Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #57
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
got a Playstation 3?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #58
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
lol, it was on before camaro5! Basically, it's superman, his younger years.
Sound cool. Sorry I missed.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #59
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
got a Playstation 3?
Nope. Bought one on release day and kept it in the box for over a year. Sold it the next Christmas to a guy that wanted one that was backwards compatable for his kids and the 2nd gen's (i think) weren't. Sold it for what I paid for it, then found out that they were selling for twice that used. Oh well, his kids loved it.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #60
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Maybe he thought his character was played out? I don't think it was, but you never know. Some "big name" actors sometimes act like divas and when they don't get their way, they throw a tantrum and leave.

But, I honestly don't know why he left.
Funny - I wouldn't have considered him that "big" of a star -- don't get me wrong, I like to when watching him but...he hasn't done much other than that one movie that I know of so....
I mean come on -- he's not Zach Quinto who went from Heros to friggen Star Trek -- now THAT is a huge difference...
Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #61
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I stopped watching it after the 4th or 5th season. I wish they killed Lana, i hate her!

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #62
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
I stopped watching it after the 4th or 5th season. I wish they killed Lana, i hate her!
She is kinda obnoxious -- I haven't gotten passed season 4 but I notice that she is SO bitchy when Clark has "secrets" or does something "odd" that he can't explain but when she's off her rocker he never makes her explain or gives her an attitude -- it's like everyone's gotta revolve around her...
Old 10-01-2010, 06:32 AM   #63
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Nope. Bought one on release day and kept it in the box for over a year. Sold it the next Christmas to a guy that wanted one that was backwards compatable for his kids and the 2nd gen's (i think) weren't. Sold it for what I paid for it, then found out that they were selling for twice that used. Oh well, his kids loved it.
Hmm, nevermind then. I always download the shows, throw them on a USB thumb drive and plug it into one of the controller USB ports and watch the show that way if I missed it. I don't know what to tell you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Funny - I wouldn't have considered him that "big" of a star -- don't get me wrong, I like to when watching him but...he hasn't done much other than that one movie that I know of so....
I mean come on -- he's not Zach Quinto who went from Heros to friggen Star Trek -- now THAT is a huge difference...
Well, compared to all of the main characters (minus Ma and Pa Kent, and daddy Luther) he was a bigger name actor than everyone else. Maybe he got a big ego being around a bunch of "newbies?" I dunno.

Quote:
Quote:
She is kinda obnoxious -- I haven't gotten passed season 4 but I notice that she is SO bitchy when Clark has "secrets" or does something "odd" that he can't explain but when she's off her rocker he never makes her explain or gives her an attitude -- it's like everyone's gotta revolve around her...
Most people found the Clark/Lana dynamic to be too bipolar. But if you had a boyfriend who you could always tell was hiding something, but if you could never quite put your finger on it, you'd get pretty bitchy about it too

I'm just sayin'

You're just projecting that, since you already know what his secrets are, you wouldn't mind much. And let's face it, a relationship where the guy always shy's away from sex without explaining why would make most women more than a little frustrated

Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #64
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Hmm, nevermind then. I always download the shows, throw them on a USB thumb drive and plug it into one of the controller USB ports and watch the show that way if I missed it. I don't know what to tell you

Well, compared to all of the main characters (minus Ma and Pa Kent, and daddy Luther) he was a bigger name actor than everyone else. Maybe he got a big ego being around a bunch of "newbies?" I dunno.

Most people found the Clark/Lana dynamic to be too bipolar. But if you had a boyfriend who you could always tell was hiding something, but if you could never quite put your finger on it, you'd get pretty bitchy about it too

I'm just sayin'

You're just projecting that, since you already know what his secrets are, you wouldn't mind much. And let's face it, a relationship where the guy always shy's away from sex without explaining why would make most women more than a little frustrated

I always was waiting for Jonathan Kent to go jumping into a car through the window....

Oh I agree with the bolded - I HAD a husband like that -- but what annoys me about Lana is not that part -- I get why she gets bitchy about that -- but she'd get bitchy about him doing something "unexplainable" -- like in season 3 or 4(??) - when he ran off to Metropolis on the red kryptonite and she got ALL high and mighty when he gave her the "I can't explain it" speech -- but she had the SAME freeking issues several times (in the first season alone) - or when that witch took over he body and etc etc (for real there are like a hundred examples of her doing "shit she can't explain") and Clark never ONCE got all "WTF BITCH!!" on her...

Sure he KNEW what was happening - but....he extended her the courtesy of "don't worry you were possessed sure" while in the reverse situation she's all "you're just a huge dick!" -- THATs why I hate her.....she's a goddamned hypocrite...
she needs a good smack in the face....
Old 10-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #65
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

But you outlined exactly why she should act that way while he doesn't.

People act very differently when they know why something is happening as opposed to when they are clueless.

I'm by no means trying to argue that Kristin Kreuk is a good actress (because frankly, I don't) but the dialogue makes sense from the standpoint of natural human reactions.

Look at it from her perspective, though. Everyone knew that she was under the spell of the Nicodemus (sp?) flower or possessed by Thoreau (sp?) whereas Clark is on his red kryptonite trip and no one knows he's infected by anything (other than Chloe and his parents) so why would she believe that he isn't just being a complete asshat? She has no reason to believe his actions are the result of anything other than his own personality.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #66
2010SSRSM6

2nd show was better. I guess I should have read the comics. What's the deal with the "suicide squad"?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #67
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
But you outlined exactly why she should act that way while he doesn't.

People act very differently when they know why something is happening as opposed to when they are clueless.

I'm by no means trying to argue that Kristin Kreuk is a good actress (because frankly, I don't) but the dialogue makes sense from the standpoint of natural human reactions.

Look at it from her perspective, though. Everyone knew that she was under the spell of the Nicodemus (sp?) flower or possessed by Thoreau (sp?) whereas Clark is on his red kryptonite trip and no one knows he's infected by anything (other than Chloe and his parents) so why would she believe that he isn't just being a complete asshat? She has no reason to believe his actions are the result of anything other than his own personality.

It's not even just that - there are other times he gets "posessed" by weird shit like she does and she get all uppity and he forgives her. It's just random how the writers make her a complete bitch.
I mean I do get when you like someone and they do something you feel is negative and you get all defensive - I am a girl but...

There was that time Clark kept having weird visions and she believed him like it was "normal" for weird shit to happen -- but then the next week something else weird happens and she's all freaking out and being a little brat.

I hate there's no consistency in her charachter in that regard. One week she's all "oh you're having visions, whatever" and the next it's "OMG you're a jerk I hate you!! Boohoooooo"...

Plus, overall she's whiney, gets into too much trouble, throws drama fits and is so unbelievable as a strong female character when they put her in that role. Maybe it's Kristin maybe it's the character - IDK but MAN does she drive me nuts!!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #68
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Besides my hatred for Lana, there is something else that bugs me more. Its the constant losing of powers, and random people getting powers. Grrrrr!
Clark is SUPERMAN! Game over!

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #69
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
It's not even just that - there are other times he gets "posessed" by weird shit like she does and she get all uppity and he forgives her. It's just random how the writers make her a complete bitch.
I mean I do get when you like someone and they do something you feel is negative and you get all defensive - I am a girl but...

There was that time Clark kept having weird visions and she believed him like it was "normal" for weird shit to happen -- but then the next week something else weird happens and she's all freaking out and being a little brat.

I hate there's no consistency in her charachter in that regard. One week she's all "oh you're having visions, whatever" and the next it's "OMG you're a jerk I hate you!! Boohoooooo"...

Plus, overall she's whiney, gets into too much trouble, throws drama fits and is so unbelievable as a strong female character when they put her in that role. Maybe it's Kristin maybe it's the character - IDK but MAN does she drive me nuts!!
PMS?

Quote:
Besides my hatred for Lana, there is something else that bugs me more. Its the constant losing of powers, and random people getting powers. Grrrrr!
Clark is SUPERMAN! Game over!
Except when he's around kryptonite (of any color)

What were y'alls thought on episode 2 for this season? What's with his leather jacket at the end?

Old 10-04-2010, 05:58 AM   #70
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
What were y'alls thought on episode 2 for this season? What's with his leather jacket at the end?
Not digging the jacket. Next week looks interesting though.