Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
CAM-MARO
K1NG CAM

Drives: 2010 Summit White LT
To all camaro owners help. Gas sloshing around in tank.

i dont know if it is just my car or if other peoples camaro do it to...i have about 3/4 of a tank of gas in my car and everytime i go to a stop sign and break and come to a complete stop my gas tank sounds like theres gas sloshing around really hard back and fourth it sounds like water is in my trunk.... i have never heard this sound before until now and i dont know if there is something wrong that i can fix or if it just happens please help me with my question thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
i think people commented about this wayyyyyyy back last year when they were taking delivery of their Camaro orders.

ways to fix this:

#1 - come to a stop more smoothly

#2 - get some aftermarket exhaust installed

#3 - turn up the stereo
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-MARO View Post
i dont know if it is just my car or if other peoples camaro do it to...i have about 3/4 of a tank of gas in my car and everytime i go to a stop sign and break and come to a complete stop my gas tank sounds like theres gas sloshing around really hard back and fourth it sounds like water is in my trunk.... i have never heard this sound before until now and i dont know if there is something wrong that i can fix or if it just happens please help me with my question thanks
This has come up many times and I have no idea what's doing it. There were some discussions and thoughts but I don't know if anyone ever came to a conclusion. Search the forums for the sloshing sound or maybe someone will have a link to those threads.

Mine has a weird bang when I come to a stop. Supposed to be normal as others have had it happen. Also not sure why I'm having that sound. This happens every so often.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
CAM-MARO
K1NG CAM

Drives: 2010 Summit White LT
we should come to a conclusion on this thread
Old 09-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
L99SS

Drives: '10 Camaro IOM
Yes, it is fuel sloshing in the tank. Mine does it also. These cars are not very sound-proof; it is a mid-level sports car, not a luxury sedan, so exterior noises are more likely to travel into the passenger compartment.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
2SSRSB

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Inferno Orange
Never heard a slosh in 5,000 miles. Car built Dec. 2009.

2010 2SS RS
Born December 9, 2009
2SSRSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #7
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Mine has a weird bang when I come to a stop. Supposed to be normal as others have had it happen. Also not sure why I'm having that sound. This happens every so often.
just because something is "common", it does not mean that it's "normal" or that it's supposed to happen.

is this a front-end noise?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #8
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I havent heard it at all, and ive had to do some pretty hard braking.

Hmmm... If only we could make liquid... more solid. That way... it wont move when there is a difference of potential...*scratches chin*
Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
just because something is "common", it does not mean that it's "normal" or that it's supposed to happen.

is this a front-end noise?
Rear end noise... like something banging in the trunk. There was a lot of speculation on what it was but I don't think they ever figured out exactly the cause. I had this noise with nothing in the trunk so I know it wasn't that.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
This has come up many times and I have no idea what's doing it. There were some discussions and thoughts but I don't know if anyone ever came to a conclusion. Search the forums for the sloshing sound or maybe someone will have a link to those threads.

John I noticed when I went through a sharp turn I'd hear a thump I figured out it was the car manual in the glove box
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #11
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Rear end noise... like something banging in the trunk. There was a lot of speculation on what it was but I don't think they ever figured out exactly the cause. I had this noise with nothing in the trunk so I know it wasn't that.
i get a loud clunk from the rear end when i go over railroad tracks or a road with pot holes.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #12
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Smile and rest comfortably Gen5 owners....................It has been confirmed that the sloshing noise's are actually coming from under the Gen5's and not from the gas tanks themselves. Nary a worry be had folks...........It is a member of the FURD Motor Company research and development team who has become entangled around the drive shaft.

It is reported that these Blue Oval boys are getting all wrapped up while secretly hiding under these vehicles investigating the beautiful independent suspensions and under workings of the newest Generation of Camaro's. GM's own product safety research team has determined the sloshing back and forth noises are either coming from their counterparts dripping jawls or their drool catch cans rotating around and around. ie....................

It has also been reported and confirmed that any other occassionally odd and mysterious noises coming from under your Gen5's can be absolutely attributed to loose body parts being slung off at very high rates of accelleration.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #13
L99SS

Drives: '10 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Mine has a weird bang when I come to a stop. This happens every so often....

Rear end noise... like something banging in the trunk....

Sounds like you need to tie up that guy in the trunk better.

Last edited by L99SS; 09-09-2010 at 12:57 AM.
L99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Could always get that coating done that reduces exterior noises.

Also have to disagree to accept it as a mid-level 'sports' car so should hear that. BS! Low end cheap commuter cars don't even do that!!!
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote