tracked hard...choose properly and you will have no problem driving around cars with more than double the MSRP
Old 03-13-2016, 08:23 AM   #54
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I didn't miss any point. everything you said was inaccurate or your opinion. you may prefer the torque delivery of LS motors and thats fine , but making it seem like the Voodoo somehow struggles to perform in a DD role is pure nonesense.

Ford produces 2 trims designed to be tracked hard...choose properly and you will have no problem driving around cars with more than double the MSRP
I never said a base/tech GT350 would struggle as a DD, I said its misplaced and would be difficult to utilize the engines potential. It's designed to run 4000-8000 rpm. You could drag race it but it's weak low end torque and transmission would prove problematic. Ford didn't put $500 worth of coolers on them, preventing the base/tech cars from be tracked.

So my original comment repeated.... "The street only versions don't make sense." Emphasis put on only for clarity. Not saying it's not a cool car. Just why?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #55
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:

It's a cool car and Ford deserves credit for building a FPC engine but the street only versions don't make sense. It's not set up for drag racing and the engine needs to be above 4000 rpm to produce good power. Hard to imagine driving like that around town.
it doesn't make sense on the street how exactly? because it will only run low 12's stock? what does drag racing have to do with street driving? since when do cars have to make sense to be amazing? Have you ever criticized the Z28 with the same argument or do you feel the Z28 makes sense on the street?
Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #56
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
I never said a base/tech GT350 would struggle as a DD, I said its misplaced and would be difficult to utilize the engines potential. It's designed to run 4000-8000 rpm. You could drag race it but it's weak low end torque and transmission would prove problematic. Ford didn't put $500 worth of coolers on them, preventing the base/tech cars from be tracked.
you never specified a trim , you spoke directly of the "Voodoo"

Quote:

Its a car and none are perfect...I've ridden in a tech and I can assure you it is a ton of fun on the street and more than able to handle DD duty.